• Join Us!
  • Thai Fighter vs Bodybuilder
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Thai Fighter vs Bodybuilder

NineDoubleM is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Thai Fighter vs Bodybuilder

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=4AyaspKv_Gc

I always like seeing these vids. not because i like seeing bodybuilders get beat up but because it speaks to my path in bodybuilding/combat sports. i had at one time been about as strong as i'd ever want to be, but when it came to fighting it didn't really matter. i could bench 365 but couldn't throw a jab to save my life. i know what you're thinking, but 365 was a big deal for me lol. i remember unracking it and feeling my skeletal structure shift lol. anyways, just interesting to me when a dude w/ muscles on top of muscles gives fighting a shot.
      Respectfully,
      9mm

Eventually, if there isn't deep integrity and fundamental character strength, the challenges of life will cause true motives to surface and human relationship failure will replace short-term success.

There is an idea of who I am: some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me; only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel my flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Thai Fighter vs Bodybuilder

Respectfully,
      9mm

Eventually, if there isn't deep integrity and fundamental character strength, the challenges of life will cause true motives to surface and human relationship failure will replace short-term success.

There is an idea of who I am: some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me; only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel my flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

jipped genes is offline VET
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

this is pretty much how it is when big jacked dudes come to train with us. they are so used to being intimidating looking but most of the time even the cruiser weights will raise their hand to go with a heavy weight BB as they just gas out quick. also speed suffers as does technique;

like you said hard to throw a good jab when you have slabs of muscle in the way.

i used to be 35+ # heavier when i started combat sports and found myself continually dropping mass by ceasing most weight training and cutting protein until i felt great and my cardio was good.

now i will say a big dude like that is dangerous as hell until you can put the "deadleg" on him or gas him out. a lot of power for a short time. fatigue ruins technique and makes a guy easy to fight when you see everything coming

an analogy i use is it is like a big badass 70 chevelle with a 650 hp motor. its heavy and drinks gas like crazy and goes like hell in a straight line but could not keep it as redline long and cant handle very well.

that said i was not a good BB and I am not a good fighter. but damn i love it

no disrespect to BBs. it is just a different sport. BB is about how one's physique looks and fighting is about how it performs.
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

guns01 is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Overall activity: 99.9%
      Achievements:
      Awards:
      Activity Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

that poor dude looked like he had no business in their trying to fight. his head movement was pathetic not to mention he had no offense or defensive ability whatsoever. the regular guy pretty much did whatever he choose to do with very little effort. i personally love mma and i have trained in fighting for many many years but to me it isnt all that fun and it is a hell of a lot of hard work. (i trained because i was required to at work and had to keep my certs current)now knowing my abilities and my weaknesses (yes i am a very very heavy bber) i am going to get ahold of you and take you to the ground and end it as quickly as possible. can i hit and take a hit, you damn right but i dont like to get hit so i will take it to my strengths and not risk get gassed and beat up. i respect the hell out of fighters but to me getting beat on day in and day out then having to lift and do cardio on top of dieting, nah i will pass on that one lol. tons and tons of work go into these sports on top of adding in some dieting and other aspects. or even better having the mindset that if i let you get in close enough to me to have to go hands on then i have failed and didnt mitigate the threats correctly to begin with lol
      TGBSupplements REP

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Use code 'Baby1' for $5 off your order

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
      this is pretty much how it is when big jacked dudes come to train with us. they are so used to being intimidating looking but most of the time even the cruiser weights will raise their hand to go with a heavy weight BB as they just gas out quick. also speed suffers as does technique;

like you said hard to throw a good jab when you have slabs of muscle in the way.

i used to be 35+ # heavier when i started combat sports and found myself continually dropping mass by ceasing most weight training and cutting protein until i felt great and my cardio was good.

now i will say a big dude like that is dangerous as hell until you can put the "deadleg" on him or gas him out. a lot of power for a short time. fatigue ruins technique and makes a guy easy to fight when you see everything coming

an analogy i use is it is like a big badass 70 chevelle with a 650 hp motor. its heavy and drinks gas like crazy and goes like hell in a straight line but could not keep it as redline long and cant handle very well.

that said i was not a good BB and I am not a good fighter. but damn i love it

no disrespect to BBs. it is just a different sport. BB is about how one's physique looks and fighting is about how it performs.
      all great points man, and very true. my favorite quote when it comes to fighting is "fatigue makes cowards of men." it's the damn truth and if you gas quick you're fucked. one of the last places i trained at had a huge dude, physically intimidating for sure but when it came to sparring he couldn't do shit to me. during drills he looked like a monster, he'd throw a hook from hell, but live sparring he sucked.
      Respectfully,
      9mm

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by guns01 View Post
      that poor dude looked like he had no business in their trying to fight. his head movement was pathetic not to mention he had no offense or defensive ability whatsoever. the regular guy pretty much did whatever he choose to do with very little effort. i personally love mma and i have trained in fighting for many many years but to me it isnt all that fun and it is a hell of a lot of hard work. (i trained because i was required to at work and had to keep my certs current)now knowing my abilities and my weaknesses (yes i am a very very heavy bber) i am going to get ahold of you and take you to the ground and end it as quickly as possible. can i hit and take a hit, you damn right but i dont like to get hit so i will take it to my strengths and not risk get gassed and beat up. i respect the hell out of fighters but to me getting beat on day in and day out then having to lift and do cardio on top of dieting, nah i will pass on that one lol. tons and tons of work go into these sports on top of adding in some dieting and other aspects. or even better having the mindset that if i let you get in close enough to me to have to go hands on then i have failed and didnt mitigate the threats correctly to begin with lol
      Guns! cool to hear you've trained bro! first thing i thought when i read your post was the sickest ankle pick I've ever seen in a fight. skip to 5:35 into the vid, i don't know if we'll ever see a better example of getting a hold of someone and dumping them to the ground with the quickness than this. to watch it is impressive, but for those who have trianed, you know exactly how ridiculous this is:

Respectfully,
      9mm

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

aw hell, wrong vid, here's the right one:

Respectfully,
      9mm

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

it only lasts a split second but how impressive is that? no shoulder pressure on the guy's shin, not pushing w/ his left hand on the guy's shoulder, no leverage work whatsoever - just bends down and grabs his ankle and throws him to the fuckin ground. yoel romero is a beast.
      Respectfully,
      9mm

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

wow that is impressive even if not Thai boxing legal. Most folk clench up and just want to get close so they do not take any knees at my level. i have a good clench because i still have old man strength and do out weigh some of the guys at my camp. but my cardio is abysmal.
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

6p6 is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 29.0%
      is armed and ready...R U?

I am:
      Wtf

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I've always tried to walk the fine line between mass, functional strength, and fighting ability. It is really though and seems to get tougher the older I get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk