• Join Us!
  • ASK A TRAINER: 'How Can You Tell if Someone is on Steroids?' lol
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ASK A TRAINER: 'How Can You Tell if Someone is on Steroids?' lol

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default ASK A TRAINER: 'How Can You Tell if Someone is on Steroids?' lol

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

ASK A TRAINER: 'How Can You Tell if Someone is on Steroids?'"I go to the gym with my buddy. He's been working out a little longer than I have and he's in great shape. It seems like whenever he sees someone in the gym that's bigger than he is, he automatically assumes the guy is on steroids. How can you tell if someone is on the juice?" - Pete M., Shorewood, WI
      Ah, the Steroid Cop, the guy at the gym that labels anyone that's more muscular than they are as a juicer. The Steroid Guy is as ubiquitous in gyms around the globe as dumbbells. (Another gym staple is Disclaimer Guy. You know the guy that prefaces each set with something like, "Ordinarily, I'd be able to bench twice this much, but my forearms are still sore from deadlifting 750 pounds yesterday.")
      There is no way to know for sure who is and who is not on steroids in your gym unless you personally inject them. Being human, we are all prone to speculate about the sordid details about the lives of strangers and, since that is our natural inclination, I've compiled a list of signs that someone MIGHT be on steroids.
      HOW TO IDENTIFY A POSSIBLE STEROID USER AT YOUR GYM:
      • Steroid Gut: You ever see those guys with huge arms, a huge chest, super broad back, and a 6-pack sitting on top of a distended stomach. Excessive use of human growth hormone can cause what is commonly referred to as 'roid gut. You know what's especially disconcerting about that? Not only is it not a good look for anybody but the belly is caused because growth hormone causes enlargement of your internal organs. I know your question was about steroids, specifically, but I think what your friend is getting at with his finger pointing is people who have achieved gains in the gym through artificial assistance and HGH certainly falls under that banner.
      • In women, a speaking voice that resembles a 12 year old boy whose voice is changing (like Peter Brady in the "Time to Change" episode of THE BRADY BUNCH) and, in men, the development of breast tissue. Excessive testosterone in the body causes it to react in strange ways. In women, the excess causes their voices to deepen. Since men already have tons of testosterone coursing through their bodies, the excess gets converted into estrogen. One of the possible side effects of this conversion is the development of female breast tissue. Interestingly, people often assume that 'roid rage is caused by testosterone, but its actually the result of too much estrogen. Essentially 'roid rage is like an extreme case of PMS.
      • Backne. Similar to what happens when the body is bombarded with hormones during puberty, steroid use can cause body acne.
      • The steroid glow. Steroid users' skin can take on a weird, reddish complexion, and it's not just the result of a spray tan.
      • Ask them. Ha ha! Just kidding. Even if you're able to get an answer without inciting 'roid rage, you aren't likely to get anyone to admit to using them. Steroid use is like watching professional wrestling in that there are considerably more people doing it than will ever admit to it publicly. (See photo.)
      So there you have it, Pete. Remember, that during your workouts you and your friend should be focused on your bodies and what you are doing. This list should be used to guide your discussion during the car ride home.

Read more about ASK A TRAINER: 'How Can You Tell if Someone is on Steroids?' - BWWFitnessWorld by fitness.broadwayworld.com
      "I go to the gym with my buddy. He's been working out a little longer than I have and he's in great shape. It seems like whenever he sees someone in the gym that's bigger than he is, he automatically assumes the guy is on steroids. How can you tell if someone is on the juice?" - Pete M., Shorewood, WI

Ah, the Steroid Cop, the guy at the gym that labels anyone that's more muscular than they are as a juicer. The Steroid Guy is as ubiquitous in gyms around the globe as dumbbells. (Another gym staple is Disclaimer Guy. You know the guy that prefaces each set with something like, "Ordinarily, I'd be able to bench twice this much, but my forearms are still sore from deadlifting 750 pounds yesterday.")

