• Join Us!
  • accutane/gear (and blood test for accutane)
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: accutane/gear (and blood test for accutane)

popa is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 120
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default accutane/gear (and blood test for accutane)

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I'm going to go on accutane while on a cycle, when I go and get my blood test done at the clinic what will they see? will they see something in my blood and tell my doc to cut me of the accutane. My cycle will contain test(s) and dbol and will also so be on creatine at the same time. (I know they check for creatine levels I've seen the box checked on the paper work)

jack hust
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

they are more than likley checking your hdl/ldl because acc. will have a negitive effect on both if you are on cycle now your hdl/ldl might allready be messed up so they may not let you stay on the acc as far as them seeing the dbol or test i do not think so that is a very specific test and i dought they are testing your hormone levels just ldl-hdl and may thyroid

newgirl
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

As far as I am concerned, if you are on cycle you should NOT do accutane. Accutane is EXTREMELY liver toxic which is why they test you first -- and then every few weeks, before you are written a new Rx, they test you again to see how well your body tolerates it.

So, compromisng your body with additional test and dbol....then accutane -- you are just asking for disaster to strike.

Moreover, taking accutane while on cycle, sounds like a waste. Your cycle is going to produce acne and the accutane will stop what is there NATURALLY but not necessarily the added oomph a cycle brings. I would wait until your cycle is over....not just wasting good accutane and having to hit a higher dose for longer periods (or worse yet have to do the cycle over), but largely due to the toxic nature of accutane.

I cannot stress how dangerous it is to combine the two. I do not care if anyone told you they were fine -- just wait it out --there are other treatments safer on your body until you are off.

mbstrong
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I'm not sure if you know this or not but accutane makes a gel form also that you rub on. I just ordered some so I will let you know how it goes but it's suppost to be really good.

newgirl
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Never heard of that gel -- keep me posted. Is it rx? Are you needing to have blood tests due to absorption? Curious...thanks.

mbstrong
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

No, well I'm not really sure if you need a script or not. I'm getting it from a good company that doesn't ask for scripts As far as the blood tests go I really don't think it's necessary because it's just gel you rub on but I never thought about it. I'll go see if I can find any info on that, if I need to get blood checked or not.

mbstrong
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Here is some info on it. Nothing on it affecting the liver but I will keep looking. This is the spanish name.

ISOTREX Gel
      Gel for topical application

COMPOSITION
      Isotrex Gel contains isotretinoin 0,05 g per 100 g, and butylated hydroxytoluene as antioxidant.

PHARMACOLOGICAL CLASSIFICATION
      A 13.12 Acne preparations

PHARMACOLOGICAL ACTION
      Isotretinoin is structurally and pharmacologically related to Vitamin A which regulates epithelial cell growth and differentiation.
      The pharmacological action of isotretinoin remains to be fully elucidated. When used systemically it suppresses sebaceous gland activity and reduces sebum production; it also affects comedogenesis, suppresses Propionibacterium acnes and reduces inflammation.
      When applied topically the mode of action of isotretinoin is probably comparable with its stereoisomer, tretinoin. Tretinoin stimulates mitosis in the epidermis and reduces intercellular cohesion in the stratum corneum; it contests the hyperkeratosis characteristic of acne vulgaris and aids desquamation, preventing the formation of lesions. Tretinoin also mediates and increased production of less cohesive epidermal sebaceous cells, this appears to promote the initial expulsion and subsequent prevention of comedones.

INDICATIONS
      Isotrex Gel is indicated in the treatment of mild to moderate inflammatory and non-inflammatory acne vulgaris.

CONTRA INDICATIONS
      Isotrex Gel should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients. Isotrex Gel should not be used in patients with a personal or family history of cutaneous epithelioma.

WARNINGS
      Pregnancy and lactation
      – Oral tretinoin has been shown to be teratogenic in a wide variety of animals.
      – Limited animal data urge caution in the use of preparations containing tretinoin during the first trimester of pregnancy.
      In the case of an eventual pregnancy, the patient should inform her doctor.
      Therefore, it may be concluded that cutaneous administration of tretinoin to pregnant women should not pose a significant hazard, although, as with all medicines, its use should be avoided during pregnancy unless the benefits outweighs any potential risk to the foetus. It is not known whether tretinoin is excreted in animal or human milk. Because many medicines are excreted in human milk, caution should be exercised when applying topical tretinoins to nursing women. In this event the product should not be used on the chest.

DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE
      Apply Istorex Gel sparingly over the whole affected area once or twice daily. Patients should be advised that 6-8 weeks of treatment may be required before a therapeutic effect is observed.

