• Join Us!
  • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
  • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
  • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
  • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
  • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
  • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insulin(MUST READ!!!)

BullFX
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Insulin(MUST READ!!!)

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)

• Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      posted by suspower @ CJM

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...t=insulin+death

If the link dont work just read this.....

Almost Died tonight

Well about 3 hours ago I was staring the grim reaper right in the face, sorry to be overly damatic but I'm pretty shook. Took my shot of slin after my workout 10IU, been taking that dosage for a good 2 weeks IM with no probs EVER (and I was taking 8IU postworkout for a week before that). I've never even been the slightest bit hypo, even when going as low as 60g of carbs with 10IU along with 200mg. Anyways tonight something went terribly wrong, and the reason why has me baffled.

I was driving home about 10 min after the shot when it hit me like a ton of bricks, luckily I pulled over at a super market and had my bro run in and get some honey along with some coke, while I sat in the car desperately trying to chug the gatorade (as I was extremely full from taking in my post workout shake/food, I'll get to what it consisted of later). Well shit got pretty dark when he went inside, I thought I was a goner, shit started going black...I barely remember the ordeal. I finally managed to chug the rest of the gatorade and by then my bud had gotten back with the honey. I downed a bunch and after about 20 min of going really badly hypo and coming out (it was literally a struggle). I almost had my friend drive me to the hospital. I was really dizzy, couldn't think straight, got really cold, and extremely nauseous (prob mostly from being so full from trying to get that sugar in me).

Finally I feel good enough to have him start driving my car when about 5 min down the road we had to stop because it was getting worse. We pulled over, got another coke but I couldn't down it because I was so full and nauseaous. Well since I hadn't taken in any sugar in the past 7 min or so I stepped out of the car, and threw up so I could fit more sugar in (I figured that since sugar is absorbed so quickly this was my best bet at living since if I had waited it out I would have gone into a coma).

Well I throw up and feel a lot better. I down a coke and eat a power bar and make it back to my friends place. By then it started getting worse again. He ran inside and grabbed some more soda and I began downing more and more honey. Finally I got really full again and couldn't take in anymore sugar. I waited about 5 min after my last consumption of sugar and threw up so I could get more in me (this is about 1 hour after my shot, and about 25 minutes after I threw up last).

I literally chug half a bottle of honey and begin downing more and more soda. At this point I start to get a handle on the hypo and VERY slowly I start to win the battle. I sat in my car with my buddy until 2 hours after the shot and finally the hypo slowly faded.

I'm so fvcking shook from this experience, because I did everything right. I took in over 300g of sugar in this 2 hour period. I have no idea how I went hypo...especially since I had done this same amount for the past 2 weeks. Here's my food intake:

-Taken with shot, 75g of dextrose, 10g of creatine, and 60g of whey protein (3 scoops of optimum whey, and 2 scoops of cell-tech).
      -5min after shot a pear, and a 20oz gatorade along with 4 glucose tabs
      -15min after shot, 2 tablespoons of honey and 6 more glucose tabs
      -30min after shot, I throw-up because I'm so naseous and full, then down 20oz coke and eat a powerbar

The rest is a bit of a blur because I was so dizzy and out of it. But I took a tally and after that I ended up taking in over half a bottle of honey (totaling 153g of carbs). Along with 1.5 liters of ginger-ale (which had 27g of carbs per 8oz of soda. Along with another 5 glucose tabs.

During this whole experience I really thought I was going to die, shit was flashing before my eyes and everything. I had visions of my funeral and everything..

Anyways I was really wishing I had bought some glucagon during this experience. I ended up not buying it because I didn't feel like spending the extra 30 or so bucks because I figured I knew what I was doing. To anyone who is going to take insulin I really recommend getting it, because as I saw tonight, even if you know what you are doing sometimes shit goes wrong for one reason or another.

Lesson I took away is I was an idiot for using insulin. I thought I knew what I was doing and assumed shit always plays out how it does on paper so all I had to do was follow the guidelines, and have a little extra carbs on-hand to be safe. Well I learned the hard way shit doesn't always play out like that. I am really lucky to be typing this right now, especially since normally I workout alone. If my friend wasn't there today, I would have been a goner, no question. I owe him my life.

Sorry for rambling on, but I figured I'd share this story to maybe prevent someone else from going through the same shit I went through. I really had no business using slin when I can still grow off AAS...I think too many people lately have been minimizing the seriousness of insulin, probably myself included, so I hope this might be a wake-up call for some. I know it was for me. I wouldn't recommend insulin to anyone right now, and never will again....not when you can still grow off AAS.

BigSoda
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

damn bro glad all is well,be careful and always have your food and shakes on hand and some extras around.

DiamondBling
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I always take my shot at home, where food is plentiful. With someone around, incase something like that happens. And I stay home for about 3 hours after the shot just incase.

football54 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I use a timer and keep very safe
      life is _____?

life is hitting a guy so hard that he forgets his own name and remembers yours forever!
      FOOTBALL IS LIFE SO LIVE IT UP!

