• Join Us!
  • Tendon Strength
  • Tendon Strength
  • Tendon Strength
  • Tendon Strength
  • Tendon Strength
  • Tendon Strength
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tendon Strength

TheShredder is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 133
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Question Tendon Strength

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength

• Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength
      Hey here is a topic I haven't read much about. Just wondering what is the best thing to take to strenghten your tendons? Cause while on AAS you gain all the muscle mass and strength and your tendons don't have time to catch up, and that makes then susceptible to injury.

Manic Behavior is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 154
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'll bump for this cuz whenever I start lifting really heavy, my tendonitis flares up. Try glucosamine/msm/chondroiten. I don't know if these will strenghten tendons, but they always seem to work well for me for tendonitis.
      Disclaimer: Manic Behavior is not a real person, he is only a figment of your imagination. This post is not even real.

Do NOT mess with a suburbanite, cuz we're just not going to take it anymore.

manicbehavior@cyber-rights.net

chicamahomico
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Static hold training like bench and deadlift lockouts and plyometrics rock for strengthening tendons. Whenever I am trying to up my 1rep max I will train the lift at different points in the range of motion( statically ) and do some plyometric assistance exercises.

swolegreaser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

There's no magic pill you can take to make tendons stronger. Maybe some growth hormone. One of the many benefits GH has to offer is the strength of the tendons/joints.
      When you do cycle after cycle there is a great strength increase, and sometimes the tendons don't catch up, there lies problem. When the muscle gets stronger than the tendon thats when there's a risk of a serious injury i.e reputue of any tendons. Thats not a good thing, rehab usually lasts approx. 6-12 months to recover. No matter what, and I know sometimes we all feel like superman while on AS, you have to patiant with the strength increase and not try to the gym around, because if you start doin that without warming up and the tendon is already lagging, your gonna tear a tendon that will leave you in agonizing pain.

If you can, use heat before your workout i.e a hot rag or ben-gay, always do a at least a 20min. cardio warmup, stretch out really well, then if you can on any sore tendons use ice after you are done working out.
      If any problems occur on the tendons/joints try some MSM/G/CH, and/or an antiinflammatory like ibuprofen.
      My point, do not let your muscle take over your tendons in strength, be patiant with the increase and you will be fine.

TheShredder is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 133
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

How Long does it take for the Tendons to catch up to the rapid muscle growth.

PL456 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 143
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Good point, swole..Bottom line guys, tendons have poor blood supply, and they take a lot of time to adjust--when you add gear, as swole said, you get strong too fast. Oh, and dont forget about the heart muscle and circulatory system. It takes time to adjust as well to extra loads being placed on it. The heart will try and pump out the blood to catch up, but the vessels need time to adjust as well. True this is prob not a really pressing, immediate issue, but could be a more moderate to long-term concern if youre really heavy into it.
      -----+++DrugFree4Life+++-----

swolegreaser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

If your bench is 315 for a max rep, after doing a cycle it will certainly increase with strength. Now after 3 weeks you feel like superman and try 400 and lets say you get it. The next week you might train heaver and heaver, thats when the tendons are like holy shit I can't keep up. So my point like I said be patiant, if you do a cycle and you max out at 345 thats fine, just gradually increase weight as you go, but GRADUALLY not all of a sudden, or else you might not feel it after a year, but before you know it one of the tendons will reputure and you'll be fucked, so be patiant.

darmadoc
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength

• Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength
      • Tendon Strength
      Having lived the exact scenario swolegreaser just described, I second his recomendations, Gradual is the key word.