• Join Us!
  • Would machines help in growth.
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would machines help in growth.

THE JUICE
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Would machines help in growth.

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Would machines help me in growth if im popping roids. What if I go really heavy on them. Would it do some serious growth or should I just stick to the free-weights. Ive gotten some good results from using machine weights before.

crew9
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Please don't even think about using juice ifyou use machines for a large amount of your lifting.

Chemical Evolution
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Its not the machine or the free waights that cause you to grow!

Its the amount of "stress" you expose your muscles to when working out!!!!

Warrior is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 108
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Machines mess up the negative resistance and take you out of your natural movement. IMO: Machines serve one purpose: to melt them down and make dumbells out of them.

They have their place. But it is in the back of the line.

"Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you."

Chemical Evolution
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Comparison/Contrast Essay

By Rob McLarnon

People have enjoyed working out for a long time. The going to the gym and working out trend is gaining popularity every year. Right now working out is the rage. Health clubs are getting built and remolded. There is still one question that the average working out Joe wants an answer for. Which is better? Free weights or machine weights? Does it really matter?

When a person works out with free weights it is necessary for him to have a spotter (a person to watch him in case he fails to lift the desired weight). The only time one could work out without a spotter is if he/she is lifting extremely light/weights. Even this could be dangerous. No one I know recommends lifting free weights alone. When working out with machine weights such as cables or hammer strength equipment the spotter is nice to have but not necessary. Machine weights are ideal for those who wish to train alone. Training alone can also cut one’s workout time in half.

Free weights use the natural motion a person has on that specific lift. An example of this is if a person has physical alteration, like one arm is longer than the other is and he wishes to bench press. The barbell or dumbbell will adjust with his range of motion. If that person wished to use a machine, his range of motion would be limited to his short arm. He still would be able to use that piece of equipment, but he wouldn’t get as well a work out if he would have if he used free weights.

Another downfall of machine exercise or cables exercises is that people come in a variety of heights and weights. Some people may have trouble fitting or may not even fit in a piece of equipment. This will restrict them from getting the maximum effectiveness of that particular exercise. Free weight equipment has no limitations for larger people. There is not one exercise that a person of larger size cannot do. All free weight equipment is open, while machine equipment is in closed. Both machines and free weight benches can be adjusted to get the proper angle one desires. There are two exercises that can only truly be done using free weights and that is the parallel squat and power clean. There are a few weight machines that try to mimic the squat but there is really no substitute. The squat is the king of all exercise. It builds thigh and hip development and strengthens the lower back. It also strengthens all the tiny stabilizer muscles in the body. The power clean is a full body exercise that strengthens and builds all the major muscles in the body like shoulder, back, legs, and arms. There is a downfall of free weights. One has to pick them up and return them to the tree (rack) after they are completed in their exercise routine.

Using free weights, a person will achieve greater mass than he would if he did the same exercise using machine equipment. Free weights use the person’s natural range of motion and strengthen their stabilizer muscles. If one switches from machine weights to free weights they will notice that they will shake a lot. Once that person becomes adjusted to the feel of free weights his stabilizer muscles will get stronger and he/she won’t shake as much if at all.

An advantage of machine weight exercise is that they give the ability to tone and allow a person to become more defined the muscles faster than free weights. Machine weights are nicer to use when one wants to use lightweight and high repetitions. However, free weights build mass faster than machine exercise. One can only get so large using machine weights because there is a maximum amount of weight that can be lifted. For instance most machine exercises can only go up roughly two hundred pounds where free weights can go to whatever the lifter can handle. If a person can lift five hundred pounds than there is no machine exercise that he could do.

Within the last couple of years there has been an explosion of new machine equipment to hit the market. One of the top brand names is the Hammer strength. It is a machine that standard free weights fit on. Even though it uses free weights it is not a free weight exercise. It is a machine-controlled exercise. Machine exercises have many advantages that free weights don’t. For example, while using a particular machine the weight is controlled and smooth both going up and going down. Using free weights it depends on how experienced the athlete is in order to achieve a smooth and controlled lift. Many females and beginners prefer machines rather than free weights for that reason.

