• Join Us!
  • Is mid cycle weight drops normal?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is mid cycle weight drops normal?

justforfun000
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Is mid cycle weight drops normal?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

First of all I have done 3 cycles, on my fourth now. First cycle was the best. Shot up easy on only 200 mgs of test cyp/week, and 200 mg of Deca/week. Ended up with 22 lbs or so. My next two cycles were kind of a bust, but from what I understand I didn't wait long enough between them.

So this time gave four and a half months rest. On again. 500 mgs/test a week, 400 mgs Equipoise.

I started off the cycle with D-bol, 35 mgs a day. Had a week with just that, and then started the rest. Continued with D-bol for two more weeks.

So anyway, I went up about 10 pounds in the first two weeks. I guess that would have to be the D-bol. After stopping the D-bol, my weight went down a few pounds in a week, went up one pound next week and same this week. Basically though, nothing gained ABOVE what I had after the two weeks.

So I've been essentially stagnant for 3 weeks. It DOES seem like this week I'm noticing a serious pump and a lot of hardness. Maybe that's the Equipoise. Hopefully it will bump up the size. Seems like my body just doesn't want to jump up those extra pounds.

I have 6 weeks left. I hope you see most of the results in the last half of the cycle.....

whitetail is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 413
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

From everything ive read the next 6 weeks should be awesome.

If this is a bulking cycle, which i assume it is maybe you should look at your diet more than the drugs. Even if your not on juice and bulking you should still be gaining weight if your eating right.

kane.d3 is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 187
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

your initial gains are waterweight, the loss of weight is probably fat being burned, eat more.
      kane.d3@hushmail.com

My other ride is your *****.

Fat girls are like mopeds, they're fun till your friends see you on them.

justforfun000
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I try, I try. :-)
      I'm a natural ectomorph, so I burn off food so fast. I try to eat every 2 to 3 hours, and always a heavy snack of some sort before I go to bed. *sigh*. I think I would have to stuff myself with 6000 calories a day to really push the gains but I just can't make myself eat that much. I'd really start hating food.

Even if you managed to stick to that, is it really going to make a difference once you are finished your cycle? Once you go back to eating normally, aren't you just going to shrink again?

When I do overeat it just bloats me anyway, and surely to God there is only so much your system can take at one time. Is it possible we would only grow what we would grow regardless of how much calories we ate? We all want muscle of course, not fat. Maybe after the OPTIMAL amount is reached anything more is just superfluous.

Ah well. Who knows.

BiggerStronger
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

That should be normal eating bro....unless you're cutting up then drop it down some.

Suggestion: Keep a log of your daily diet and make sure you're eating at least 4k cal per day. 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat

justforfun000
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I think I tend to eat higher protein and higher fat with less carbs. My natural tastes run that way.

Used to be I almost never ate bread, pasta, pastries, potatoes, etc. Just didn't crave them the same way. My system doesn't like carbs as much either. I could eat an 18 ounce steak and run around the block. Give me a plate of spaghetti and my stomach is bloated and I want to sleep for a week. :-)

However I have made it a point to eat more carbs. I'm guessing though that my diet is probably closer to 65% protein 25% fat and 10% carbs.

football54 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by justforfun000
      I try, I try. :-)
      I'm a natural ectomorph, so I burn off food so fast. I try to eat every 2 to 3 hours, and always a heavy snack of some sort before I go to bed. *sigh*. I think I would have to stuff myself with 6000 calories a day to really push the gains but I just can't make myself eat that much. I'd really start hating food.

Even if you managed to stick to that, is it really going to make a difference once you are finished your cycle? Once you go back to eating normally, aren't you just going to shrink again?

When I do overeat it just bloats me anyway, and surely to God there is only so much your system can take at one time. Is it possible we would only grow what we would grow regardless of how much calories we ate? We all want muscle of course, not fat. Maybe after the OPTIMAL amount is reached anything more is just superfluous.