There is no way to know for sure who is and who is not on steroids in your gym unless you personally inject them. Being human, we are all prone to speculate about the sordid details about the lives of strangers and, since that is our natural inclination, I've compiled a list of signs that someone MIGHT be on steroids.

HOW TO IDENTIFY A POSSIBLE STEROID USER AT YOUR GYM:
      Steroid Gut: You ever see those guys with huge arms, a huge chest, super broad back, and a 6-pack sitting on top of a distended stomach. Excessive use of human growth hormone can cause what is commonly referred to as 'roid gut. You know what's especially disconcerting about that? Not only is it not a good look for anybody but the belly is caused because growth hormone causes enlargement of your internal organs. I know your question was about steroids, specifically, but I think what your friend is getting at with his finger pointing is people who have achieved gains in the gym through artificial assistance and HGH certainly falls under that banner.
      In women, a speaking voice that resembles a 12 year old boy whose voice is changing (like Peter Brady in the "Time to Change" episode of THE BRADY BUNCH) and, in men, the development of breast tissue. Excessive testosterone in the body causes it to react in strange ways. In women, the excess causes their voices to deepen. Since men already have tons of testosterone coursing through their bodies, the excess gets converted into estrogen. One of the possible side effects of this conversion is the development of female breast tissue. Interestingly, people often assume that 'roid rage is caused by testosterone, but its actually the result of too much estrogen. Essentially 'roid rage is like an extreme case of PMS.
      Backne. Similar to what happens when the body is bombarded with hormones during puberty, steroid use can cause body acne.
      The steroid glow. Steroid users' skin can take on a weird, reddish complexion, and it's not just the result of a spray tan.
      Ask them. Ha ha! Just kidding. Even if you're able to get an answer without inciting 'roid rage, you aren't likely to get anyone to admit to using them. Steroid use is like watching professional wrestling in that there are considerably more people doing it than will ever admit to it publicly. (See photo.)

So there you have it, Pete. Remember, that during your workouts you and your friend should be focused on your bodies and what you are doing. This list should be used to guide your discussion during the car ride home.

Read more about ASK A TRAINER: 'How Can You Tell if Someone is on Steroids?' - BWWFitnessWorld by fitness.broadwayworld.com

Read more about
      ASK A TRAINER: 'How Can You Tell if Someone is on Steroids?' - BWWFitnessWorld by fitness.broadwayworld.com
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

Arx International is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 129
      Overall activity: 7.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: ASK A TRAINER: 'How Can You Tell if Someone is on Steroids?' lol

Haha...nice post baby!
      If someone at the gym is bigger than me than they hafta be on AS!

guns01 is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 99.9%
      Achievements:
      Awards:
      Activity Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arx International View Post
      Haha...nice post baby!
      If someone at the gym is bigger than me than they hafta be on AS!
      yep you hit it on the head arx. that or if they look like they know what they are doing and arent fat, yep its the juice
      TGBSupplements REP

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Use code 'Baby1' for $5 off your order

Arx International is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 129
      Overall activity: 7.0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I hate to think everyone is on,but in reality almost everyone I know is on or has done multiple cycles!
      When I started decades ago my mentality was train hard,eat a lot and ill grow...that's all true but im not gonna be
      250lbs jacked and every tom dick and harry ask me what I do to get big...well yes they do!
      I don't think much has changed from years in the past...I just think its more acceptable and easier to obtain the products needed to get ur goals

Little BamBam is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 207
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      Achievements:
      Got three FriendsFirst 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

This is just about every guy at the gym just being jealous. And alot of people have done cycles of as or ph and look no different except being bloated cause they think its just miracle grow for muscles...about the roid gut could easily be less noticeable with the use of tummy vacumes like Arnold and other great BB of that time used to use.

GREENDRAGONS is offline FG Newbie
      Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

HAHAHA That's gr8. I know people just like that.