• Join Us!
  • want to start hunting, so im making a hunting discussion thread (anything hunting related)
  • want to start hunting, so im making a hunting discussion thread (anything hunting related)
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want to start hunting, so im making a hunting discussion thread (anything hunting related)

sofargone561 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 535
      Overall activity: 10.0%
      Achievements:
      Got three FriendsFirst 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default want to start hunting, so im making a hunting discussion thread (anything hunting related)

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

as the tittle says i am thinking about getting into hunting. feel free to post about anything hunting related. gear, guns, ammo, game the whole nine. I have never hunted before. I am a city guy from FL so i dont have many places to hunt lol. or any hunting gear lol. it will be a while before i get into hunting though because with all this gun ban talk i will be buying a mini-14, ar-15 and an ak before i buy any shotguns or rifles.

AmericanViking is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: want to start hunting, so im making a hunting discussion thread (anything hunting related)

Being a non-hunter myself, my question to you is why do you want to hunt?
      I'm not opposed to guns or hunting at all. I just don't desire to kill animals.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: want to start hunting, so im making a hunting discussion thread (anything hunting related)

^ i dont desire to kill them either. i only want to kill what i can eat. i just want to get into something different. ever since i dropped all my friends and changed my lifestyle i literally have nothing to do. i like along time. i think something like hunting will be good for me.

AmericanViking is offline Platinum
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Understood. No problem with ethical hunting at all. My problem is with a$$holes who just like to shoot animals and leave them lay or think If its a sport. If you have spare time and are going to spend a lot money on equipment anyway, why not consider nature photography? You can still get outdoors, spend time alone, and enjoy nature.

I'm not trying to talk you out of hunting at all man. Just offering a different perspective. I don't have what it takes to end another creature's life. I have guns and spend a lot of time outdoors.

guns01 is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Overall activity: 99.9%
      Achievements:
      Awards:
      Activity Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i used to hunt every season. we kept our freezer stocked with game when i was growing up. i just dont have the same fondness for the taste anymore so i dont really do a whole lot of hunting unless a friend wants extra meat. i was brought up to believe that if you werent going to eat it then you dont take it. that simple.

as for hunting:
      if you arent a patient person by nature then it is going to be a rough start up lol. i say that cause a lot of people cant sit still for hours and hours with the chance of not seeing anything.
      if you dont like cold weather (depending on location) it is going to be an even more miserable experience for you
      now the positives of hunting are:
      you get to sit outside by yourself and enjoy the peace and quiet.
      you can get some really quality meat for the cost you spend on ammo and gear

i would make guns and equipment suggestions to you but i really dont know the location that you are looking at hunting in so it would be hard to make any suggestions

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanViking View Post
      Understood. No problem with ethical hunting at all. My problem is with a$$holes who just like to shoot animals and leave them lay or think If its a sport. If you have spare time and are going to spend a lot money on equipment anyway, why not consider nature photography? You can still get outdoors, spend time alone, and enjoy nature.

I'm not trying to talk you out of hunting at all man. Just offering a different perspective. I don't have what it takes to end another creature's life. I have guns and spend a lot of time outdoors.
      not me sir i have a love for nature and animals the only time i would kill one without doing it for food is if myself or another was in danger of being killed by it. otherwise i am doing it for sport yes but i plan on eating anything i kill. nature photography is something i would consider taking up.

Quote Originally Posted by guns01 View Post
      i used to hunt every season. we kept our freezer stocked with game when i was growing up. i just dont have the same fondness for the taste anymore so i dont really do a whole lot of hunting unless a friend wants extra meat. i was brought up to believe that if you werent going to eat it then you dont take it. that simple.

as for hunting:
      if you arent a patient person by nature then it is going to be a rough start up lol. i say that cause a lot of people cant sit still for hours and hours with the chance of not seeing anything.
      if you dont like cold weather (depending on location) it is going to be an even more miserable experience for you
      now the positives of hunting are:
      you get to sit outside by yourself and enjoy the peace and quiet.
      you can get some really quality meat for the cost you spend on ammo and gear

i would make guns and equipment suggestions to you but i really dont know the location that you are looking at hunting in so it would be hard to make any suggestions
      i dont mind cold weather in fact i quite enjoy it. as for patients i am not the most patien person but im very good at adapting and doing what i need to in order to get done.