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

glad he is ok now.....just to show some of you to know your shit or be gone just like that

Lmg2701 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 82
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Son of a *****, just when I started thinking about it, kinda scares me away now. Always new the risks just hits you a different way when someone has a story like this stating how they did things right but things still went wrong.
      Knowledge is power.

spidey is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 247
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I hope this serves as a wake up call to everyone. Insulin is serious shit. Anyone who takes slin who is not a diabetic is a fool in my opinion. I have voiced that opinion before only to have people scoff and tell me that it's like anything else and there are ways to do it safely. Well, tell that to this guy. Can anyone here tell me what he did wrong? I sure as hell don't see it. It is NOT like anything else. If you take a few too many dbol tabs, it won't kill you. Take a little too much insulin though and it will kill you deader than a hammer. Even if the acute toxicity doesn't get you, chronic use will slowly make you insulin resistant and over the years, you may end up a diabetic. Insulin is toxic to your pancreas.

Ask yourself if a few extra pounds is worth even a small risk of turning yourself into a diabetic or killing yourself outright. If it is, you are a fool. It isn't for me. I will stick with a few AAS from time to time and a good training regimen and diet and grow just fine.
      Spidey is a fictional character. I do not use or condone the use of illegal drugs. Any references to steroids or other illegal drugs is purely for entertainment purposes and role-playing.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by spidey
      I hope this serves as a wake up call to everyone. Insulin is serious shit. Anyone who takes slin who is not a diabetic is a fool in my opinion. I have voiced that opinion before only to have people scoff and tell me that it's like anything else and there are ways to do it safely. Well, tell that to this guy. Can anyone here tell me what he did wrong? I sure as hell don't see it. It is NOT like anything else. If you take a few too many dbol tabs, it won't kill you. Take a little too much insulin though and it will kill you deader than a hammer. Even if the acute toxicity doesn't get you, chronic use will slowly make you insulin resistant and over the years, you may end up a diabetic. Insulin is toxic to your pancreas.

Ask yourself if a few extra pounds is worth even a small risk of turning yourself into a diabetic or killing yourself outright. If it is, you are a fool. It isn't for me. I will stick with a few AAS from time to time and a good training regimen and diet and grow just fine.
      Dude where the fuck do you get off calling somebody who uses insulin a fool? you have a right to voice your opinion but dont call me and others a fool because we do it right. Who knows what this kid did wrong but he did do something wrong because this does not happen to people who do it right. So fuck you!
      life is _____?

life is hitting a guy so hard that he forgets his own name and remembers yours forever!

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by football54
      Dude where the fuck do you get off calling somebody who uses insulin a fool? you have a right to voice your opinion but dont call me and others a fool because we do it right. Who knows what this kid did wrong but he did do something wrong because this does not happen to people who do it right. So fuck you!
      well said! I read this today before working out. After my 10 iu post workout inj, this story started fukin with me to the point i was getting hypo in my head! I hate reading shit like this ,because it makes me paranoid to the point i feel symptoms.LoL.
      Who knows what went wrong here. I feel i do everything right, and hope this never happens to me!

Governor is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 217
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

damn that is a pretty crazy story.
      "Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."
      - Joseph Stalin

Power perceived is power achieved.

Unless you are the lead dog, the view never changes.

benw
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

BullFX, although Ive never heard of anyone doing this, do you think you could of shot the insulin into a vein or artery? You said that you shot it IM, and I think that shooting it that way would increase the chance of shooting it in a vein or artery as opposed to sub-ct.

AnotherUser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

The dude did something wrong. Besides, even if he was going hypo, there is NO WAY he needed as many grams of carbs as he consumed to get his blood sugar back up, regardless of if he hit a vein or not. It may have been due to something other than the slin.

Governor is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 217
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by AnotherUser
      The dude did something wrong. Besides, even if he was going hypo, there is NO WAY he needed as many grams of carbs as he consumed to get his blood sugar back up, regardless of if he hit a vein or not. It may have been due to something other than the slin.
      he may of had a stomach bug and wasnt absorbing stuff....

but does it really matter?

He did everything right, the point was shit can still happen even if everything IS done right.
      "Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."
      - Joseph Stalin

Power perceived is power achieved.

Unless you are the lead dog, the view never changes.

BullFX
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by benw
      BullFX, although Ive never heard of anyone doing this, do you think you could of shot the insulin into a vein or artery? You said that you shot it IM, and I think that shooting it that way would increase the chance of shooting it in a vein or artery as opposed to sub-ct.
      bro it wasnt me who did it.. it was some other dude i just copy pasted his writing...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)

• Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      • Insulin(MUST READ!!!)
      Originally posted by Governor
      he may of had a stomach bug and wasnt absorbing stuff....

but does it really matter?

He did everything right, the point was shit can still happen even if everything IS done right.
      He must have done somthing wrong because he said he ate all that carbs and sugar then he should have felt fine. His body must have reacted wrong or he forgot how to read the pin and gave himself 30iu instead of 10. I have taken 10 iu and only eaten just alittle over 100g of carbs within the four hours after and felt fine. I dont know what went wrong but I think there is some of the story that this guy is leaving out
      life is _____?