SIDE EFFECTS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS
      In normal use, Isotrex Gel may cause stinging, burning or irritation, erythema and peeling at the site of application may occur. If undue irritation occurs, treatment should be interrupted temporarily and resumed once the reaction subsides. If irritation persists, treatment should be discontinued. Reactions will normally resolve on discontinuation of therapy.
      Contact with the mouth, eyes and mucous membranes and with abraded or eczematous skin should be avoided; the product should not be applied to the angles of the nose. Application to sensitive areas of skin, such as the neck, should be made with caution.
      Exposure to sunlight of areas treated with Isotrex Gel should be avoided or minimised. When exposure to strong sunlight cannot be avoided a sunscreen product and protective clothing should be used. Patients with sunburn should not use Isotrex Gel due to the possibility of increased sensitivity to sunlight. The use of sunlamps should be avoided during treatment. Concomitant topical medication may cause a cumulative irritant effect during therapy with Isotrex Gel. Other topical preparations should be used with caution during treatment. Particular caution should be exercised when using preparations containing a peeling agent (for example benzoyl peroxide) or abrasive cleansers.

KNOWN SYMPTOMS OF OVERDOSE AND PRECAUTIONS OF ITS TREATMENT
      Acute overdosage of Isotrex Gel has not been reported to date. Accidental ingestion of Isotrex Gel resulting in overdosage of isotretinoin could be expected to induce symptoms of hypervitaminosis A. These include severe headaches, nausea or vomiting, drowsiness, irritability and pruritus.

IDENTIFICATION
      Isotrex Gel is a soft greenish yellow clear gel with an odour of ethanol.

PRESENTATION
      Aluminium tube of 30 g, fitted with a screw cap. The tube is presented in a carton with a package leaflet.

mbstrong
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Here is some more

Action And Clinical Pharmacology: Isotretinoin is a drug known to improve cystic acne when taken orally. It has also shown similar activity when used for treating less severe forms of acne. While its mechanism of action is not known, studies have shown that oral isotretinoin can decrease sebum secretion and sebaceous gland size. It also affects the keratinization of the stratum corneum. These processes are important to the pathogenesis of acne vulgaris. Topical isotretinoin appears to have similar properties. It is also known that a structurally related drug, tretinoin, is effective in the treatment of acne vulgaris when used topically. Since the oral use of drugs often exposes the patient to much larger quantities of drug, systemic side effects can occur as is the case with oral isotretinoin. The topical use of drugs in dermatology can often treat the disease locally without the systemic side effects. tag_IndicationsIndications

newgirl
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Thanks so much. Given the dosage and the fact that is a derivative of trentinion -- meaning a lower potency over accutane, I doubt a rx is neccesary but surely not something you would find on the shelf of the healthy & beauty aid section..but sold in docs offices most likely for candidates who are not at the accutane stage.

if you do get it, let me know how you like it. I have been on accutane twice in my life -- while it cleared up my acne, since I have used gear, I do get some jawline breakouts that are not horrible as my old acne was...but cystic nonetheless and would consider using the gel you are speaking of.

Good luck with it and thank you SOO much for going out of your way to get that info to me!

medium1 is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 143
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I was watching a hearing on TV yesterday about the dangers of accutane. They had a lot of families testify that their children committed suicide while on accutane. I think it's a coincidence but it's something to think about.

newgirl
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

medium -- it is no coincidence. It has been proven to cause extreme depression in some users. This has been ongoing since accutane was approved over 10 years ago.

medium1 is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 143
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

But is it the accutane or the sever acne that causes the depression.

WarbirdWS6
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by mbstrong
      I'm not sure if you know this or not but accutane makes a gel form also that you rub on. I just ordered some so I will let you know how it goes but it's suppost to be really good.
      been one accutane gel for a month (ISOTREX brand name) on face and arms, and using nizoral shampoo also on the arms. NO breakouts on my arms at all. and i had HORRIBLE acne and red marks on my arms. it is like a miracle. not sure if its the nizoral or the accutane.....but i dont care, i'll use both. nizoral cleared it up 70%....then accutane took it from there when added in. use nizoral shampoo and accutane gel dude, they are cheap and work wonders.

mbstrong
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Thanks for the info. That's great..........I will be getting soon I can't wait my back is not looking to good I'm going to Jamaica in Feb.... so it needs to be cleared.

I would rather not post it in the open because you do need a script to get it. PM me if you want the name.

builtbc83
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I just started using it about 2 weeks ago and really no real new pimples to speak of on my back, shoulders, and arms...i'm impressed!