• Join Us!
  • What is the worst advice you've gotten/heard someone get regarding bodybuilding?
  • What is the worst advice you've gotten/heard someone get regarding bodybuilding?
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the worst advice you've gotten/heard someone get regarding bodybuilding?

Jozifp103 is offline Sponsor
      Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Question What is the worst advice you've gotten/heard someone get regarding bodybuilding?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

This should be funny to hear.....

Just yesterday I was at the gym and I heard some 150lb future Mr O doofus trying to give advice to his 135lb protege. He said and I quote "Decline benching is more effective because all of your testosterone is stored in your leg muscles and when you elevate your legs it allows more test to flow through your system." I was mid squat and almost had to forfeit my set. I've heard many ridiculous things over the years but this one was just too much for me.

What are some ridiculous things you've been told, or heard someone say regarding bodybuilding or lifting in general?

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: What is the worst advice you've gotten/heard someone get regarding bodybuilding?

Don't stop training cause your muscle will turn to fat
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

Torres is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
      Achievements:
      Got three FriendsFirst 1000 Experience Points
      is Livin The Jacked Life

I am:
      Hungry

Level

Default Re: What is the worst advice you've gotten/heard someone get regarding bodybuilding?

Quote Originally Posted by Jozifp103 View Post
      This should be funny to hear.....

Just yesterday I was at the gym and I heard some 150lb future Mr O doofus trying to give advice to his 135lb protege. He said and I quote "Decline benching is more effective because all of your testosterone is stored in your leg muscles and when you elevate your legs it allows more test to flow through your system." I was mid squat and almost had to forfeit my set. I've heard many ridiculous things over the years but this one was just too much for me.

What are some ridiculous things you've been told, or heard someone say regarding bodybuilding or lifting in general?
      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
      AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
      AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
      AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Joz , ur stronger then me , cuz if I had heard that , I would've started to laugh and fell on my ass doin squats !!!

Achievements:
      is Livin The Jacked Life

I am:
      Hungry

Level

I remember one time after doin legs I knew I would be sore the next day , so , and I forget who , but some1 told me yea , just put Bengay on ur legs , especially the inner thigh and u won't fell the soreness as much .
      Well me being an asshole went home , showered and afterward put Bengay on my legs .
      I ended up layin down and maybe 10 min later my ball sack started to burn LOL !!!
      I swear I was running around like an asshole !!!

animal87 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 390
      Achievements:
      is eating doughnuts in the squat
      rack

I am:
      Crazy

Level

I think the stuff about you can get huge just eating vegetables. I dont see how thats possible.
      Animal the manimal

guns01 is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Overall activity: 99.9%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      Awards:
      Activity Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

other than some of the most insane suggestions i have seen people give beginers on aas my all time favorites are with coaches. so you got a fat nasty out of shape trainer or coach working with people and his or her clients never do all that well. well, you have to ask why arent you competing? i dont have the discipline to stay on my diet but i have the book knowledge and experience to help people reach their goals. lmao are you serious? another big one that i see locally is coaches that are being coached and coaching people on the side themselves. not a big deal because i actually coach people myself and i am currently using a coach of my own. the difference between me and them is i had done it for over a decade myself with just tweaks from others and learned the ins and outs of the basics first. that way i have a broad base to pass on and teach. funny when you ask a trainer or coach how or why they are doing something and they cant answer your question. so bad so that i have met people that have their coaches tell them not to worry about it, it isnt important
      TGBSupplements REP

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Use code 'Baby1' for $5 off your order

Skeletor is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 149
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I hear what baby1 hears all the time. "If you don't train your muscle turns to fat". Dumbest thing ever lol

biggio is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 317
      Overall activity: 35.0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I was in Golds gym a few years ago lifting near the dumbell rack. A "Johnny Badass" trainer had his 300 pound newbie lady client there barking orders at her. He was making her do lunges. He made her grab a pair of 40 pound dumb bells and made her lunge near the rack. All of sudden I heard a boom and scream. She was on the ground, crying in a kinda like in a bad split position!!!! I felt so bad for her. Needless to say, the manager was pissed. He came over with 3 other guys and they got her up and helped her limp to the front. The manager made all those dumb ass trainers stop doing lunges with new clients. Needless to say I never saw that lady again.

LittleTom is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 648
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The worst advice I hear is "this guy" (who ever it is) trains this way, so that's the only way to do it. Cookie cutter advice on whatever it is, dieting, lifting, sleeping, is such BS. I spent so much time in my early days trying to train like other people instead of listing to my own body. A good coach will help you find what's best for you. Guns has some great advice.
      "You don't know how strong you are until strong is your only option."

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

I liked the advices Arnold used to give his competition. lol

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

What is the worst advice you've gotten/heard someone get regarding bodybuilding?
      Heres what Im talking about. lmao

Achievements:
      is Livin The Jacked Life

I am:
      Hungry

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
      I liked the advices Arnold used to give his competition. lol
      Bro it's true !!! U have to be careful with bad Advices !!!! Bad Advices will fuck everything up !!!
      Watch out for bad Advices !!! Remember , I said ADVICES !!!

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

I love listening, watching and even reading this stuff. As crazy as it sounds, it makes me dig deeper and find out where this is all coming from
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

some guy told me "eat your own cum when you jerk it bro, it's pure testosterone"

I made such a fuss about it being the grossest thing i have ever heard he said "i was joking bro"

I told him he was dead serious when he told me.
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

guns01 is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Overall activity: 99.9%
      Achievements:
      Awards:
      Activity Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by BABY1 View Post
      I love listening, watching and even reading this stuff. As crazy as it sounds, it makes me dig deeper and find out where this is all coming from
      some of the stuff i have been told over the years cant be found through research or books. hell i hate to say it but some of it in the books conflicts with what actually happens real world. what i have found is you have to find people that are successful and willing to share. that is key because some (esp if they are threatened by you) will steer you completely wrong just to slow down your progress. some of the stuff i have done the last couple years goes completely against what i was taught early on and it actually works. the cool thing about our sport is it is ever evolving and growing as long as we have good people that are willing to help out and bring up the up and comers. i like dave tate's business model of live learn and pass on. if i think you are serious i will always help someone out. this is my passion and i enjoy and get a lot out of other people's successes even if it means they may beat or surpass me one day
      TGBSupplements REP

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Use code 'Baby1' for $5 off your order