This article issponsored in part by TheChivas Brotherhood. AskMen & The ChivasBrotherhood's Man To Man features are designed to give readers insights into theexperiences and wisdom that have shaped our top writers' passions for their areas ofspecialty. To get access to more insider information as well as exclusive access toinvitation-only events and Scotch tastings, Join The Brotherhood Now -- you won't regret it.I’ve been there. Four different credit card bills came in the mail each month:Visa, American Express, Best Buy (because they gave me a 10% discount when I bought 3CDs), and Sears. Their balances only added up to a couple of thousand dollars each, andmaking the minimum payment wasn’t so bad. Then the transmission blew in my car and Ihad no emergency fund to pay for it.So I put that on the creditcard. I was lazy so I would routinely pay late and then get dinged with a $35 latefee. Then the card companies would jack up my interest rate. Somewhere the invisible elvesthat kept track of my credit score were shaking the heads and "tsk-tsk-ing" as my chancesof ever getting a mortgage in the future were plummeting. Soon I was paying more eachmonth on interest, late fees, annual charges, and ATM cash advance fees than I was for myrent.So just like the former high-school quarterback who looks down andnotices that his belly fat is obscuring the nether half of his torso, I knew it was timeto do something. It was time to get back in shape. “If only I knewthen,” I sometimes think. If only I knew the following 10 things about money when Iwas 18 I could have avoided that whole mess.
Continue Reading

https://www.askmen.com/top_10/money/ten-things-i-wish-i-knew-about-money-when-i-was-18.html ]More...[/url]