• Join Us!
  • Joint-Space Pain Coming Soon - treatments?
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Joint-Space Pain Coming Soon - treatments?

blkturbo
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Joint-Space Pain Coming Soon - treatments?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I'm about to get back into my gym routine full force again......before I took my time off, I created some pain in my shoulder joint from neing on and going heavy with dumbell presses and shoulder movements etc.
      Well, thats the first of when the pain has ever occured and I can still feel it in there when I rotate my arm. So, I know the shit's gonna kick up again when I jump back in........what can be done to keep pain to a minimum when Im back on the weights next week?
      I figure many of guys may have experienced this so Im wondering how it's best dealt with. It can really be painful when on dumbells, cables etc and it's really tough to work through if at all

Thanks!

Paperboy is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 205
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Deca and glucosamine help with joint pain.

Joint Pain
      Several athletes, bodybuilders, weightlifters and people in general experience joint pain. Arthritis or painful joints often limit not only exercise, but daily activities. Many have found relief from troublesome joint pain by taking glucosamine. Joint Support has glucosamine which helps in alleviating joint pain and stiffness. Joint Support is an advanced cartilage and joint support system created by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale. Joint Support is a premier formulation for supporting cartilage and joint function. Joint Support is the perfect solution for maintaining healthy joints and dealing with minor ache experienced after exercise. Joint Support with glucosamine can help reduce the pain and swelling associated with arthritis or wear-and-tear joint problems.

Cyroblast is a topical intensive pain therapy spray for professional use. Cryoblast contains Capsicum Extract. Capsicum is an extract of the cayenne pepper. This capsicum spray can be used for relief of neck and back pain, and sports injuries. Capsicum can also be used to treat fibromyalgia, migraine and cluster headaches, pain associated with the sciatic nerve, shingles, sickle cell anemia, and for abdominal cramping associated with PMS and endomitriosis.

Also supplementing with Amino Acids may give rise to a quick amino acid peak in muscle, the liver and blood that may dramatically increase protein synthesis in the short term. Amino is formulated for quick absorption and utilization and to maximize protein synthesis. Amino is the perfect supplement to take immediately after training since it may provide an immediate anabolic effect with a minimum of gastrointestinal distress.

blkturbo
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

paperboy:

you a Dr. or what?

Aside from the deca (which Im thinking of ), where can that other stuff be bought? Is that over-the-counter stuff?

Thanks

bigfatty
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

train the rear delts heavy and hard to prevent muscle imbalance, worked great for me but took a couple of months and have not had a problem since.

bowbow is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Glucosamine is over the counter. I get mine at gnc, It's glucosamine/chondroitin $17.99 before discount. works well.
      Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

BStrongBwell
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default are you sure it's the joint???

...because it sounds to me like you have some minor ligament damage... yes, the ligaments in the should are called the rotator cuff! Same happended to me and I continued training. Now I have some significant damage (only an MRI can diagnose this properly) that will require surgery to repair. I'd go see a doc and get an MRI so you can be sure of the source of pain. If it's the joint, you've already got some good advice above. If it's the delt, go a bit lighter or rest until the muscle heals. if it's rotator cuff, you'll need either time off to naturally repair minor tears, or surgery to repair major tears. If you don't know what it is, you might take a path that will end up in surgery and LOTS of down time.

BStrongBwell
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Oh, one other thing on the glucosamine/chondroitin combo... A friend of the family nearly died from prostate cancer last year. He's in his 40's and had been doing prostate checks every year. At some point he started taking that combo for joint pain. The docs said his cancer was sped-up by that herbal combo somehow. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but just something to consider if you're one of those over 40 guys with trouble peeing.

muscle_n_blood is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 373
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: are you sure it's the joint???

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Originally posted by BStrongBwell
      ...because it sounds to me like you have some minor ligament damage... yes, the ligaments in the should are called the rotator cuff! Same happended to me and I continued training. Now I have some significant damage (only an MRI can diagnose this properly) that will require surgery to repair. I'd go see a doc and get an MRI so you can be sure of the source of pain. If it's the joint, you've already got some good advice above. If it's the delt, go a bit lighter or rest until the muscle heals. if it's rotator cuff, you'll need either time off to naturally repair minor tears, or surgery to repair major tears. If you don't know what it is, you might take a path that will end up in surgery and LOTS of down time.
      I'm all over this one. Been there. Done that. I worked around a shoulder injury for months, taking all kinds of over the counter stuff and even getting a cortisone shot which helped a lot....for a week. Finally, I was doing incline bench and it tore comp[letely, leaving my arm hanging useless at my side...couldn't even shift gears in my car. Surgery, 3 months out of action, 3 more months of light rehab, took about 18 months to get back to 100 %. good news is, it did recover completely, but what a pain. get it checked out now...If it is rotator cuff, it can heal, or be repaired arthroscopically rather than having the shoulder opened and completely rebuilt like i did. good luck...
      There is no substitute for experience......