I've been wanting to write a full length wrap up of my experience at the arnold but wanted to wait until I had my full meet video. So here we go!

Going into this meet I truly had low expectations. My only goal was to win the prize money and go for some big numbers if I felt like it was there. If you followed my training, you knew this was a very sub-optimal training cycle. After winning Worlds in November, I took about 8 weeks from touching a weight. I needed to let some things heal in my hips and back. That gave me about 6 weeks to try and get ready for the Arnold. Between buying a house and some things going bad at work (oilfield), 2 of those weeks got completely derailed and training didn't happen. By the time the meet rolled around, I had performed 3 squat sessions..... 4 bench press sessions..... and 2 deadlift sessions....... in 14 weeks. And somehow I had a great meet. This really blew me away. And opened my eyes to what my body really needs. I have always trained pushing the complete limit of recovery and effort. And felt that if I wasn't squatting 1,050 lbs every week, I would completely lose my mojo. It is probably more of a mental disorder than anything, but if I wasn't hitting heavy weekly competition lifts, I have always felt out of touch. I've hit more training lifts in a month during the majority of my powerlifting career than I did in the last 14 weeks combined. There is something about recovery and insanity, but I have yet to figure it out and will probably return to crazy training soon. It's the only way I know.

More...