• Join Us!
  • Blood test?
  • Blood test?
  • Blood test?
  • Blood test?
  • Blood test?
  • Blood test?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Blood test?

Breezed_one
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Blood test?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Blood test?
      • Blood test?

• Blood test?
      • Blood test?
      • Blood test?
      • Blood test?
      • Blood test?
      • Blood test?
      I think I am going to have my blood tested due to high cholesterol(sp) at my last few doc appts. My question is that Im on fina and alittle test...How bad will this distort my actual lvls, or will it distort it at all? Also is test lvls automatically screened with that test or is it by docs request? I think Im going to inform my doc of that Im on and maybe he can help me out with some informational things (along with the required what your doing is bad and heres why statement)...

darmadoc
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Test levels are not routinely checked, so I doubt your doctor would normally order thiem. If your choleterol is normally high, your AAS will likely elevate it more. If you tell your doc what you are doing he may give you something to lower your cholesterol, he may tell you to wait untill your cycle is over, or he may give you a big lecture. On the other hand if your cholesterol is OK despite the gear you may not need to tell him anything.

AnotherUser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

They won't "distort" your blood levels of cholesterol or any other blood lipids. No, your test levels aren't normally included. Docs order the fewest tests needed.

SJR7674
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

AnotherUser - What in Hell are you talking about. I don't mean to be an asshole, but don't answer a question if you don't know the answer.

One of the biggest problems with steroids is that it does effect your cholesterol levels, most importantly your ratios of HDL & LDL. In 4 months , while dieting for a show, my cholesterol went from 185 to 215. My HDL went from 40 to 10. My LDL went from 130 - 160. These are fairly significant changes in a short period of time, especially when you take into account the high fiber/low fat diet, and cardio 5 days per week.

After my cholesterol values began to change like this, my doctor prescribed Lipitor (20 mg per day) for me. My values went back to normal in 6 weeks. Also, keep in mind that if you are using a strong anti-e like arimidex, ratios get even worse (sometimes the Lipitor isn't even enough to control this)

AnotherUser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Don't insult me when YOU don't know what you're talking about. No shit, steroids do affect your cholesterol levels as well as other blood lipids. But they don't "distort" tests. What the tests show is what's actually going on inside your body. Will it change when you come off? Most likely. BUT THE TESTS WILL BE ACCURATE.

Maybe you just presented your question wrong. You asked if it would "distort," indicating that the tests would be innaccurate. Again, the tests will be accurate, but yes, in will adversely affect your blood tests. And again, testosterone will not be checked unless you give the doctor a reason to check it.

Tell your doctor you're on and get EVERYTHING tested, liver enzymes, PSA values, etc.

Drenten
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Blood test?
      • Blood test?

• Blood test?
      • Blood test?
      • Blood test?
      • Blood test?
      • Blood test?
      • Blood test?
      One of the tests that can be “distorted” is a serum estrogen RIA. If you are using Nolvadex on a cycle the Nolvadex will show up on a serum estrogen RIA as estrogen.

Not that this has anything to do with cholesterol, but just FYI.