The sport of bodybuilding is an incredible science. The knowledge available today is
available through years of trial and error. I would not have been an eight time Mr. Olympia without the information on training and nutrition handed down by the past Bodybuilding legends such as Arnold, Sergio, Franco, Zane, Platz, Wayne, Beckles, Robby Robinson, and more. Without sounding like a Rocket scientist, I'll try to explain a simple way of adding muscle mass using a tried and true eating plan that's been passed down from one great bodybuilder to the next.

The formula simply goes 30% protein, 55-60% carbohydrates, and
10-15% fat. Keeping in mind that this plan is for mass building only.

Before getting started we must first determine the body type of the individual.
I recommend a caloric base of 10-12 calories per pound of body weight for the endomorph and for the ectomorph a base of 15-17 calories per pound of body weight.

Example: A person weighting 200 lbs (endomorph) needs approximately 2000 calories for their basil metabolic rate. Once that's been established, we must then add additional calories while weight training (1 ½ vigorous weight training = approximately 1000 calories). We then add that figure to the 2000 (B.M.R) (2,000+1000= 3,000 calories). After establishing this figure we must then increase the sum of 3,000 by 500 calories more. Why 500 more? By adding 500 calories more to the daily caloric intake will give us a total of 3,500 calories within 7 days, which equals 1lb.

Totals Calorie intake for an individual weighing 200 lbs (endomorph) goes as follow: 2,000 calories (B.M.R), 1,000 Calories 1 ½ weight training, 500 additional per day for mass building, 3,500 total calories.

Now that we've determined the needs for the caloric intake, lets use the mass formula for the proper ratio of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
At 3,500 calories the ratio breaks down as such:
• 3,500* 30% protein = 1,050. Cal/4 grams of protein = 262 grams of protein.
• 3,500* 55% carbohydrates = 1,925. Calories/4grams of carbs = 481 grams if carbs.
• 3,500* 15% fats = 525 = calories/9grams of fat = 58 grams of fat.