I've let the dust settle from ProRawSeven, collected my thoughts, allowed all emotion to escape, and now I can do my write up of the event. A few have been asking for this for a few days now, but I wanted to wait till I was ready.
First I want to say that when ProRaw began in 2010, not in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine we would see lifting of the caliber that just took place in our gym last weekend. I'm pretty safe in saying no one did. The women got things going on Friday. The lifting was stunning. In the 60kg class, Laura Sgro didnt even podium with a 412.5kg total. Let that sink in. Social media is littered with lifters claiming WR and WC, and some would dream of a 412.5kg total, but that wasnt enough to even podium. Taylor Young won the 60kg class with a masterful display, beating two very strong girls who are both less than half her age. Taylors 440kg total at 60yo surely is one of the best performances seen here. Rebecca Gleich finished 2nd with 430kg, thats her 8th consecutive 400kg+ total in a row, never has a bad meet, so consistent. In 3rd place we had Bec Giles with a massive PB total of 415kg. Bec will definitely shake up the 60kg class in 2016.

More...