* by Janis Finkelman (from her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/janisfinkelman)
Alexander Juan Antonio Cortes writes an excellent article (also linked here at Powerlifting Watch) regarding women and "poverty benches" and I am mentioned in the first sentence. And I am going to put my money where my mouth is when it makes the words that make up that sentence, as I have done before. I have competed in five weight classes in three years in this sport--and aside from 148, where I did one push pull and weighed in at 137, I think I made top-five total rankings in four of those classes. I do not marry myself to a weight class and hinder my growth as an athlete. And my bench has grown from "shit" to "less shit;" this is mostly because I have put on weight. I believe that I am 15-20 pounds heavier in the right picture than the left. I don't have the leverages to bench spectacularly well but I am not going to use it as an excuse to walk around with a scrawny upper body and an inclination to post "I hate benching you guyz like lol but look at my butt"-illustrated photo to instagram every bench day.

More...