Ah well. Who knows.

dude a lot of people know. you should be eating min of 5000cal a day. the best way to do that? drink 3 high cal shakes a day. eat a meal with each shake. If each shake is about 1000cal then thats 3000 and eat a meal with each is another 2000cal then your at 5000. eat more=grow more. Drugs are not going to do everything for you. that is the sterotype and its bullshit. You have to work. When it hurts to eat that much thats good because you are stretching out your stomach and the next time you can eat more. If you dont feel like eating that much then you should question yourself to see if you realy do want to gain any weight. Not to falme but you cant blame anybody or anything but yourself.
      life is _____?

life is hitting a guy so hard that he forgets his own name and remembers yours forever!
      FOOTBALL IS LIFE SO LIVE IT UP!

justforfun000
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Ok. Explain to me the methodology of how you keep anything permanent regarding the extra calories after the cycle is over and you return to normal eating. At 5000 calories a day, I venture to say that most of what you would put on is fat. How is that going to benefit? I'm sure you are well aware that fat does NOT turn to muscle as the old myth went.

I just want to see a well explained and SUPPORTED rationale behind the necessity to eat until you are sick. I am eating heavy, and certainly more than normal, but I want to know I'm not wasting my time by overdoing it.

Personally I hate shakes, and the other thing I have a serious problem with is the fact that they are full of sugar. That is definitely not something I want to be piling into my body in such a high amount. Most people are simply not aware of how harmful sugar is. One study showed that a teaspoon depressed components of people's immune system for up to six hours by 50%. I wonder if that's why so many people I know on cycles seem to get sick a lot. (I never have).

In any case, I think this part of the issue should be laid out very carefully because I question the extremism of it. Yes the steroids help you greatly increase your anabolism, and your recuperative abilities are also enhanced, but as you said drugs are not going to do everything for you. I'm questioning whether you are ascribing too much faith in overeating. :-)

In any case your own reaction to the steroids is certainly the biggest factor because on my first cycle which was relatively small, I shot up very quickly and I'm ashamed to say was NOT doing anything special regarding diet. I was in the gym only 3 times a week as well. Worked out hard mind you but I still could have been a lot more diligent. This time around I'm hitting the iron really hard, getting lots of extra rest and eating more than usual, so I guess the next few weeks will tell the story.

Scottexercise is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 293
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I can relate, you are a hard gainer so your weight will fluctuate. your estrogen test ratio will change a lot durring your cycle so you will experience bw changes again. I agree w/kane in that your bodyfat will drop so you may feel like you are gaining but you are. I usually up my protien if I don't feel like I'm gaining enough muscle for what I am taking. Protien shakes are great for that, and I know you don't like all that sugar so use Designer or100% whey and it won't mess your sugar level.

justforfun000
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

How much is it going to hurt me by not having 40% carbs? Are they really that important in anyone's opinion? I can always up them if I have to by adding something at every meal, it's just a little harder because I've food-combined for about 15 years. Not FANATIC about it, but I generally try to never mix protein and starches, or starches and sweets. Believe me, I notice the difference big time when I break the rule. My stomach doesn't care for it very much, but I can get away with smaller amounts mixed.

Anyone know how long protein is active in your system after eating? Curious as to the "window" of opportunity for your body, especially if you eat and end up going to the gym an hour or two after and have no time to throw more food in you yet. Is it still enough half life for fuel?

BiggerStronger
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

You don't necessarily need 40% carbs but not having any carbs in your diet is going to make it a little harder to gain weight. Carbs give you energy and also help to put on mass a great deal.

Have you made a diet log yet???...probably not, as most people don't like to spend the time to figure out the problem is before getting answers. That's the best suggestion I have for you...

50% protein 30%carbs and 20% fat is fine too, but at the minimum you should be eating at least 30% carbs. Usually higher protein / low carb diets are used primarily for cutting and a higher carb diet is good for bulking.