• Join Us!
  • Diuretic Quandry !?
  • Diuretic Quandry !?
  • Diuretic Quandry !?
  • Diuretic Quandry !?
  • Diuretic Quandry !?
  • Diuretic Quandry !?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Diuretic Quandry !?

SJR7674
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Diuretic Quandry !?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?

• Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      If any of you really experienced vets out there with knowledge in diuretics could please help. I have done 10 shows. I have used diueritics in everyone, and always look flat. I need them because I carry to much water even when on non-aromatizing drugs. Lasix and Diazide flattened me out like a panckae, especially when cutting water.

I am experimenting with a combo of Aldactazide and Aldactone this time. The program still calls for cutting the water in half the last 2 days. I think I may still go flat. Also can't get any vascularity going, I think from the low blood pressure and lack of sodium. Anyone have any tried and true tricks for the last week Water,Sodium, Diuretics that won't leave me looking like a $2 crack-***** on stage.

Appreciate it

Lmg2701 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 82
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I hear the aldactone/dyazide combination works fairly well. I believe it goes something like starting aldactone on monday and switching to dyazide on the friday.
      When I competed last year I went with Aldactone. Started with a low dose on the monday and worked my way up to a higher dose on the friday. I was really dry come saturday morning. As far as being flat goes with your diuretics I'd have to see what your carb up looks like. As far as vascularity, I hear a glass of wine a little while before you go on stage helps out a lot. Haven't tried it yet but will next year when i step on stage again.
      Knowledge is power.

SJR7674
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Last years competition

Here is what I did last year. I started my Peak week at 223 lbs and wound-up weighing in at 206. I fucked everything up. I looked so flat and small I didn't even want to be on stage. No size, no fullness, no vascularity, and I wasn't even dry.

On Sun, Mon, Tues I ate 100 grams of carbs and drank 2 gallons of water. I also kept my sodium high, about 3 grams.

On Wed, Thu, and Fri I ate 600,500,500 grams of carbs. On Wed and Thu I drank 1/2 gallon each day. On Fri I drank 1/3 gallon.

On Sun,Mon, & Tues I took 25 mg Aldactone. Also on Tues night I took 1/2 Diazide and 10 mg oral lasix.

On Wed & Thu I took 50 mg Aldactone. On Friday I took 50 mg Aldactone, and 1/2 Diazide in the AM in 1/2 Diazide in the PM.

I kept my sodium up until Thu then cut it down to what is just in Food for Friday.

So where do you guys think I went drastically wrong? I didn't really take that many diuretics. Still lost 16 lbs and looked flat

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

This is how my carb deplete/load went. I don't remember it to a T but this is close.
      Sun,Mon,Tues-0 Carbs, up sodium, up calcium
      Wed- 800-1000 carbs, no sodium, 2 gallons of water
      Thurs- 400 Carbs, no sodium, 1 gallon of water
      Fri- Got carbs only from Rice cakes and Sodium free peanut butter, peanut butter was there to up fats. Stop drinking water at noon. Only sipped from there till comp. time. Fri. nite I eat a big steak.
      Sat.- Pancakes and syrup, lots of simple sugars

I started Aldactone on mon. 25mg. AM/ tues 25mg AM/ wed 25mg AM, 25mg PM./Thurs 25mg AM, 25mg PM/ Fri. You judge if you want to do 25mg AM and 50mg PM. I got so dry that my head started to hurt. I also took a laxcitive on the friday nite.

I did full body workouts on mon. and tues. stopped legs before the weekend though.

Can't think of anything else right now, try to post more later if more comes to me.
      Knowledge is power.

SJR7674
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

By cutting your sodium out so early, didn't you go flat and lose vascularity (by the way, how much is "cutting out - 0 sodium?)

also, did you just stick with aldactone the whole time, no other diuretics?

I hold a lot of water when I carb-up. Interested in your stats at eating 800-1000 grams carbs?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?

• Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      • Diuretic Quandry !?
      Yes, I cut sodium completely from wed. until fri late. Friday late I had a steak with seasoning. I may have lost a little vascularity this is why next year I plan on trying the wine idea to see if it helps. I only stuck with Aldactone because dyazide was not available to me. If it was I would have switched to Dyazide on the friday and sat. morning. maybe even injectable lasix on the sat. morning. I didn't hold that much water, I was rather dry. Stats 5'7" Before carb up around 166lbs. I also used a mix of nivea firming lotion and preperation h and rubbed that on me starting about 6 weeks out on all the spots that you feel you may be holding water in.
      Knowledge is power.