• Join Us!
  • Liver Protection
  • Liver Protection
  • Liver Protection
  • Liver Protection
  • Liver Protection
  • Liver Protection
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Liver Protection

eaglewrestler27
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Liver Protection

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection

• Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection
      I am planing on starting a cycle soon. Just have to make a quick run to mexico. I plan on useing EQ, test enthanate and some dbol. Well, dbol isn't that bad and it is my only oral, but i plan on useing more orals in the future ex.) winny, and possibly halo for strength gains. So, I'm gonna need some liver protectants, so far i've come across Milk thistle and ALA (which is an all-around awesome supplement). So i'll post what i found on these 2 and let me know what u think.

eaglewrestler27
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

How does it work?

Milk thistle seeds contain a bioflavonoid complex known as silymarin. This constituent is responsible for the medical benefits of the plant (according to Wagner H, Horhammer L, Munster R. in their article "The chemistry of silymarin (silybin), the active principle of the fruits of Silybum marianum (l.) Gaertner", published in Arzneim-Forsch Drug Research 1968; 18: 688-96.)

Silymarin is made up of three parts; silybin, silidianin and silicristin. silybin is the most active and is largely responsible for the benefits attributed to silymarin according to Hikino h, Kiso Y, et al. In their article " Antihepatotoxic actions of flavonolignans from Silybum marianum fruits", published in Planta Medica 1984; 50:248-50.

According to other studies, milk thistle extract may protect the cells of the liver by blocking the entrance of harmful toxins and helping remove these toxins from the liver cells. As with other bioflavonoids, silymarin is a powerful antioxidant. Milk thistle also regenerates injured liver cells according to Sonnenbichler J, Zetl I, in their article "Stimulating influence of a flavonolignan dirivative on proliferation, RNA synthesis and protein synthesis in liver cells". Published in Assessment and Management of Hepatobiliary Disease by Springer-Verlag.

As already stated, silymarin not only protects the liver cells (hepatocytes) against toxic damage it also regenerates them. It has been found in clinical studies to increase the rate of synthesis of RNA through stimulation of nucleorlar polymerase 1. This reinforces protein synthesis and accelerates cell-regeneration processes. Thus, silymarin is a useful remedy for chronic hepatitis, toxic fatty deposits in the liver and cirrhosis.

In one double-blind study, silymarin significantly reduced the mortality of patients with liver cirrhosis. The effect was most pronounced in patients with alcohol-induced cirrhosis. The mechanisms of action are reasoned to be based on the reduction of the metabolic or toxic effects of alcohol on the liver. One such action of silymarin is its ability to reduce hepatocellular necrosis which, in turn, may delay or prevent the occurrence of hepatic failure. Additionally, silymarin reduces collagen deposition in the liver, thereby reducing circulatory changes, particularly in the portal system.

In another double-blind, controlled study silymarin was shown to decrease the serum glutamic pyruvate transaminase (SGPT) and serum glutamic oxalacetic transaminase (SGOT) in patients with liver disease. Serum total and conjugated bilirubin also decreased during treatment. Significantly, liver biopsy showed a clear improvement in histological alterations, namely decreased fatty transformations. These findings indicate that silymarin complex may have both a prophylactic and a remedial effect on liver lesions.

Found at: LiverSupport.com

eaglewrestler27
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

How does it work?

Milk thistle seeds contain a bioflavonoid complex known as silymarin. This constituent is responsible for the medical benefits of the plant (according to Wagner H, Horhammer L, Munster R. in their article "The chemistry of silymarin (silybin), the active principle of the fruits of Silybum marianum (l.) Gaertner", published in Arzneim-Forsch Drug Research 1968; 18: 688-96.)

Silymarin is made up of three parts; silybin, silidianin and silicristin. silybin is the most active and is largely responsible for the benefits attributed to silymarin according to Hikino h, Kiso Y, et al. In their article " Antihepatotoxic actions of flavonolignans from Silybum marianum fruits", published in Planta Medica 1984; 50:248-50.

According to other studies, milk thistle extract may protect the cells of the liver by blocking the entrance of harmful toxins and helping remove these toxins from the liver cells. As with other bioflavonoids, silymarin is a powerful antioxidant. Milk thistle also regenerates injured liver cells according to Sonnenbichler J, Zetl I, in their article "Stimulating influence of a flavonolignan dirivative on proliferation, RNA synthesis and protein synthesis in liver cells". Published in Assessment and Management of Hepatobiliary Disease by Springer-Verlag.

As already stated, silymarin not only protects the liver cells (hepatocytes) against toxic damage it also regenerates them. It has been found in clinical studies to increase the rate of synthesis of RNA through stimulation of nucleorlar polymerase 1. This reinforces protein synthesis and accelerates cell-regeneration processes. Thus, silymarin is a useful remedy for chronic hepatitis, toxic fatty deposits in the liver and cirrhosis.

In one double-blind study, silymarin significantly reduced the mortality of patients with liver cirrhosis. The effect was most pronounced in patients with alcohol-induced cirrhosis. The mechanisms of action are reasoned to be based on the reduction of the metabolic or toxic effects of alcohol on the liver. One such action of silymarin is its ability to reduce hepatocellular necrosis which, in turn, may delay or prevent the occurrence of hepatic failure. Additionally, silymarin reduces collagen deposition in the liver, thereby reducing circulatory changes, particularly in the portal system.

In another double-blind, controlled study silymarin was shown to decrease the serum glutamic pyruvate transaminase (SGPT) and serum glutamic oxalacetic transaminase (SGOT) in patients with liver disease. Serum total and conjugated bilirubin also decreased during treatment. Significantly, liver biopsy showed a clear improvement in histological alterations, namely decreased fatty transformations. These findings indicate that silymarin complex may have both a prophylactic and a remedial effect on liver lesions.

