• Join Us!
  • Glucovance? Better a;ternative to Glucophage?
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Glucovance? Better a;ternative to Glucophage?

prolangtum is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 239
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Glucovance? Better a;ternative to Glucophage?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

For those using GH, this maybe better than glucophage if not using insulin:

Influence of initial hyperglycaemia, weight and age on the blood glucose lowering efficacy and incidence of hypoglycaemic symptoms with a single-tablet metformin-glibenclamide therapy (Glucovance(R)) in type 2 diabetes.

Garber A, Marre M, Blonde L, Allavoine T, Howlett H, Lehert P, Cornes M.

Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA Hopital Bichat, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Merck Sante, Lyon, France Facultes Catholiques de Mons, Mons, Belgium.

AIM: To evaluate the efficacy and incidence of hypoglycaemic symptoms associated with fixed combinations of metformin and glibenclamide (glyburide in the USA) formulated within a single tablet (tablet strengths 250 mg/1.25 mg, 500 mg/2.5 mg and 500 mg/5 mg), in comparison with metformin 500 mg and glibenclamide 2.5-5 mg monotherapy, in clinically important patient subgroups within the type 2 diabetic population. METHODS: A total of 1856 patients from three randomized, double-blind, multicentre, parallel-group clinical trials were stratified at baseline according to HbA1C (< 8% or >/= 8%), age (< 65 years or >/= 65 years) and body mass index (BMI; < 28 kg/m2 or >/= 28 kg/m2). The effects of study treatments on HbA1C and the incidence of hypoglycaemic symptoms were determined in each subgroup. RESULTS: The combination treatments were more effective than either monotherapy irrespective of baseline HbA1C, age or BMI in each trial. Antihyperglycaemic effects were greater in patients with HbA1C >/= 8% at baseline, especially with the combinations. The majority of hypoglycaemic symptoms with glibenclamide-containing treatments occurred in patients with HbA1C < 8% at baseline. Neither age nor BMI had a marked effect on the efficacy of the combination treatments, and there was no increase in hypoglycaemic symptoms in older patients. CONCLUSIONS: Single-tablet metformin-glibenclamide combination treatment is more effective than metformin or glibenclamide monotherapy, and is well tolerated in patients with hyperglycaemia inadequately controlled by diet and exercise or antidiabetic monotherapy, irrespective of their severity of hyperglycaemia at baseline, age or weight.

PMID: 12681024 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
      I eat at least 6 times a day to build my body
      I pray at least 6 times a day to build my soul

swolegreaser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

nice read.

prolangtum is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 239
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Influence of initial hyperglycaemia, weight and age on the blood glucose lowering efficacy and incidence of hypoglycaemic symptoms with a single-tablet metformin-glibenclamide therapy (Glucovance(R)) in type 2 diabetes.

Garber A, Marre M, Blonde L, Allavoine T, Howlett H, Lehert P, Cornes M.

Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA Hopital Bichat, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Merck Sante, Lyon, France Facultes Catholiques de Mons, Mons, Belgium.

AIM: To evaluate the efficacy and incidence of hypoglycaemic symptoms associated with fixed combinations of metformin and glibenclamide (glyburide in the USA) formulated within a single tablet (tablet strengths 250 mg/1.25 mg, 500 mg/2.5 mg and 500 mg/5 mg), in comparison with metformin 500 mg and glibenclamide 2.5-5 mg monotherapy, in clinically important patient subgroups within the type 2 diabetic population. METHODS: A total of 1856 patients from three randomized, double-blind, multicentre, parallel-group clinical trials were stratified at baseline according to HbA1C (< 8% or >/= 8%), age (< 65 years or >/= 65 years) and body mass index (BMI; < 28 kg/m2 or >/= 28 kg/m2). The effects of study treatments on HbA1C and the incidence of hypoglycaemic symptoms were determined in each subgroup. RESULTS: The combination treatments were more effective than either monotherapy irrespective of baseline HbA1C, age or BMI in each trial. Antihyperglycaemic effects were greater in patients with HbA1C >/= 8% at baseline, especially with the combinations. The majority of hypoglycaemic symptoms with glibenclamide-containing treatments occurred in patients with HbA1C < 8% at baseline. Neither age nor BMI had a marked effect on the efficacy of the combination treatments, and there was no increase in hypoglycaemic symptoms in older patients. CONCLUSIONS: Single-tablet metformin-glibenclamide combination treatment is more effective than metformin or glibenclamide monotherapy, and is well tolerated in patients with hyperglycaemia inadequately controlled by diet and exercise or antidiabetic monotherapy, irrespective of their severity of hyperglycaemia at baseline, age or weight.

PMID: 12681024 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
      I eat at least 6 times a day to build my body
      I pray at least 6 times a day to build my soul

JohnnyB is offline VET
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 252
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Sound better then Avandia, it can cause weight gain from water, this is in their pamphlet.

JohnnyB