• Join Us!
  • Microwave and Plastics
  • Microwave and Plastics
  • Microwave and Plastics
  • Microwave and Plastics
  • Microwave and Plastics
  • Microwave and Plastics
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Microwave and Plastics

Keiser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Microwave and Plastics

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics

• Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics
      This may be total bullshit, but I received it in an email and figured I would pass it on:

On Channel 2 this morning, they had a Dr. Edward Fujimoto from Castle Hospital on the program. He is the manager of the Wellness Program at the hospital. He was talking about dioxins, and how bad they are for us.

He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat and plastics, releases dioxins into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Dioxins are carcinogens (cancer causing agents), and highly toxic to the cells of our bodies.

Instead, he recommends that we should be using glass, Corning Ware, or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results without the dioxins. So such things as TV dinners, instant saimin and soups, etc., should be removed from the container, and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad, but you don't know what is in the paper. It is just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He said we might remember when some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper.

The dioxin problem is one of the reasons. To add to this: Saran (plastic) wrap, placed over foods as they are nuked, with the high heat, actually drips poisonous toxins into the food. Instead, you should use a paper towel.

CJWolf
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

that's why i don't use the microwave ...

crombie09
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

good post. thanks -crombie09

Damonic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 415
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

good post
      Everything I say is my opinion and should not be listened to by anyone.

LOCO is offline VET
      Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 102
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

blablabla.... teflon is bad too when heated (it's a really powerful toxin) yet they use it in all nonstick pots/pans etc... aluminum as well is is veeery toxic to the body, yet they use it to make pots and pans and all kinds of other kitchen utensils too (which we are taking into our bodies)..... copper as well kills (makes u veery sick) and almost all of the waterpipes today are made out of copper.... and the list goes on.... even the friggin air u inhale has millions of toxins in it... soooo... u can't always avoid them...

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Microwave and Plastics

Originally posted by Keiser
      This may be total bullshit, but I received it in an email and figured I would pass it on:

On Channel 2 this morning, they had a Dr. Edward Fujimoto from Castle Hospital on the program. He is the manager of the Wellness Program at the hospital. He was talking about dioxins, and how bad they are for us.

He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat and plastics, releases dioxins into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Dioxins are carcinogens (cancer causing agents), and highly toxic to the cells of our bodies.

Instead, he recommends that we should be using glass, Corning Ware, or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results without the dioxins. So such things as TV dinners, instant saimin and soups, etc., should be removed from the container, and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad, but you don't know what is in the paper. It is just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He said we might remember when some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper.

The dioxin problem is one of the reasons. To add to this: Saran (plastic) wrap, placed over foods as they are nuked, with the high heat, actually drips poisonous toxins into the food. Instead, you should use a paper towel.

no microwave use here....

Tinfish is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 303
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics

• Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics
      • Microwave and Plastics
      I think every thing in the world has been claimed by someone to be harmful to the body.
      Tinfish@Ziplip.com
      Mod @ SM