• Join Us!
  • ******keep this on top******need some advice please
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ******keep this on top******need some advice please

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Thumbs up ******keep this on top******need some advice please

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I need some input on which one I should buy in the next couple of weeks...I rode the both of them and they both ride very nice...One is more of cruiser, which I like, and I do like the TL1000R for it's fast and quick handling...But I'm torn in between the both of them, need some GOOD advice and input fellas and gals...My decision will be based primarily on this thread, so please give me your experience(for those of you who own bikes) on which one would be better....And no I'm not getting a Harley either...

You could call it the most powerful V-twin cruiser Kawasaki's ever built. Or you could call it a down-and-dirty streetfighter with a sportbike soul. Whatever you call it, the Vulcan 1500 Mean Streak™ motorcycle has the most attitude in the Kawasaki cruiser line-up. In fact, since its inception in 2002, Mean Streak has been the most talked about motorcycle in the popular performance cruiser category.

Mean Streak epitomizes the best attributes in this still-emerging market niche, namely, aggressive power, sportbike-like handling, and long, low hot-rod-inspired styling. The Mean Streak draws from its Vulcan 1500 heritage and takes performance one step further with a powerful engine and nimble chassis. The result is a cruiser that is entirely unique within the wide-range of Vulcan motorcycles.

The performance-oriented Mean Streak, powered by a liquid-cooled, single overhead cam, 1470cc V-twin engine, is tuned to deliver power. Kawasaki engineers culled additional horsepower from the proven Vulcan 1500 engine by increasing the size of the intake and exhaust valves, redesigning the transmission, cylinder head, camshaft and pistons, and increasing the diameter of the fuel-injection throttle bodies.

The chassis, along with the highly modified engine, also received a serious overhaul to match the power cruiser image. Among the many alterations is reworked frame geometry for increased stability and relatively nimble handling. Sport-oriented additions include an inverted cartridge-style fork, and air-assisted rear shocks with four clicks of rebound damping adjustment. And, the Mean Streak's brakes comprise front rotors grasped by a set of six-piston calipers plucked from the 2001 ZX-9R.

The coup de grace? This Kawasaki cruiser comes standard with radial tires. As if the Mean Streak's high-performance personality wasn't enough to close the deal, this machine is a no-holds-barred looker. Elegantly aggressive with clean lines and stellar fit and finish, the already stylish Mean Streak can be outfitted with a variety of custom pieces, thanks to a wide range of accessories available through Kawasaki's Fire & Steel line.

With its stylish custom appearance, sportbike-like handling, and high-performance attitude, the Vulcan 1500 Mean Streak is a force to be reckoned with.

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Thumbs up Or this one...

this is my other choice

Key Features
      Powerful 996cc 90° V-twin, DOHC 8-valve, liquid-cooled engine. Engine uses forged pistons and light weight conrods to reduce weight and increase rev capability.
      Electronic dual-stage fuel injection system, fed by ram air intake with larger volume airbox. System is programmed to work with exhaust, intake and ignition settings for higher power output. Includes self diagnostic system with LCD readout.
      Stainless steel exhaust system has increased capacity and reduced back pressure for increased power output. Upswept aluminum mufflers are aerodynamic and provide additional swingarm clearance.
      High efficiency twin-radiator cooling system increases cooling capacity and blends with aerodynamic design of the fairing - includes compact liquid-cooled oil cooler.
      Smooth shifting 6-speed transmission.
      Large diameter hydraulic clutch has increased capacity to match engine power plus power assist and back torque limiter for smooth engagement and down shifts.
      Semi-gear driven valve system simplifies maintenance and minimizes cam sprocket size and engine height for optimum engine placement.
      Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve system operates large 40mm intake and 33mm exhaust valves.
      SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation.
      Lightweight magnesium valve covers, ignition cover, and sound deadening plastic outer clutch cover.
      Full fairing design with emphasis on aerodynamics and low drag coefficient. All fairing components, including windscreen and tail section, have been designed to reduce drag and turbulence.
      Aluminum spar-type frame, with cast and extruded sections, is lightweight and exceptionally rigid. Features a bolt-on sub-frame to simplify maintenance.
      Bridged-type, aluminum swingarm features an adjustable pivot point on the frame similar to GSX-R750 (requires optional race kit parts - check race regulations for eligibility).
      Fully adjustable 43mm inverted front forks with aluminum triple clamps, steering stem and steering damper.
      Unique rotary damper rear suspension uses separate leverage ratios and linkage for the spring and damper, resulting in a smoother ride and high traction throughout the range of wheel travel. Damping and preload are fully adjustable.
      Powerful 6-piston front brake calipers with 320mm floating brake rotors.
      Lightweight speedo and tach. with LCD displays, twin operation tripmeter and odometer. Coolant temp. display doubles as fuel injection diagnostic display.
      Digital ignition system provides optimum ignition timing with separate maps for each cylinder.
      Radial tires mounted on lightweight 3-spoke aluminum wheels. Wide 190-size rear tire is mounted on 6" wide rim.
      Hinged fuel tank provides easy access to the airbox and air filter.
      Removable passenger seat cover comes as standard equipment.
      Optional accessories
      Gel seat
      Tank cover
      Soft luggage
      Work stand
      Storage cover
      12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty

