• Join Us!
  • I Wish I Had A Cool Dad
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Wish I Had A Cool Dad

THE JUICE
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default I Wish I Had A Cool Dad

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I wish my dad was a little more cooler on things. He's all serious most of the time. Ive never once in my 21 years of living had a father to son conversation with him. He's just not that type of a person. When I was growing up he never gave me ay advice on things, I had to learn on my own. When I used to get into fights in school he would tell me to tell the teacher instead of me defending myself. WHat a wuss, come on if someone hits u your gonna hit back right. Today he's all serious on things. I HAD TO LEARN ABOUT GIRLS MYSELF. He never gave me advice there or even talked to me about them. Hes always cleaning when there is nothing to clean, name calling me, always tells on me when he picks on me, I end up in trouble at times they tell me to get out of the house. I always get called "Lazy "by him. Hey I finally got a job and he still calls me lazy. He tells me I workout and im big but useless.

I think this to myself, maybe he wants me to be like him but I can't. Im more sporty and different and hes just a casual guy. He likes working in the sun and sacrificing himself and Im the total opposite. Im thinking of getting a college degree soon so I wont have to do as much as he does. I wanna open up a fitness center here in my city in the future, instead of working in the sun all day. I wanna be my own boss.

I think its too late for us to click right, I see alot of friends that click awesome with there dads. They go out with them and drink and have fun. I wish I could see my dad as a friend and my dad too. I always tell my mom that I wish my dad was more like her brothers, those guys are cool. We chill together, talk like friends about anything, not worring about respect or whatever.

petite is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 378
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I just wish my dad gave a shit about me!!
      "Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I walk by again?"

"Some people believe that holding on and hanging in there are signs of strength. However, there are times in life which it takes much more strength to just let go"

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

no matter what, your dad is your dad bro....I miss my dad, he passed away 3yrs ago

Dad's are awesome

petite is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 378
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by rado

Dad's are awesome
      Not all Dad's. What about those dads that neglect their kids. Then, when they do get to see them on a weekend they take them to the bar with them so, they can get drunk!!! Then, when the kids grow up they never call or come by to see them because they are still too busy getting fucked up in a bar somewhere!! Yes, I'm talking about my dad. I have alot of resentment towards this man!! So, not ALL dads are awesome!
      "Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I walk by again?"

"Some people believe that holding on and hanging in there are signs of strength. However, there are times in life which it takes much more strength to just let go"

Luftdude is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 424
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Hell, my dad changed alot since his aneurysm back in '98. I think he's awesome even though I like to give him a hard time though but it's all in jest.
      RIP Gearedup and Marc. I'll see you at the crossroads someday guys

Zero to 60 in under 7 seconds. One, two, three, four, five, six, sev-that fast=AMC AMX ad from 1968

chris_93_jeep@msn.com

mod @ garageboard.com

THE JUICE
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

no matter what, your dad is your dad bro....I miss my dad, he passed away 3yrs ago

Dad's are awesome

Sorry to hear that Rado. But my dad is weird, I know he's my dad and all but hey "for him to show some appreciation cause Im his son", he's never admitted saying good job to me nor what so ever. Everything I do is a waste for him. I have alot of anger towards that, I wish he could someday relize that. He worked a job that required him taking off in the AM hours, even till this day. When I was a little kid I didnt really see him that much, even now. He never really had time for me, I had to learn on my own bascially everything I know, including defending myself, girls, alot of things. He would put me down when I would do something wrong, or make fun of me. I had to do my shit on my own. I wish one day in the future I could prove him worng. Like on his birthday I gave him some gifts that I bought him, all he does is look at them and says thanx but in a way like is hes like yeah whatever. I thought he would appreciate it or something but i guess not. Maybe he's shy to admit things.

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by THE JUICE
      Sorry to hear that Rado. But my dad is weird, I know he's my dad and all but hey "for him to show some appreciation cause Im his son", he's never admitted saying good job to me nor what so ever. Everything I do is a waste for him. I have alot of anger towards that, I wish he could someday relize that. He worked a job that required him taking off in the AM hours, even till this day. When I was a little kid I didnt really see him that much, even now. He never really had time for me, I had to learn on my own bascially everything I know, including defending myself, girls, alot of things. He would put me down when I would do something wrong, or make fun of me. I had to do my shit on my own. I wish one day in the future I could prove him worng. Like on his birthday I gave him some gifts that I bought him, all he does is look at them and says thanx but in a way like is hes like yeah whatever. I thought he would appreciate it or something but i guess not. Maybe he's shy to admit things.
      I know you have your bad one's in this world and it's a shame, it reall is the both of you should sit down and talk like father and son sometime, it can/will help. you need to let him know that your his son and you need him to "Listen" to you

THE JUICE
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I know you have your bad one's in this world and it's a shame, it reall is the both of you should sit down and talk like father and son sometime, it can/will help. you need to let him know that your his son and you need him to "Listen" to you

My dad aint a bad guy. He's a hard worker. Hardly drinks and if he does its just like 2 beers at the most. I think its the "Macho Image". You know like they say in mexican families its all about being macho when your a guy, you show no weaknessess, well i guess thats how my dad is. About talking to him, he will just deny everything and make me look bad, he's gonna say Im the bad one.

This is something Im not gonna do with my kids when I have some. Im gonna be the best dad towards them and give them all they need but know my limits.

Keiser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

My dad took the dirt nap back in 1999.

Terminator is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 107
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: I Wish I Had A Cool Dad

I wish my dad was a little more cooler on things. He's all serious most of the time. Ive never once in my 21 years of living had a father to son conversation with him. He's just not that type of a person. When I was growing up he never gave me ay advice on things, I had to learn on my own. When I used to get into fights in school he would tell me to tell the teacher instead of me defending myself. WHat a wuss, come on if someone hits u your gonna hit back right. Today he's all serious on things. I HAD TO LEARN ABOUT GIRLS MYSELF. He never gave me advice there or even talked to me about them. Hes always cleaning when there is nothing to clean, name calling me, always tells on me when he picks on me, I end up in trouble at times they tell me to get out of the house. I always get called "Lazy "by him. Hey I finally got a job and he still calls me lazy. He tells me I workout and im big but useless.

I think this to myself, maybe he wants me to be like him but I can't. Im more sporty and different and hes just a casual guy. He likes working in the sun and sacrificing himself and Im the total opposite. Im thinking of getting a college degree soon so I wont have to do as much as he does. I wanna open up a fitness center here in my city in the future, instead of working in the sun all day. I wanna be my own boss.

I think its too late for us to click right, I see alot of friends that click awesome with there dads. They go out with them and drink and have fun. I wish I could see my dad as a friend and my dad too. I always tell my mom that I wish my dad was more like her brothers, those guys are cool. We chill together, talk like friends about anything, not worring about respect or whatever.
      Bro, you described my dad almost to a tee, other than my dad drinks alot and then runs me into the ground. I have more than he has ever had yet he tells me how worthless I am and he is the most self centered piece of shit to walk the earth. Whenever I do something good its not good enough. All he does is talk about himself and how great he is. I feel sometimes that its all jelousy that he wasnt like me. Maybe that your dads issue also. Just remember it when you have children and take it as a lesson when raising your own!

LOCO is offline VET
      Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 102
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: I Wish I Had A Cool Dad

man u pretty much described my relationship with my dad (and mom).... exactly like u said up there... being called lazy, having to do everything on my own etc... never had any father-son conversations... never talked about girls, sports etc... never took me out to a game, or fishing, or anything father-son related..
      my mom side isn't much better either.. same thing here.. except in her case it's the "wanting to have control over u 100%" - where u go, what u eat, what u wear, how u behave, how u drive, etc etc... totally fuked up.. most of the year i'm living on my own.. but during the summer i have to move back for couple of month (cuz of the damn money issue)... and when i'm back i'm stressed out, pissed off, moody etc all the time... i hate it...

3Vandoo is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Well me da was alway *****ing about me, alway complaing I was lazy and idiot, always on my back, and only compliemented me once.
      I was bringing back test in geo and history, with 100% grades, and the bastard replied "well your math sucks"

BUT, he was alway, and alway telling to everyone that I was the best in that, my son is that and that he so good, he has football scholarship in the states, he do that and that. To everyone he was giving me credit and merit, but when he was talking to me, it was another ball game.

Anyway, the old fucker died in 1996, and I didnt had the chance to tell him I love him.

So, even if you have difficulties with your da, cherish any moments left you have with him, because you never know......

322 out
      three doodoo is back! Hide your women!

LOCO is offline VET
      Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 102
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i just wish i had normal and resonable parents... don't think that's too much to ask..

BigSoda
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

my Dad once drank way too much years ago and had a bad ass temper and we never saw eye to eye on anything but now things have changed alot,we train,eat,juice,and hang out together alot,maybe you should just try to talk to with bro,u would be suprised,good luck

3Vandoo is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Originally posted by LOCO
      i just wish i had normal and resonable parents... don't think that's too much to ask..

I sure they wish a normal and reasonable kid

sorry, jk

stay away from french women!!!!!!
      three doodoo is back! Hide your women!