Facebook Post by one the worlds strongest men Blaine Sumner!!!
Little back story on my raw squat for those who don't know. Back in 2012 I broke the Raw Squat World Record with 881, before anyone else had done 800 in the modern "Raw" era - before raw blew up in popularity and all of these freaks started breaking boundaries once thought unbreakable. Later in 2012 I tore my hip labrum at the first Raw Worlds but when on to win that World Championship. From that point on, I lost the raw squat mojo that I once had in my blood. I tried coming back in 2013 and tore my other hip labrum squatting at Raw Nationals. I haven't had the raw mojo back in my blood because every time I tried squatting raw, the pain in my hips was unbearable. I confined to try and compete raw as I had still loved it but realized the only thing that made my hips feel better was the support of the squat suit and that became my game. I've very sparingly tried to include raw squats as part of my training when my hip feels good. This usually ends up being once a month or so with very sub-maximal weights.

More...