• Join Us!
  • Low blood pressure. Any ways to combat this?
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Low blood pressure. Any ways to combat this?

Mike P.T. is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 283
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Low blood pressure. Any ways to combat this?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

My girl has low blood pressure and I'm assuming maybe it's because she is not producing enough red blood cells? I was thinking that along with the vitamins she takes she should consume more lean red meat in her diet because she hardly does. Red meat contains a good amount of iron and b vitamins essential for blood production. Any ideas?
      Being defeated is sometimes only a temporary condition. Giving up, makes it permanent......

It takes alot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there's no real security in what's no longer meaningful. There's more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life and in change there is power......

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step......

Pain is weakness leaving the body......

"When it comes to trusting people the only thing I know is that I don't know......"

"Fuck what everyone else thinks. Follow your own way and only then will you have the potential to lead to greatness......"

"Aim for perfection because even though it will never be achieved, the constant pursuit keeps us from settling and always makes us strive for more......"

muscleup
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

It may sound stupid but she could increase her sodium which will in return make her hold water and her blood pressure will more than likely raise from this...But read meat will also help...along with several other things...

Crack
      crystal meth
      smoking
      obesity
      Hell ...even better if she sees me then she most def will get hot then....J/k

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by muscleup
      It may sound stupid but she could increase her sodium which will in return make her hold water and her blood pressure will more than likely raise from this...But read meat will also help...along with several other things...

Crack
      crystal meth
      smoking
      obesity
      Hell ...even better if she sees me then she most def will get hot then....J/k
      Bro I said "help" with her blood pressure not send her to her grave, and I'm not talking about the drugs either I'm talking about when she sees your bulked up ass!!! :p Plus, I'm too goodlooking already get your own meat ya hear! All kidding aside I guess the red meat thing should help. What about b-12 shots? Doctors give that to anemics. Shit this sucks I mean her energy levels are fine and all she says. I dunno. More red meat it is!
      Being defeated is sometimes only a temporary condition. Giving up, makes it permanent......

It takes alot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there's no real security in what's no longer meaningful. There's more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life and in change there is power......

"When it comes to trusting people the only thing I know is that I don't know......"

"Fuck what everyone else thinks. Follow your own way and only then will you have the potential to lead to greatness......"

"Aim for perfection because even though it will never be achieved, the constant pursuit keeps us from settling and always makes us strive for more......"

Disposable_Hero
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Put her on drol & test.

If your really interested in her health I suggest you look around on some medical websites/discussion boards they will know more about this kind of thing than most of us or make an appointment with a doctor.

D_H

newgirl
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I am glad you have been taken seriously.

B12 shots will not help her blood pressure. Firstly how low is low? How old is she, what is her blood pressure, how tall is she, how much does she way? Is she fit or not fit...I do not mean cardio bunny, I mean muscular or not.

Sodium in take is a good way to artificially elevate it but with potassium, it will most likely not work long term. I would get her some potassium supplements (some stores sell it as Vit K -- years ago it was rx for Slo-K a potassium supplement). If supplementing with potassium does not work and upping salt intake, I would say she should increase her lifting schedule.

Lifting will cause her red blood cells to multiply thus increasing the blood volume.

BUT...I would say that her stats and questions I asked above are a good starting point. And when was the last time she went for a full physical? I have VERY LOW blood pressure, especiallly for a 42 year old -- and while on cycle it was only 100/60 -- which for me was high. Generally I am about 90/70 or 90/60. While pregnant, it fell to 80/60 and at times 70/40 and only then did I feel dizzy at times but not tired (and I was 8 months pregant!).

Gimme some answers and in the mean time, I am gonna call my resident guru (sister is a physicians assistant).

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by newgirl
      I am glad you have been taken seriously.

B12 shots will not help her blood pressure. Firstly how low is low? How old is she, what is her blood pressure, how tall is she, how much does she way? Is she fit or not fit...I do not mean cardio bunny, I mean muscular or not.

Sodium in take is a good way to artificially elevate it but with potassium, it will most likely not work long term. I would get her some potassium supplements (some stores sell it as Vit K -- years ago it was rx for Slo-K a potassium supplement). If supplementing with potassium does not work and upping salt intake, I would say she should increase her lifting schedule.

Lifting will cause her red blood cells to multiply thus increasing the blood volume.

BUT...I would say that her stats and questions I asked above are a good starting point. And when was the last time she went for a full physical? I have VERY LOW blood pressure, especiallly for a 42 year old -- and while on cycle it was only 100/60 -- which for me was high. Generally I am about 90/70 or 90/60. While pregnant, it fell to 80/60 and at times 70/40 and only then did I feel dizzy at times but not tired (and I was 8 months pregant!).

