• Join Us!
  • My mom is an asshole. PLEASE READ!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My mom is an asshole. PLEASE READ!

trenboloni is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 287
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default My mom is an asshole. PLEASE READ!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

First of all, sorry for shouting. I need the info I am asking before thursday evening (european time) so I can print them out and give to my "opponent". Please read on...

My parents and I are going to visit my granma this easter. I told my mother that I'll have to buy non-carb food (eggs, meat, fish) to eat in the evenings instead of the fatty bread and cookies they always eat there. She got very, very upset and claimed that MANY STUDIES SHOW THAT CARBS ARE NEEDED IN THE EVENING. God damn, that's bullshit! Now I want to get scientific abstracts and articles about low-carb diets and low-carb (evening) meals.

Also she said that the fat will come back after I start eating carbs at evenings... I said that I will never eat carbs in the evening again and then she started the rant how hazardous it is... Damn! So I would also need links to studies that show that, yes, the liver is really cabable of storing carbs, and the clygogen(?) stores don't deplete in a day or two!

Of course my mother also said that a man needs only A FEW GRAMS OF protein to survive. I bet she has mixed up carbs and protein. What an idiot. So if anyone knows links to the studies that claim that a hard trainer needs a few grams per pound, let me know also!

She's a nice lady but always thinks she knows everything and just loves to argue without a reason. So just help me "win" her in this stupid argument.

Keiser
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

sounds like she is just bumping her gums to me, my mom does the same thing bro.

prolangtum is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 239
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Dude, sounds like your young, BBing is a way of life, but dont let it run your life. Eat sensibly but dotn go apeshit if its not oatemal and egg whites. Live a bit. Shes right, you only need 40-60g of protein to survive, but building msucle is a different thing. Eat up, have fun, your young, you live once. Once you get back, go back to eating smart.
      I eat at least 6 times a day to build my body
      I pray at least 6 times a day to build my soul

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by prolangtum
      Dude, sounds like your young, BBing is a way of life, but dont let it run your life. Eat sensibly but dotn go apeshit if its not oatemal and egg whites. Live a bit. Shes right, you only need 40-60g of protein to survive, but building msucle is a different thing. Eat up, have fun, your young, you live once. Once you get back, go back to eating smart.

I'll 2nd this too. And never say your mom is an asshole kid, that's just not right, she gave you life, remember that. I know our parents piss us off at times, but imagine how many times you've done that to them too...Don't say that about your mom please...Mom's are the best

Polynomstapler
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Where I come from we don't call our mothers assholes... remember she gave life to you.

maybe you can show that website to your mom: https://www.metabolicdiet.com/

smalls is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I 3rd that man. Also there is nothing special about evening that makes your body process carbs differently. That being said i'm sure you can find info on low carb populations. Search pubmed etc. Also look for info on atkin's dieters there have been some studies done showing improved cholesterol profiles etc (studies have shown the opposite as well so keep that in mind).

You dont need studies showing carbs are bad, just get basic info on the effects carbs have on the body and that you dont need 1000 freakin grams a day and let her read that. You both need to do a lot more research and i'm sure you can come to an adult conclusion. Good luck bro.
      "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
      Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
      alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
      Calvin Collidge (1872-1933)
      30th U.S. President

johnsonpride81@cyber-rights.com

viav2000 is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 249
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

do some cardio after the high carb dinner

prolangtum is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 239
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Un button you pants and relax on the couch after easter meal. I just make sure i fill up on meat first then go onto other stuff. I ate about a pound and a half of turkey and ham on Christmas day, then filled up on my abuelita's caramel Flan.
      I eat at least 6 times a day to build my body
      I pray at least 6 times a day to build my soul

Chemical Evolution
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

4th

muscle_n_blood is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 373
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

If you aren't deep in the throes of a precontest diet, just eat. Don't expect other people, especially mom, to understand what we are doing. In the long run, the stress of being at odds with your mom will hurt your progress worse than a day or two of less than pristeen eating. Your body will not grow while it's pissed off.
      Respect your Mom.
      There is no substitute for experience......

