• Join Us!
  • Her and His Workout
  • Her and His Workout
  • Her and His Workout
  • Her and His Workout
  • Her and His Workout
  • Her and His Workout
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Her and His Workout

Aragorn
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Question Her and His Workout

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout

• Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout
      I wasn't getting any love in the training forum so...TEST DECA DBOL SUST...so any help here would be great

My lady and I love to work out together and not just the "I'll see you after the workout" kind either. We like to do the same exercises pretty much to the "T". Sometimes I'll throw in an extra one if she wants to go do situps but we pretty much do the same things.

My question is does anyone have a good bulking routine that I can vary my sets and grow while she can vary her sets and shape and tone? She's not afraid of the basic moves either as she knows there is a huge misconception about them.

So does anyone have a great bulking routine that we can try out in the new year?

Thanks

Aragorn

Submission1 is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 257
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Aragorn,

I am bulking now (ok, who isn't?). I work out with my gf as well. She more or less follows what I do, but we've both seen great results.
      Sunday: Legs, Calves, Abs
      Monday: Shoulders
      Wed: Chest & Back
      Fri: Bi & Tri

This training split allows you do work legs while having a 3 day break before working back and doing dead lifts. A MUST FOR BULKING!!

The variation we use is to alternate chest exercise, back exercise, chest exercise type of routine. The same with bi & tri. I find that allows one body part to partially recuperate while training the other. It allows you to go a bit heavier on every set since you have recuperated more than you would doing 4 sets of chest in a row. So, a sample arm day would be:
      Set 1: Tri - press down
      Set 2: Bi - db alt. curls
      Set 3: Tri - skull crushers (give these a shot on the decline bench for greater range of motion!!!)
      Set 4: Bi - preacher curls
      Set 5: Tri - weighted dips (gf usually does db kick backs instead)
      Set 6: Bi - hammer curls.

Also if she wants to keep the heart rate up, make her load & unload the plates from your squat bar. Hehehe....j/k...don't try that!

Hope this helps somebody!!
      -Sub.

Aragorn
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Thank you bro...we'll be changing our workouts in the next couple of days as it's time to grow again.

Aragorn

newgirl
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I work out with my husband every time I lift. We have been doing it this way for about 2 years now. Mostly we use the same rotation -- we are just getting back into heavy lifting, many sets -- fewer exercises, fewer sets, moderate rest. We generally do this when he is on cycle -- and I go along for the ride. It has helped my strength tremendously and not just while I was using.

We tend to change every 6 weeks or so...just coming off the high rep, NO rest, program...that kills me as I am very strong but have little stamina...but I know I need to work on that. This I find is also a good routine for shaping.

And you need not worry about her doing different exercises -- I do everything he does...just rule of thumb is 1/2 the weight (except for damn bench press -- I just cannot break thru my plateau here). She won't need to shape as much if the quality of her muscle is there from heavier lifting....just keep doing what you have been doing. IMO.

Question for you -- does she spot you? And do you think that she holds you back from forced reps? I feel like if I were a stronger spotter my husband would benefit more -- but he disagrees.

BTW: helping him load and unload the weights is a workout in itself...Subsmission - -you may have been kidding but I like it -- keeps me from resting too long!

Aragorn
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by newgirl

Question for you -- does she spot you? And do you think that she holds you back from forced reps? I feel like if I were a stronger spotter my husband would benefit more -- but he disagrees.

She says the same thing to me as well and I disagree as well. For a spot, I only need a slight hand with the spot and if I still can't get it up then then it's a wasted rep IMHO. As soon as she touches it I stop counting but continue to push out a couple more.

Aragorn

newgirl
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

That kind of makes me feel better....I feel like I am holding him back...but he sorta says the same thing...glad it is not just him trying to make me feel better.

Aragorn
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I always get the roll of the eyes when the weights get put down after a hard set and she swears I could do more with a stronger spot...but like I said before the less she lifts the better I become.

Aragorn

Submission1 is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 257
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

My gf is the best spotter for me in the gym. She know exactly when and how much to help out with. If you are lifting the proper amount of weight for your strength, you should only need say 10-20 pounds for a heavy bench set taken of in the form of a spot, which anybody can lift. If somebody needs a bigger spotter, they are probably lifting too much weight for them anyway. (Although, I guess there is the safety factor there, what are you going to do if it slips...but that's another story.)

Ok, in all seriousness, we both load and unload one side of the bar. And yes, it gets to be a lot of plate shuffling. I usually work out with about 315-385 on squats and she does about 115. Sometimes we get creative in how the bar is stacked with 25's or 35's on the inside, but hey, it all adds up to the same thing. And it looks cool when you have 45's way out on the end of a bar and it bends on your shoulders. Ha!

I would much rather have my girl spotting me than some jackass who either spots too much and pulls the bar out of your hands, makes you struggle for a full minute, or starts yelling some "motivational" crap while your giving it your all.

-Sub.

jack hust
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

me and my girl workout together all the time i love it she is a good partner we do the same work out she keeps up pretty good she likes it alot and she makes me do my cardio good motivation

slobberknocker
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Don Rheinhoudt's wife used to hand off to him, and he benched over 600 lbs. Course', she was kinda big too, lol.

Here's my routine. I'm a powerlifter, and I like to think I know a thing or two about gaining size, lol.

MON
      Deadlift 1x5
      Bent rows 2x5
      bar shrugs 2x5

TUES
      Bench 1x5
      Barbell Incline 2x5
      Skullcrushers 2x8

THURS
      Squat 1x5
      leg curls 2x8
      standing cable crunches 3x15

FRI
      military press 1x5
      Standing d-bell press 2x5
      Seated hammer curls 2x8

My theory is keep it short, and intense. Get in, go nuts, and get the hell out. Increase weights each workout, and size will follow.

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Her and His Workout

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout

• Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout
      • Her and His Workout
      Originally posted by Aragorn
      I wasn't getting any love in the training forum so...TEST DECA DBOL SUST...so any help here would be great

My lady and I love to work out together and not just the "I'll see you after the workout" kind either. We like to do the same exercises pretty much to the "T". Sometimes I'll throw in an extra one if she wants to go do situps but we pretty much do the same things.

My question is does anyone have a good bulking routine that I can vary my sets and grow while she can vary her sets and shape and tone? She's not afraid of the basic moves either as she knows there is a huge misconception about them.

So does anyone have a great bulking routine that we can try out in the new year?

Thanks

Aragorn

I envy you kid. My GF does work out all the time, but she'll never work out with me though, I even go out of my way to accommodate(yes that is the right spelling)her, but she still wont work out with me. I've even changed my routine for her(you fellas know what I mean too), and she still wont.