Gimme some answers and in the mean time, I am gonna call my resident guru (sister is a physicians assistant).
      Thx hun she is 38 almost 39 years old. She is 5'5 1/2 125 toned pounds. Size 2-3 full b u get the picture she's in good shape. She does cardio but definately hits her weights as well. Takes her vitamins too. She has been telling me that she hasn't been eating much lately. Plus she is stressing alot about her mom in the hospital and her brother as well. Her mom is really sick and her brother has brain cancer. She'll be fine I hope.

I found this so vitamins and the stress as well as insufficient eating is the cause. Thanks for the help.

Low blood Pressure:

Low blood pressure or hypotension refers to the fall in blood pressure below normal. It is a condition in which the action of the heart, in forcing the blood through the arteries, is weak. This may be a direct outcome of a weakened and devitalized system. While the normal limits are defined by the World Health Organisation as 140 mm / gh systolic and 90 mm/gh diastolic, it has now been reduced to 120 mm/gh systolic and 80 mm/gh diastolic in the US. Anything above that is high blood pressure or hypertension. Anything below is the low blood pressure.

Symptoms:

The patient with chronic low blood pressure may complain of lethargy, weakness, fatigue, and dizziness. The patient may faint, especially if arterial pressure is lowered further when he assumes an erect position. These symptoms are presumably due to a decrease in perfusion of blood to brain, heart, skeletal muscle and other organs.

Root causes:

The most important cause of low blood pressure is faulty nutrition .It makes the tissues forming the walls of the blood vessels over relaxed, and flabby or stretched. This results in less supply of oxygen and nutrients to the tissues. Malnutrition can result from a diet deficient in calories, proteins, vitamin C, or almost any one of he B vitamins.

Sometimes the blood pressure falls rapidly because of loss of blood. Low blood pressure may also develop gradually because of slow bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, or bladder. Emotional problems are a far more frequent cause of low blood pressure. To a laser degree, prolonged disappointments and frustration may result in a subnormal blood pressure.

newgirl
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Mike -- stress plays a HUGE roll in blood pressure changes. My sister the dear thing, dropped everything and read me a few passages...and I searched webmd as well.....the same treatment:

salt, potassium increases, eating MORE often and of higher volume, increasing fluid intake dramatically helps.

BUT MIKE...5'5 1/2 and only 125 pounds is light.....especially if she has muscle. She is most likely not eating enough. Concurrently, the stress ITSELF of the tramautic situations she is bearing is making her tired as well.

If her bp is 90/70 or thereabouts, there is no direct cause for concern...but my expert told me that diet, fluid intake, potassium and sodium are the short term fixes... and increased exercise overall will help the blood get moving in a more efficient way.

Please keep me posted as to how she is doing and if she feels any better.

My prayers are with her and her loved ones.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Thx. It's a tough time but you always have to keep a positive attitude and not dwell on the negative. It's good I'm around cuz I'm a complete clown enough times. I mean I'm serious when serious times call for it but I always try to make any situation a positive one. You got to you know.

newgirl
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by Mike P.T.
      Thx. It's a tough time but you always have to keep a positive attitude and not dwell on the negative. It's good I'm around cuz I'm a complete clown enough times. I mean I'm serious when serious times call for it but I always try to make any situation a positive one. You got to you know.

My husband is the same way...and how lucky she is that you are there for her, looking out for her and supporting her. Most people (guys or gals) run when the going gets tough. Good for you and even better for her!

StoneColdNTO is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 97
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

How is low blood pressure treated?

Treatment depends almost entirely on the underlying cause(s) of low blood pressure. In some cases, a physician may prescribe medication either to raise the blood pressure or to prevent the heart from slowing down. Sometimes, an increase in salt intake may be prescribed as well. Some medications may be prescribed to raise blood pressure by increasing sodium retention and absorption. Beta blockers may also be prescribed to treat neurogenic orthostatic hypotension.

Sometimes treatment is not necessary because the kidneys are able to naturally balance low blood pressure by excreting more water into the system to increase the volume (and therefore the force) of blood moving through the arteries. However, this self-regulating system is not foolproof — speeding up the levels of water excretion may ultimately end up worsening the condition it was trying to fix. People are encouraged to speak to their physician if they have had either low blood pressure readings or symptoms of hypotension.
      SC..............................Never Too Old

https://Steroidology.com

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it
      permanent.

darmadoc
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

The vast majority of people with "low blood pressure" need no treatment. They go through life just fine; and they are likely at lower risk for heart disease, stroke. Unless she is fainting when she stands up, or lightheaded all the time, she probably needs no treatment at all. If she ain't broke, don't try to fix her!

habs is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 341
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

My mom and my sister both have low pressure. It is not much a problem. With what she does (what you posted), her health isn't under danger.