Mark Doormans is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 345
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

If he says his mom is an asshole, she might just be an asshole.

Respect must be earned. The fact that she gave birth to him, doesn't mean a thing to me. 'Every' women can fuck and 'every' women can give birth, but not all of them earn respect.

I've heard the bible says something like: 'Respect your father and mother' - well, fuck that. You just get your parents, like it or not. The fact that they gave life to you, should give them respect?

NO WAY !!

Just a note...

P.S. : I've got a very good relationship with my parents, b.t.w.

Kayak Jones is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 233
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Doorman's, you never got what you really wanted for Christmas did you?

CubanJuice
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Un button you pants and relax on the couch after easter meal. I just make sure i fill up on meat first then go onto other stuff. I ate about a pound and a half of turkey and ham on Christmas day, then filled up on my abuelita's caramel Flan.
      Abuelita's caramel flan ROCKS!!!!!

Carbs are not "bad" for you but they can seriously hinder your weight loss goals (specially high glisemic ones). Eating them after your workout is recommended to create a spike in insulin and put your body into a nutrient absorbing, anabolic state (insulin is a carrier hormone it takes your nutrients via bloodstream to your muscle and fat cells). If you eat too much and you have left overs after you fill your liver and your muscles and you are not active BANG! you store them as fat along with most of what you eat after that point.
      The biggest prove is the keto diet. I myself am in one and the results are great. When I eat carbs at night I just maintain my weight. I'm running in ketons now and the energy levels are higher than when eating carbs.

smalls is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Not to nitpick or anything cuz I see what your saying, but insulin is not really a carrying hormone. Insulin receptors or on cells so its actually the cell "opening" or becoming more accessible to nutrients, not insulin bringing glucose to the cells. Same difference.

You can lose fat with plenty of carbs in your diet, some people do that very well. And a lot of people also respond better to less carbs, I am one of them. I just try to disprove myths like "carbs make you fat", and "dont eat before bed, especially carbs, cuz you will not use it for energy." That being said, I dont eat carbs before bed, but only because I find that a better time to get even more EFA's, and fat in general in my diet.

Excess cals and not moving enough make you fat.
      "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
      Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
      alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
      Calvin Collidge (1872-1933)
      30th U.S. President

johnsonpride81@cyber-rights.com

CubanJuice
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by smalls
      [B]Not to nitpick or anything cuz I see what your saying, but insulin is not really a carrying hormone.

Ok let me explaing in a nitpicking manner what I meant by insulin carrying nutrients to the cell. You are absolutly right it bonds to insulin cell receptors telling the cell to absorb the nutrients, and it doesn't itself bond to glycogen and transports it. But it does increases the number of plasma membrane glucose transporters, thus being the first step on the process of glucose transport.

It may sound very poetic to say carbs don't make you fat... The real practical life shows that they do. Most obese people have a problem because they abuse carbohidrates. It's such an effective energy source that your body can simply store most of the other nutrients in the precense of abundant carbohydrates.
      Try eating a diet high in carbs and low in fats with medium to high proteins and no cardio and you'll see how much weight you'll lose (~1lb /mth), thus the popularity of a CKD diet due to its effectiveness.
      The only people I know that lose weight in high carbs and low fat are those with excessibly high metabolism and those who perforn an insane amount of cardio. Most of the time they have to deplete themselves of glycogen via cardio and lifting high reps before they can touch their fat stores. It makes more sense to bypass all of the suffering by reducing carb intake as much as possible all together doesn't it!?

Also the body's insulin sensitivity decreases slightly at night. If one eats carbs then more insulin is secreted to take care of the carbs and there is a greater chance for fat deposition. Since you don't use that much energy at night while sleeping, guess what? all excess glycogen will be stored as fat.

I also understand that you can't dismiss the golden rule that Cal intake-cal spent = your weigh loss of gain results, but the way your body handles different nutrients does make a great difference on you weigh loss gain results.

No wonder you don't eat carbs at night and respond better to lower carb diets... you know all of this already