one of the things i am looking forward to is either quality alone time just me and the earth and animals around me aor good bonding time with friends and family.

my only issue is there. I have no idea how to skin, or dress any animal and as stated above i would not kill it unless i was going to eat it so im stuck there lol

BIGMOFO is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 31.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i teach my boys if you kill it you eat it! we kill a few snakes and things to keep pets and folks safe but other than that its all good

ATTITUDES ARE CONTAGIOUS, MINE MIGHT KILL YOU!

"Goals are Dreams with Deadlines!"

Note: All of my advice and posts are merely for educational purposes I do not condone the use of steroids or any other illegal drugs. I am no doctor and my advice should be taken with a grain of salt, just like everyone else's hypothetical advice.

mfdvr is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Great choice! I took up hunting at age 32 after moving away from the city and have not looked back, that was 5 years ago. You will experience nature like never before. When was the last time you just sat in the woods quietly for hours on end? It is a beauty to watch the sun come up, the animals come to life and go about their day. You can watch for hours without seeing your prey, sure, but you see so much in the meantime. When you do get your first buck (or whatever) the feeling is amazing. My heart pounded for 10 minutes. Then I fed my family with healthy, organic meat that I provided. I love the time alone and quiet, as a father of three, that doesn't happen too often. Have fun!

gdl is offline *BANNED*
      Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 140
      Overall activity: 5.0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Simple..all you need is a good hog dog and a sharp knife......dinner for everyone...and some think hunting is cruel..untill wild hogs ruin your property is 10 min

wutlisstrice is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 178
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level

them wild hogs is some good eating they lean as a mofo

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by mfdvr View Post
      Great choice! I took up hunting at age 32 after moving away from the city and have not looked back, that was 5 years ago. You will experience nature like never before. When was the last time you just sat in the woods quietly for hours on end? It is a beauty to watch the sun come up, the animals come to life and go about their day. You can watch for hours without seeing your prey, sure, but you see so much in the meantime. When you do get your first buck (or whatever) the feeling is amazing. My heart pounded for 10 minutes. Then I fed my family with healthy, organic meat that I provided. I love the time alone and quiet, as a father of three, that doesn't happen too often. Have fun!
      sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by *** View Post
      Simple..all you need is a good hog dog and a sharp knife......dinner for everyone...and some think hunting is cruel..untill wild hogs ruin your property is 10 min
      cant get a hog dog right now. once i get a better job i can. i live in a small apartment and already have a dog so thats a no go. and i dont think hunting is cruel as long as you use what you kill and dont overtake.

Quote Originally Posted by wutlisstrice View Post
      ive heard ive never had it though

BIGMOFO is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 31.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by wutlisstrice View Post
      umm this mofo aint lean

ATTITUDES ARE CONTAGIOUS, MINE MIGHT KILL YOU!

"Goals are Dreams with Deadlines!"

Note: All of my advice and posts are merely for educational purposes I do not condone the use of steroids or any other illegal drugs. I am no doctor and my advice should be taken with a grain of salt, just like everyone else's hypothetical advice.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

^ LOL

bronco is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by sofargone561 View Post
      as the tittle says i am thinking about getting into hunting. feel free to post about anything hunting related. gear, guns, ammo, game the whole nine. I have never hunted before. I am a city guy from FL so i dont have many places to hunt lol. or any hunting gear lol. it will be a while before i get into hunting though because with all this gun ban talk i will be buying a mini-14, ar-15 and an ak before i buy any shotguns or rifles.
      Do you have any friends or family that does hunt? My advice would be to get with someone that is experianced and learn from them. I was fortunate enough to have my dad teach me, and have been hunting all my life.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

i dont really have any friends, i dont like or trust most people. i stick to myself. as far as family i dont think i have any that hunt but its something i will have to look into and yes learning from someone you know is always a good thing