• Join Us!
  • hey spidey......
  • hey spidey......
  • hey spidey......
  • hey spidey......
  • hey spidey......
  • hey spidey......
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: hey spidey......

Governor is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 217
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default hey spidey......

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......

• hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......
      alright I just saw that you posted last and it reminded me of a question I wanted to ask you (it was in another thread and im sorry if you have answered it but I was gone for a week so bear with me).

The topic was Insulin and you posted saying "insulin is toxic to the pancreas" Now this goes against everything I've learned. Care to elaborate?
      "Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."
      - Joseph Stalin

Power perceived is power achieved.

Unless you are the lead dog, the view never changes.

spidey is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 247
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

What I probably should have said is that an excess of insulin is toxic to the pancreas. That was told me by a good friend of mine who is an excellent cell biologist and diabetic and thus has a vested interest in the biology of insulin. I am embarrased to say I did not prod him about the specifics. I will come back to this thread a little later though and let you know what I find out.
      Spidey is a fictional character. I do not use or condone the use of illegal drugs. Any references to steroids or other illegal drugs is purely for entertainment purposes and role-playing.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

OK, I thought I knew the answer but I wanted to make sure before I made an idiot out of myself, LOL.

Insulin production is regulated by a negative feedback inhibition loop similar to testosterone production, HGH production and other hormones.

If, for instance, you stayed on a high dose of very HPTA suppressive AS for too long, you will get testicular atrophy which may be irreversable after enough time. You may obliterate your body's ability to make test and consign yourself to a lifetime of HRT.

If you take high doses of HGH for a long enough period of time, you can cause pituitary atrophy and kill your body's ability to make its own HGH, which again, can be permanant if you do it for a long enough time.

The same applies to insulin. By taking large doses of exogenous insulin, you inhibit the B cells in your pancreas from producing insulin. Suppress natural insulin production long enough and you may cause your B cells to atrophy and become unable to make insulin permanantly.
      Spidey is a fictional character. I do not use or condone the use of illegal drugs. Any references to steroids or other illegal drugs is purely for entertainment purposes and role-playing.

Governor is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 217
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by spidey
      OK, I thought I knew the answer but I wanted to make sure before I made an idiot out of myself, LOL.

Insulin production is regulated by a negative feedback inhibition loop similar to testosterone production, HGH production and other hormones.

If, for instance, you stayed on a high dose of very HPTA suppressive AS for too long, you will get testicular atrophy which may be irreversable after enough time. You may obliterate your body's ability to make test and consign yourself to a lifetime of HRT.

If you take high doses of HGH for a long enough period of time, you can cause pituitary atrophy and kill your body's ability to make its own HGH, which again, can be permanant if you do it for a long enough time.

The same applies to insulin. By taking large doses of exogenous insulin, you inhibit the B cells in your pancreas from producing insulin. Suppress natural insulin production long enough and you may cause your B cells to atrophy and become unable to make insulin permanantly.

Yes but insulin is only active for a few hours where as test (if esterfired) is continually being broken down and activated in the body.

Insulin is (usually) only taken once a day and is only active for 3 hours. there is another five meals a day that the pancreas has to produce insulin for, thus eliminating the therory of shutting down the pancreas, correct?

now, I could see permanent damage occuring wiht long term use of the 20-30 hour slin but not log.
      "Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."
      - Joseph Stalin

Power perceived is power achieved.

Unless you are the lead dog, the view never changes.

Flipmcneil
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I am a celluar and molecular biology student working on A pHD in this field. By taking large doses of exogenous insulin you do stop beta cells of the pancreas from releasing insulin(negative feedback), but you do not cause them permanent damage when insulin is taken in sane dosages. It is still not a good idea to be on for extended periods of time when you do not need insulin therapy.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......

• hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......
      • hey spidey......
      Governor - You may be right; I don't know for sure. I have seen some people post about using insulin several times a day for extended periods of time. I think that is risky. I believe Flipmcneil agrees with me in principle but I would bow to his superior knowledge in this field. I am a synthetic chemist who just happens to know some biology. I do not consider myself medical expert.

Incidently, I think HGH is only active in the body for a few hours as well but I have read case studies on people who suffered pituitary atrophy due to extended use of large doses of HGH. Seems to me that a similar case could be made for insulin.