• Join Us!
  • 23 Executive Actions in Gun Violence
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 23 Executive Actions in Gun Violence

sensitivenips is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default 23 Executive Actions in Gun Violence

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Full List of 23 Executive Actions in Gun Violence Reduction Measures

At President Obama’s announcement on new steps to be taken in an effort to control gun violence in the U.S., the president will sign measures which will initiate 23 separate executive actions on gun violence.

FACT SHEET: Get Full Details on Obama’s Plan

It’s important to note that not each one is actually an executive order or presidential memorandum.

The Office of the Press Secretary sent out the following list of all 23 executive actions.

Today, the President is announcing that he and the Administration will:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

MORE FROM THE GUN VIOLENCE EVENT:
      TRANSCRIPT: Read Obama, Biden’s Remarks on Gun Control Proposals
      VIDEO: Obama Reads Letters From Kids at WH Event
      WATCH: President Obama Lays Out Gun Control Measures, Addresses Sandy Hook Victims’ Loved Ones
      5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Source: READ: Full List of 23 Executive Actions in Gun Violence Reduction Measures | Fox News Insider

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: 23 Executive Actions in Gun Violence

#9 is the only one on here thats worth a damn. #16 wouldnt matter if it wasnt for #17, but bc of #17 #16 now SUCKS!

i love some of the stupid shit our guvment officials put out there. look at #15, our guvment is going to "challenege" the private sector. the private sector will utilize new technologies for new developments if theres a market for it, not bc the guvment is "challening" them to do it. lol, and how is that going to assist with preventing gun violence? what, is the next kid who feels like shooting up a public place going to stumble with his weapon "oh shit, these new safety features has me all ****ed up, and now i cant kill a bunch of people before they run off in a scatter." i feel like the president just through that one in there.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

lastly if you google this topic, you'll find most media outlets have this topic listed as "executive order" as opposed to executive action, and heres the funny part about this, #1 is noted as a "presidential memorandum," a presidential memorandum is not the same as an executive order, in fact it holds less weight than a executive order. most people dont know that, and if you did then you would be saying to yourself all confused like "i thought this was an executive order?"

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

WHAT ABOUT WHERE IT SAYS IN THE CONSTITUTION "SHALL NOT INFRINGE UPON THESE RIGHTS" ???

DOES HE READ THE SAME ONE AS WE DO? DAMN OSLAMMA!

I WAS TALKING TO A SALESMAN AT GANDER MOUNTAIN THE OTHER DAY AND HE SAID ANY RIFLE OVER 30" AND SEMI AUTOMATIC WILL BE BANNED. THIS WILL INCLUDE MY DAUGHTERS 22!! HOW CRAZY IS THAT?
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

sofargone561 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 535
      Overall activity: 10.0%
      Achievements:
      Got three FriendsFirst 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

****ing bullshit

exphys88 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
      Overall activity: 19.0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by O2BESOHUGE View Post
      WHAT ABOUT WHERE IT SAYS IN THE CONSTITUTION "SHALL NOT INFRINGE UPON THESE RIGHTS" ???

DOES HE READ THE SAME ONE AS WE DO? DAMN OSLAMMA!

I WAS TALKING TO A SALESMAN AT GANDER MOUNTAIN THE OTHER DAY AND HE SAID ANY RIFLE OVER 30" AND SEMI AUTOMATIC WILL BE BANNED. THIS WILL INCLUDE MY DAUGHTERS 22!! HOW CRAZY IS THAT?
      Did he have a reason to believe this? Hope he's just spreading bad info, because that's ridiculous.

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by sensitivenips View Post
      #9 is the only one on here thats worth a damn. #16 wouldnt matter if it wasnt for #17, but bc of #17 #16 now SUCKS!

i love some of the stupid shit our guvment officials put out there. look at #15, our guvment is going to "challenege" the private sector. the private sector will utilize new technologies for new developments if theres a market for it, not bc the guvment is "challening" them to do it. lol, and how is that going to assist with preventing gun violence? what, is the next kid who feels like shooting up a public place going to stumble with his weapon "oh shit, these new safety features has me all ****ed up, and now i cant kill a bunch of people before they run off in a scatter." i feel like the president just through that one in there.
      Actually #16 on its own is not good, but with 17 it is definitely worse. The intent I believe for 16 is to get doctors to report patients that they believe shouldn't have a gun. Also, a lot of this is being tied to the healthcare system I believe because of Cass Sunstein. That guy is a dangerous man with a lot of power and the ear of the president. A few years ago he wrote about how he could use the healthcare system to ban guns by making the Affordable Care Act not insure gun owners, or something along those lines. Basically, if you needed government insurance and you owned a weapon you would not be covered. I admit I thought he signed 23 Executive Orders but I hadn't had the time to read up on them the last couple days since they were released. Still, it's not good regardless of what type of executive action or order they are. He will try everything to force a vote in favor of a ban on assault rifles and probably high capacity magazines too. Remember how he passed the healthcare act unconstitutionally by having a 51 to 49 majority instead of 60. I can see him trying the same thing here. I'd say we are going to have quite a show to watch and a lot of corruption going on to force it down our throats.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.