Josh Cleveland now up to 750 in the squat was well on his way to a possible 1900 total when disaster struck him in the warm up room during his dead lifts!
"I went 6/7 and finished 2nd place in the Raw Open 308 (298 lbs.) weight class at Bending The Bar Volume 1 meet in Milton, FL Saturday. I finished with a 750 squat for a (28 lb. PR) on my 2nd attempt. I went for 760 on my 3rd attempt, but I was on my knees throwing up when I was on deck...still went out there to try it but no shot! I went 3/3 on bench with 424 (11 lb. PR). This set me up for my goal of a 1,900 total, but while warming up for deadlifts with 500 my right tricep popped. It just felt tight and soreā€¦I tried 585 a few times but just pulling the slack out of the bar and budging it off the ground I could feel my tricep stretching and it just didn't feel right at all. I had to take a token deadlift of 165 so that my squat and bench counted. It was a hard decision, I hate that I had to make it, but I wasn't able to pull 585 in warm ups when my opener was 677."

More...