• Join Us!
  • How to Release Endorphins Naturally
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How to Release Endorphins Naturally

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default How to Release Endorphins Naturally

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Endorphins are neurotransmitters (chemicals in your brain) that are created in the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus. Endorphins serve many beneficial purposes, and acts as a pain killer and mood booster in your body. The symptoms of a release of endorphins are very similar to that of morphine, however endorphins are completely natural and there are no negative side effects of producing endorphins. Because it is your body that is producing endorphins, there are many natural and safe ways to stimulate endorphin production, therefore boosting your mood and eliminating pain. Here are 7 ways to naturally stimulate endorphin production:

*Eat Spicy Food
      When eating spicy food, our brain is interpreting the spiciness that we taste as pain that it needs to stop. In order to stop this pain, it stimulates endorphin production. This may be one reason why many people love eating spicy food; because of the natural high that it produces.

*Have Sex
      Orgasms are a tried and true way to release a wave of endorphins into your brain. After an orgasm, a huge amount of endorphins will go to work making you feel stress-free, euphoric, and even ease pains. This is one of the main reasons why a good sex life is important for a healthy relationship. The euphoria it causes brings the partners closer together while the endorphins stress-relieving effects help improve quality of life.

*Work Out
      One other way to stimulate endorphin release is through long and continuous work outs, specifically cardio workouts. Also known as “runner’s high”, this endorphin release allows people to push through the limits of pain and to continuously surpass their limits. These endorphins stay in the body long after exercise stops, and can even boost your mood for the whole day.

*Get Acupuncture
      Acupuncture, the ancient Chinese practice of inserting of small needles into specific body points, is been proven to trigger the production of endorphins. Studies have shown that endorphin levels in the cerebrospinal fluid of subjects increased after acupuncture was performed. This release of endorphins largely contributes to acupunctures effectiveness in reducing pain.

*Laugh
      Laughing is one of the healthiest activities that humans can perform. In addition to showing others that you are happy, it improves your immune system, cardiovascular function, and boosts your mood. In addition to all of these, laughing stimulates the production of endorphins in the body. This may be the reason why laughing is so good for boosting mood, and also why it has been shown to reduce pain.

*Scare Yourself
      Whether it is going on roller coasters or watching your favorite horror film, being scared out of your wits actually is a great way to encourage a release of endorphins. This is one of the reasons why so many people enjoy crazy roller coasters, because of the euphoria produced by the release of endorphins.

Stimulating the production of endorphins, the natural and healthy version of morphine, is a great way to boost your mood, reduce pain, and eliminate stress. Whether it is laughing, eating spicy foods, working out, or going on roller coasters; there are many natural and healthy ways to increase endorphin production in your body
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: How to Release Endorphins Naturally

All of these work for sure. Here is my lil story from last night and the endorphins were kicken...no pain felt until today,lol.

Well this works for me and I even conquered my fear or heights,lol. My daughter and I went to Six Flags last night and went on every roller coaster they have, except the brand new one. HOLY SHIT!!! How fun it was and to scream and throw some F-bombs ,lol, felt better than anything. I am telling you it works and you have any pain..you wont feel it til the next day,lol. If anyone wants to join me next time..just give me a shout! Now go have some fun and yell it out!!!
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

Lunchbox is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 153
      Overall activity: 10.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is Trying to find the auto beast
      mode!!!

I am:
      Godly

Level

Quote Originally Posted by BABY1 View Post
      All of these work for sure. Here is my lil story from last night and the endorphins were kicken...no pain felt until today,lol.

Well this works for me and I even conquered my fear or heights,lol. My daughter and I went to Six Flags last night and went on every roller coaster they have, except the brand new one. HOLY SHIT!!! How fun it was and to scream and throw some F-bombs ,lol, felt better than anything. I am telling you it works and you have any pain..you wont feel it til the next day,lol. If anyone wants to join me next time..just give me a shout! Now go have some fun and yell it out!!!
      The six flags here in North Texas has a new ride called Titan or something like that that is supposed to be unreal!

I've got my season pass but have only used it for the water park so far.

I need to make a trip and try this thing out.

Onward through the fog...

Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
      The six flags here in North Texas has a new ride called Titan or something like that that is supposed to be unreal!

I've got my season pass but have only used it for the water park so far.

I need to make a trip and try this thing out.

Onward through the fog...
      I am hoping when we go to San Antonio that we can hitthe Six Flags also. The new one here is called Goliath and it looks quite scary...drops straight down, Yikes
      Veritas Vos Liberabit