Machines also have built in stoppers and where free weights don’t. An example of this is say Johnny decides to bench press. He chooses a free weight bench. He starts lifting and can’t get the weight up. His spotter is standing there not paying any attention because he is talking to the cute girl in spandex. All of a sudden the bar slams him on his chest and he stops breathing. Freddie looks at Johnny and decides to use the machine bench press instead. Freddie is lying there and pumping out reps when all of a sudden he can’t get another one. The weight comes crashing down. Lucky for him the built in stoppers stop the weight from ever making contact with his torso. Because the machine weights have stoppers females, beginners, and people rehabilitating an injury prefer them.

Cables are another type of machine that mimics dumbbells. They are actually better for the body than dumbbells. Many people hurt their shoulders doing dumbbell flies. One can achieve the same benefits as the dumbbell fly using the cable machine to do cable crossovers. Cable crossovers are easier on your body because injury of the shoulder can be avoided if a person keeps the cables in front of them or simply just lets go. There is no fear of a dumbbell smashing your foot.

Another free weight exercise that can cause injury is the behind the neck military press. Doing this exercise the rotator cuff is at risk of being injured. Using the military press machine or the behind the neck press on the hammer strength greatly reduces the risk of injuring the rotator cuff. The machines protect one from injury by not actually letting the bar go behind the neck. The bar actually goes down to shoulder level slightly behind one’s head the stoppers stop the weight from going any farther than that. This exercise is safer and just as affective.

Another example of how machines are better than free weights is that there are a few more exercises that one cannot do using free weights. One exercise is the hip sled. It was developed by the Hammer Strength Company and is a whole body workout. Another exercise that can’t be performed by free weights is the leg press. The free weight version of this exercise is the dead lift. The dead lift puts a lot of stress on one’s lower back. That puts the risk of slipping a disk or blowing out a knee. The leg press actually works the legs better than the dead lift and since it is a machine it is a smooth controlled lift.

So which type of lifting is better, free weights or machines? Both are. There are certain exercises that are more effective by using free weights rather than machines. There are also certain machine exercises that are just as good as free weights and are a lot safer. The best way to get in shape and stay in shape is to find the happy medium of utilizing both machine and free weight. If one desires to build their body up they should primarily use free weights for their core lifts (bench, squat, power clean, incline bench, and dead lift). If one desires definition and tone they should stick to the machine weights. All in all, I found that using both free weights and machines I can achieve my personal goals.

jack hust
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

free weights . and to answer your ? more aas only help build muscle diet and rest and your work out do most of the work just because you take a aas does not mean you will grow bro not a flame just want to make sure you do not waist any cash unless you have done the math

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by Chemical Evolution

Yep.

Speedracer59 is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 341
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Mabey its just were I work out but when someone askes me a question like that I tell them to look around. Most of the people who do free weights are in alot better shape than the people on machines.I use some machines but it is usually the last excercise to burn out. I think most people use machines because it is easier. The harder the work the better the results.Thats the way I see it.
      "There is no such thing as big pussies just little dicks. If it is loose just keep packing dick to it."

RC51racer is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 262
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Sometimes I get more of a burn using the hammer strength preacher curl machine than I do using free weight preachers. But I usually just alternate between the two.

Chemical Evolution
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

IMHO a combo is the best!

3Vandoo is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I combine both!

on the machine I use the legs extension, curls, donkey raise, hack/ machine squat, leg press, cables, bench press to complete my bench press session, and some other like shoulders press when I am alone working out, all of them are plates loaded...
      three doodoo is back! Hide your women!

Drveejay11
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by Chemical Evolution

Agreed!

Chemical Evolution
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by Drveejay11
      Agreed!
      Originally posted by Rado
      Yep

Thanks

THE JUICE
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Probably the only thing that works for me from using machines were the lat-pulldowns or the tricep-pressdowns.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 9
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I would stick to free weight bro nothing better than old school
      All information that I state is fictional, I am not a source or know anyone that is a source, I do not use or know anyone that uses any type of AAS. All comments are to be taken as a roleplaying and are fictional information everyones amusment