• Join Us!
  • Who has screwed up their Thyroid with T3
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has screwed up their Thyroid with T3

AceDaBoss
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Who has screwed up their Thyroid with T3

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Anybody know somebody or themselves that have permanently scred up their thyroif by abusing T3 for too long or too much?

I know this is possible but several of you are using T3 right now and if you weren't aware I didn't mean to scare you. I am considering using T3 also and wanted some feedback. How can this happen and how to avoid it. Is it because of too high dosages or too long of a duration?

YellowJacket is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 428
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Maybe this will help...... from Nandi..

LONG TERM USE OF T3 WILL ULTIMATELY DAMAGE YOUR THYROID

This notion was dispensed with in Mind & Muscle #10. Here is a brief recap of the relevant findings.

The first study that looked at thyroid function and recovery under the influence of exogenous thyroid hormone was undertaken by Greer (7). He looked at patients who were misdiagnosed as being hypothyroid and put on thyroid hormone replacement for as long as 30 years. When the medication was withdrawn, their thyroids quickly returned to normal.

Here is a remark about Greer's classic paper from a later author:

"In 1951, Greer reported the pattern of recovery of thyroid function after stopping suppressive treatment with thyroid hormone in euthyroid [normal] subjects based on sequential measurements of their thyroidal uptake of radioiodine. He observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days" (8)

These results have been subsequently verified in several studies (8,9) and a large number of trials where T3 was used to treat obesity. So, contrary to what has been stated in the bodybuilding literature, there is no evidence that long-term thyroid supplementation will somehow damage your thyroid gland.

(8) Vagenakis AG, Braverman LE, Azizi F, Portinay GI, Ingbar SH. N Engl J Med 1975 Oct 2;293(14):681-4

(9) Krugman LG, Hershman JM, Chopra IJ, Levine GA, Pekary E, Geffner DL, Chua Teco GN J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1975 Jul;41(1):70-80

prolangtum is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 239
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Damn wasp, u beat me to it
      I eat at least 6 times a day to build my body
      I pray at least 6 times a day to build my soul

AceDaBoss
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by Crankin'steiN
      I have seen other articles that debate this fact too. But you have to admit, that when it comes to the human body, it does make sense that long term use of T3 would suppress natural thyroid levels.... Because our body knows what levels of everything we should have, and it is very precise.... For instance, when we take test, what happens... Our body notices that we have too much test, and slows down or stops production.... This is the way our body was designed....

All in All, I say its better to be safe then sorry... (My mommy taught me that...) So I taper anyway, and don't use T3 for longer then 6 weeks...

*I originally posted this reply to the same article on another
      board.

Go Ahead Pro... Say your piece..... I think we have had this discussion before....

I understand your what you are talking about and I posted this because of an article I read 2 days ago. In summary this is what it said:

"One popular fitness champion (female) who used T3 to get in shape for a national contest (which she won) ballooned up to 185 lbs (she won the contest at 123 lbs) and no matter what she has tried since can't get her weight back down. Her thyroid gland is so screwed up that even going back on T3 hasn't mitigated the problem. The champ ended her career by screwing around with this stuff."

The question is: Is she just one unlucky individual? Or is this more common then anybody hopes. I guess we need some more feedback from people who have used T3 on and off a few times and see how they personally have responded when stopping T3.

Big Moose
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I also believe it is more likely for females to encounter thyroid problems than it is in males

buyb12
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

the thyroid rebounds very quickly ....t4 is a good kick start if your having problems rebounding

AnotherUser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Sure natural T3 production is suppressed, WHILE YOUR ON T3. It definately rebounds quickly. I used T3 for about 10 weeks straight with no problems.

That's a complete bullshit story about the girl. If T3 screwed up her thyroid, why wouldn't taking T3 counteract this? That's retarded. Why do you think T3 is manufactured in the first place? To help people with screwed up thyroids. If you have that big of a problem or doubt yourself THAT much, don't take it. I wouldn't ever taking something I thought was going to screw my health up.

DragonRider
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by AceDaBoss
      I understand your what you are talking about and I posted this because of an article I read 2 days ago. In summary this is what it said:

"One popular fitness champion (female) who used T3 to get in shape for a national contest (which she won) ballooned up to 185 lbs (she won the contest at 123 lbs) and no matter what she has tried since can't get her weight back down. Her thyroid gland is so screwed up that even going back on T3 hasn't mitigated the problem. The champ ended her career by screwing around with this stuff."

The question is: Is she just one unlucky individual? Or is this more common then anybody hopes. I guess we need some more feedback from people who have used T3 on and off a few times and see how they personally have responded when stopping T3.
      There are alot more confessions from fitness competitors who are on T3 for a year or more and have no problems recovering after coming off.

DragonRider
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by Crankin'steiN
      I have seen other articles that debate this fact too. But you have to admit, that when it comes to the human body, it does make sense that long term use of T3 would suppress natural thyroid levels.... Because our body knows what levels of everything we should have, and it is very precise.... For instance, when we take test, what happens... Our body notices that we have too much test, and slows down or stops production.... This is the way our body was designed....
      Good Point...but what happens when you come off of test? The body immediately goes back in to production mode. True it takes longer for some than others to recover, but your body does try to recover.

prolangtum is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 239
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I know this guy, who has this sister, whos dog bit this guy who was friends with.......that took T3 for 6 weeks then shut down his thyroid.

I eat at least 6 times a day to build my body
      I pray at least 6 times a day to build my soul

BigD
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I took it at 75mcg/day, then 84mcg/day(liquid) for a month, got down to 6% bodyfat, and stopped cold turkey. A week later, I'm fine. Permament thyroid shutdown is basically impossible. I'll add myself on that bet going around that pays if anyone can prove otherwise

Rhapsody is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 64
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by buyb12
      the thyroid rebounds very quickly ....t4 is a good kick start if your having problems rebounding

why is this, sweety??
      RhapsodyInBlue
      ThE CAtS MEoW

'no one else ever came close'

Mod@AnabolicUniverse.com

Mod@Anabolic-Support.com

Proud Member of AnabolicMinds.Com

Rhapsody@keptprivate.com

AnotherUser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

yeah, seems like exogeneous T4 would inhibit natural production

BigD
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

T4 converts to T3, take a small T4 dose, it brings your bodies levels back up to normal without the body sensing exogenous T3 administration. Only a guess

buyb12
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Hi sexy didn't think I 'd run in to you here. thought "I'd see you at home ........( intended for RHap )

I'm hypo so I've been on t4 for ten years...t4 stimulates the production of t3.....the best thing for stimulation of the thyroid is iodine ......

The body depends on the thyroid to metabolize proteins.....for energy...If you don't rebound you will know it. When my thyroid kicked off I went from running 5 miles a day to . sleeping 16 hours a day with no energy. things get real crazy if your thyroid isn't right. I didn't know if things were happening when I was asleep or awake.I have never had the energy I had before at any level. Short term memory gone ....what who...huh.....HA ha