• Join Us!
  • Keto diet not working?????
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Keto diet not working?????

AceDaBoss
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Keto diet not working?????

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Allright I am getting pissed. I have been cutting my carbs to 15 daily no more than 20. I am in Ketosis confirmed by the sticks. But I have stopped dropping BF and also scale weight. Do I have to buckle down and get some T3 and clen? I thought I could do it without, and just being extra careful on my diet. Drinking Whey shakes and various Essential Fatty acids oils. Flax, olive, sunflower, borage etc. What is going on here? I am pissed.

Could it be the medication? I take an opiate based PK for back problems (prescription) Can the opiates affect the ability to lose fat like some other meds out there? For example I know NSAID"S can affect your ability to lose BF. I don't know what else it could be. I am hitting the cardio 4 times a week moderate intensity 35-40 minutes and also including Hydroxycut with some yohimbe. I am really getting pissed. I am stuck at 14%-15% Bf where do I go from here?

tcnew2
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Could be your taking in to many calories.

I had a friend that thought eating 8 bratwursts for dinner with out the buns was a good way to lose weight. He's fat and dumb though.

Post your diet.

I don't know about the medication, perhaps ask your doctor.

AceDaBoss
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Doctor didn't have a clue. He weighs about 350. If anything I am eating too few calories but positively NOT TOO MANY. I just decided to do a carb up to shock my system. I am pissed. I lost 6 pounds in 42 days. I can't tell you how mad I am. I set a goal date of July 4 and it looks like it is not going to happen. For some reason I can never drop body fat and then I just give up and quit after 3 months. I once followed a diet of Six Myoplex deluxe shakes a day and vegetables for fiber with an ECA stack first thing in the morning and 30 min cardio 4 days a week. Something is wrong here. I got my thyroid tested and it was normal. I am only at 15 % BF and no matter what I can't get it lower. I thought the Keto diet of 30 % Protein 70 % fat would have to do it (keeping carbs to 15 -20 per day) WTF I AM MAD AS HELL!!!!!!

CubanJuice
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

That's an ez one. Drop the ECA and you'll start loosing the pounds. Been on the keto myslef for almost 2 mths and lost 12lbs already (no caffeine in my diet). If not the eca then you're getting carbs from somewhere. Even in keto you should be below your maintenance cal intake...

AceDaBoss
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by CubanJuice
      That's an ez one. Drop the ECA and you'll start loosing the pounds. Been on the keto myslef for almost 2 mths and lost 12lbs already (no caffeine in my diet). If not the eca then you're getting carbs from somewhere. Even in keto you should be below your maintenance cal intake...

Drop the caffeine really? Is that my problem? I really hope so? What is the reasoning behind this? I figured the hydroxycut would help. I am only using a little bit. Well 4 capsules before I train (morning cardio) I will give it a shot though. Thanks bro

AceDaBoss
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

By the way I must be in Keto because i am getting a reading on my sticks. Light pink, rarely dark pink light purple. I really have been watching my carbs so I don't think it is that. Especially because I am getting a reading on the Keto sticks.

prolangtum is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 239
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i believe keto leads to muscle loss IMO, maybe your losing muscle and slowing down metabolsim
      I eat at least 6 times a day to build my body
      I pray at least 6 times a day to build my soul

AceDaBoss
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Originally posted by prolangtum
      i believe keto leads to muscle loss IMO, maybe your losing muscle and slowing down metabolsim
      I thought keto was a muscle sparing diet? I believe i read it is very hard to gain any more muscle if you do not do a carb-up day once a week or so. But you really won't lose any muscle that you have on the keto diet because you will be predominantly burning and using FAT for energy. Am i wrong?