Found at: LiverSupport.com

eaglewrestler27
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

opps, sorry bros didn't mean to post twice. Tried to delete last post but forum won't let me?

eaglewrestler27
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

"Alpha Lipoic Acid ( ALA 300) is a substance produced naturally by the body. As we age, Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) cannot be produced in large enough quantities to meet all of our body's needs. It is essential for increasing energy down to the mitochondria level. More powerful as an antioxidant than either vitamin "C" or "E" and helps both vitamins do a better job at scavenging free radicals.
      ALA also has the ability to restore vitamins "C" & "E" and also CO Q10. ALA boosts glutathione levels in cells. It is unique in that it works equally well in fats or water.
      Alpha Lipoic Acid supports the liver as a protectant and detoxifies heavy metals from the system. In Germany , Alpha Lipoic Acid is an approved medical treatment for peripheral neuropathy, a common complication of diabetes.

It speeds the removing of glucose from the bloodstream, partly by enhancing the insulin function. It also reduces insulin resistance, an underpinning of many cases of coronary heart disease and obesity.

Alpha Lipoic Acid also has been shown to support an improved physique, protects genetic material, is anti-aging, protects the heart against disease, and many other disease conditions. Alpha lipoic Acid along with HEP-3 will help liver tissue grow back stronger and healthier"

YellowJacket is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 428
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

N-acetyl Cysteine Profile
      Also known as Acetylcysteine, NAC
      By YellowJacket
      N-acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a very intriguing and underrated supplement. When one thinks of protecting his or her liver from 17-alpha alkylated steroids, alpha lipoic acid (ala) or milk thistle (silymarin) comes to mind, but NAC is possibly more beneficial than either of these liver aids. NAC is derived from the amino acid L-Cysteine and a precursor to Glutathione. NAC is metabolized into glutathione upon entry to the body. Glutathione is a protein found within cells and acts as the 'captain' of the body's antioxidant army. Glutathione hunts down free radicals and neutralizes their harmful effects. Glutathione also acts as a detoxifier and has the ability to alter chemical structures so they become neutral or less harmful. Glutathione is capable of removing any excess of heavy metals like mercury and lead, thus promoting a healthier liver.
      NAC and its myriad uses go beyond liver protection and antioxidant capabilites. NAC isomer can act as a radioprotectant against many aspects of oxidative damage (1). NAC has been used in emergency rooms for sometime to counteract posion ingestion, especially arsenic poisoning in humans. In this study, a 32- year old male had ingested 900mgs of arsenic in attempts to take his life, but N-acetylcysteine intravenously had been given and the man was discharged 24 hours later (2). NAC in high oral doses is used to prevent and treat Influenza infection and is used in even higher doses to boost the immune system of those who live with Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). Lack of GSH and electrophilic/oxidative injury have been identified among the causes of the adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) (3). HIV-infected persons at all stages of the disease were found to have decreased plasma cystine and cysteine concentrations and decreased intracellular glutathione levels (4). The use in treatment of AIDS patients are particularly interesting and seems to be a staple in all treatment regimens for its immune boosting effects. L-Glutamine is often used in treatment and supplemented by those with AIDS to boost immune function. NAC seems to have been lost in importance by those who weight train and participate in endurance activities.
      NAC is also effective in fighting tumor formation and growth. In one study, NAC treatment decreased the weight of a locally formed primary tumor and produced a dose-related delay in tumor formation (5). Although dose amounts were given, the NAC was taken orally.
      NAC is also used to fight the harmful effects of tobacco on the cell. It was showed that cigarette smoke reduces cell deformability, increasing the difficulty experienced by the larger neutrophils in negotiating the smaller capillary segments, so delaying their passage during smoking. This effect is both diminished and recoverable by the addition of plasma, and by GSH in concentrations found in plasma. (6)
      For liver protection and anti-oxidant purposes, a dose of 600mg can be used daily and works well in conjunction with milk thistle as a preventitive measure. There are no known contraindications or drug interactions with NAC.

(1) Free Radic Biol Med. 2003 Mar 15;34(6):689-95. Antioxidant role of N-acetyl cysteine isomers following high dose irradiation. Neal R, Matthews RH, Lutz P, Ercal N. Department of Chemistry, University of Missouri.

(2) Martin D, Willis S, Cline D. N-Acetylcysteine In The Treatment Of Human Arsenic Poisoning. J Am Board Fam Pract 3:293-296;1990

(3) Ruffmann R Wendel A. GSH rescue by N-acetylcysteine.
      In: Klin Wochenschr (1991 Nov 15) 69(18):857-62

(4)Droge W. Cysteine and glutathione deficiency in AIDS patients: a rationale for the treatment with N-acetyl-cysteine.
      In: Pharmacology (1993) 46(2):61-5

(5) De Flora S. Inhibition of invasion, gelatinase activity, tumor take and metastasis of malignant cells by N-acetylcysteine.
      In: Int J Cancer (1995 Mar 29) 61(1):121-9

(6) MacNee W Bridgeman MM Marsden M Drost E Lannan S Selby C Donaldson K. The effects of N-acetylcysteine and glutathione on smoke-induced changes in lung phagocytes and epithelial cells.
      In: Am J Med (1991 Sep 30) 91(3C):60S-66S

eaglewrestler27
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

cool bro, i learn something new everyday, especialy w/ all ur posts also, i read ur protein post over at anabloic minds (a very good forum) and wanted to make myself a proetin blend but am kinda confused any help would be appreciated

YellowJacket is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 428
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Thanks for the kind words, with only 7 posts here, you've alrady brought some good info.

eaglewrestler27
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection

• Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection
      • Liver Protection
      hey YJ i started a new thread about protein blends if u wanna chime in, ur help would really be appreciated!