• Join Us!
  • High Fat/Protein, Low Carb Diet
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: High Fat/Protein, Low Carb Diet

sofargone561 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 535
      Overall activity: 10.0%
      Achievements:
      Got three FriendsFirst 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default High Fat/Protein, Low Carb Diet

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

read this first:
      The Holy Grail to successful bodybuilding competition dieting

Most important part of the article:

Total caloric intake equals 10 -- 15 calories/lb. of body wt. Men below 10% body fat and women below 15% body fat should figure on ingesting 14 – 15 calories per pound of weight.

Focus on Active Carbohydrates. Active carbohydrates = total carbohydrate grams – grams of fiber. Your active Carbohydrates should not exceed 25 grams per meal or 75 grams per day.

Protein Optimization. Ingest 25-50 grams of protein per meal. While protein is the best macro-nutrient to eat, there is some point where excess may exceed elimination capacity and some nitrogen may be converted to sugar and either burned for energy at the expense of stored body fat or simply stored as excess body fat.

Dietary Fats Can Burn Body fat Your diet must have a greater emphasis on Omega 3 and Mono Unsaturated fats such as flaxseed, safflower and olive oil. (These are found as well in Beverly Ultra Size). Place less emphasis on saturated fats, cream and beef.

Carbohydrate load every 3rd then 4th day. A high carbohydrate meal every fourth day refuels muscle and liver glycogen (storage form for glucose) stores, prevents any decline in metabolism, via thyroid-3 level suppression and facilitates muscular growth by increasing uptake of amino acids. This infrequent high carbohydrate meal should drive IGF insulin-like growth factors, optimizing the anabolic effect of insulin, while minimizing its lipogenic (fat-producing) effect.

Induce Thermogenesis
      Tracy Beckham sure doesn’t exhibit the drawn face, muscle loss or lack of energy that the typical proponent of a low carb diet suffers from. The fact is the Beverly support nutrients actually make her vibrant!

Some foods may increase a mild metabolic increasing effect, a thermogenic effect, causing your body to burn more fat. Fruits in this category include apples, blueberries, grapefruit, peaches and strawberries. Some vegetables include asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, celery, onions, radishes, spinach and tomatoes. Almost all proteins have a desirable thermogenic effect except proteins high in fat, lunchmeats, and processed proteins. Unfortunately, as well, most single species protein powders such as whey concentrates and whey isolates also do NOT have much desirable thermogenic action. It could be almost a tragedy that many bodybuilders’ fat loss efforts have been thwarted by mistakenly using a single species whey protein. Single species protein is assimilated so quickly that it is often burned as fuel inhibiting the burning of your stored body fat.

What to eat
      I. Proteins—Chicken, tuna, fish, turkey breast, lean beef, egg whites, whole eggs, protein powder.

II. Complex (Natural) & low glycemic Carbohydrates —This is a risky area. A complex carbohydrate is one that can be fully utilized by the body to be burned as energy. Some good examples sweet potatoes, brown rice, Old fashioned oatmeal.

III. Fresh Fruits - Apples, berries, grapefruit, strawberries.

IV. Non - Starchy Vegetables: asparagus, green beans, cabbage (all varieties), cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, kale, lettuce (all varieties), onions, peppers (green, red, jalapeno, etc.), radishes, spinach, string beans, tomatoes, water chestnuts and zucchini.

V. "Healthy" Fats and Oils: Flax seed oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, walnut oil, olive oil, almonds, Brazil nuts, filberts, pecans, pine nuts, walnuts, heavy cream, real butter, and lecithin granules.

My own notes....

No sugar! In any form or at any time, including post-workout. This means, except for what I posted above, no milk products, fruit, breads, condiments such as ketchup or dressing, etc.

Eat every 3 hrs, 6 meals a day

Protein can still be turned into sugar w/o fat or fibre in the same meal...make sure you eat it together.

Take your required daily protein intake and split it evenly between 6 meals

Eat approx 15 g fat at each meal...keep in mind the fat will prevent gluconeogenisis, so it needs to be high enough to do this, but you still need to be slightly lower than maintenance for daily calories. For example, You may need 17-18 g fat if you are a huge male bb, but only 15 if you are a smaller female bb.

Carbs...you generally have two options...keep you daily carbs low, under 45 males, under 30 females and do a bi-weekly carb up or get 60-80 grams carbs (slow-burning, as above) a day w/ no carb up.

A carb-up (twice weekly) consists of Old fashioned oats (1-2 cups, depending on body size), 6-8 oz sweet potato, 2 cups veggies, 1/2-1 banana & 1 tbsp fat in your last meal of the day.

You must drink an insane amount of water...I'm at 6+ litres a day.

You can have up to two cups of veggies w/ your meals
      I never meant to be better than anyone, I was just born that way. Its hard being a god amongst peasants!

sensitivenips is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: High Fat/Protein, Low Carb Diet

this is awesome, short on time though so i gotta come back to finish reading this article. great post so far sofar...get it? "so"..."far"..."sofar" ....i cant help that i am so cool.

sofargone561 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 535
      Overall activity: 10.0%
      Achievements:
      Got three FriendsFirst 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: High Fat/Protein, Low Carb Diet

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

lol thnks brother and i do that all the time, ill say so far and go hey look my name lol
      I never meant to be better than anyone, I was just born that way. Its hard being a god amongst peasants!