pucknutz78 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 83
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

crotch rocket
      Mod@www.massmonsterz.com
      www.anabolicfreakz.com

pucknutz@cyber-rights.net

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by pucknutz78
      crotch rocket

and why ? Like I said, I need some info, not just pick this one or the other...I would like to know the pro's and con's if any

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by Iceman
      go with the sport bike, those are so awsome.I wanna get a gunmetal gray hayabusa..

I'm incline a bit towards it, but something tells me to get the cruiser, I don't know...

bigpimpc
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

i would get the crotch rocket! if i couldn't get that i would get a harley.

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by bigpimpc
      i would get the crotch rocket! if i couldn't get that i would get a harley.

harley's are too much of a bike for me

pucknutz78 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 83
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by rado
      and why ? Like I said, I need some info, not just pick this one or the other...I would like to know the pro's and con's if any
      i think the crotch rocket would be more fun, and i think you could pick up more girls on it..
      Mod@www.massmonsterz.com
      www.anabolicfreakz.com

pucknutz@cyber-rights.net

bigpimpc
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by rado
      harley's are too much of a bike for me
      True! you might wanna think about a KX 60 or mabye a 80cc...lol

bigjim33
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

i am thinking about getting a crotch rocket sometime soon....IMO though that a cruiser would be safer, but not as fun

BullFX
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

fuck that rado ... go with the street bike ( 2nd one) I love it... im getin one myself when i get rich

BullFX
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

i think u look better on the sport bike any way... that other one is for biker dudes with long hair and tight jeans ...

ryan16 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 78
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

bro this is how you look at it. If you are out to have a rippen time and get crazy then defenitly get the crotch rocket. If your worried about safety and you want just to take nice sunday strols on the cast then get the cruiser. Its up to you bro what are you getting the bike for? You need to decide what your interests are with it! Good luck bro!
      Go big or go home!

##spiderbaby##
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

F the cruiser. They are gay. period.

If you have a SB then cruisers are great. I personaly think guys 16-40 look like retards on them unless they are raked choppers and your all tattooed up.

If you get the gay cruiser then you have to get one of those half peanut shell helmets and ride around gay.

I guess it all comes down to how much of a rider you are. Me? I like to ride, I put on average almost 15000 miles a year on my bike and I live in the midwest now. I almost got the TL, great bike, comfortable, fast and you cant beat the ridability of a twin. My next bike is a RC51 in august. Hell I rode my old FZR600 to Phoenix, it was a 1600 mile trip. I couldnt feel my hands or the lower half of my body but it was fun.

Anyway bro, it really is all about your riding style, if you like to go somewhat fast ocasionaly and enjoy the twisties then get the SB. If you like riding around so people will look at you and comment to their girlfriend that you look gay then by all means get the cruiser.

Obviously some guys can pull off the cruiser at a younger age. I dont really care what I look like on them I just dont enjoy riding them for more than a half hour. They are BORING.

swolegreaser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

sport bike ALL THE WAY BRO, i fuckin love it! wanna get one now.