• Join Us!
  • My new bodypart split. What do you think?
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: My new bodypart split. What do you think?

Mike P.T. is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 283
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default My new bodypart split. What do you think?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Previous split was a push, pull, leg day system. 3 times a week with no cardio. This will by new one and it is still geared towards maximum recuperation. My tri's might be a little sore the next day after working chest and shoulders but it's all good since I have a full 6 days of rest before hitting chest again anyway and my tri's are one of my stronger, better bodyparts that recover really fast.

Monday - off
      Tuesday - back, biceps, forearms
      Wednesday - abs, cardio, calves
      Thursday - off
      Friday - chest, shoulders
      Saturday - triceps
      Sunday - quads, hams(Usually I let deadlifits take care of this for the hams as I rarely ever do leg curls.), cardio
      Being defeated is sometimes only a temporary condition. Giving up, makes it permanent......

It takes alot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there's no real security in what's no longer meaningful. There's more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life and in change there is power......

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step......

Pain is weakness leaving the body......

"When it comes to trusting people the only thing I know is that I don't know......"

"Fuck what everyone else thinks. Follow your own way and only then will you have the potential to lead to greatness......"

"Aim for perfection because even though it will never be achieved, the constant pursuit keeps us from settling and always makes us strive for more......"

gearedup
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Hmmm... different I have never worked forearms never seemed to need to they grow enough doing other exercises!

Isnt it hard for you to hit chest and shoulders in the same workout? Everytimne I try I can only do a little and minimal presses!

I would do it like this!
      Day 1 - Chest/light tris/rear and side delts (The front gets hit from doing chest I dont do any presses this day)
      Day 2- Back/light biceps (sometimes throw bis in there lightly)
      Day 3 - legs
      Day 4 - Off Usually some abs and calves
      Day 5 - Shoulders
      Day 6 - Arms
      Day 7 - off

That is what I was doing before my break I usually do what isnt sore I dont plan that much just hit it hard and dont train stuff that is to sore! For instance if my chest is still sore I usually wont do shoulders!

Mike P.T. is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 283
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Good routine bro.

That's why for delts I hardly ever do any extra presses since they get so much stimulation like you said from working chest. I focus completely on my side heads and might do some lighter presses after working my side caps. Rear delts I do on back day since essentially hitting the rear delts also hits the rhomboids and mid trapezius which are back muscles. Same with traps I do them on back day. As for doing light bi's and some light tri's. I may try that once I'm on a cycle but being natural right now I want to concentrate as much on stimulating my type-IIA and IIB towards building as much muscle as possible so a light day is out of the question for now as it might interfere with recovery and might gear my type-IIA muscle fibers more towards endurance as well.

LOL now can you imagine I used to do chest, shoulders and tri's all in one day. Still made good improvements. I have well developed delts, tris, and a pretty good chest as well. Genetics helps of course. hehehe that's why I have 18 inch calves untrained. Now I am going to do calves as well they will get stimulation from the light jogging I do on cardio days but usually during winter I never train them at all.
      Being defeated is sometimes only a temporary condition. Giving up, makes it permanent......

It takes alot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there's no real security in what's no longer meaningful. There's more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life and in change there is power......

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step......

Pain is weakness leaving the body......

"When it comes to trusting people the only thing I know is that I don't know......"

"Fuck what everyone else thinks. Follow your own way and only then will you have the potential to lead to greatness......"

"Aim for perfection because even though it will never be achieved, the constant pursuit keeps us from settling and always makes us strive for more......"

gearedup
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

That is good bro! I have a hard time being at the gym for to long at once! If you have the time to go twice in one day it is great maybe whne you get on cycle try it and the gains are amazing you can hit every bodypart twice a week but you will constantly have something sore!

For instance I would do chest really hard then drink a shake and relax for a while thne when I was relaxed I would go back and hit shoulders hard so I would exhaust both of the muscle gropus on the same day and have more strength for my lifts! Time is the only thing that keeps you from being able to do it though!

usaa31u
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

good ideas here

TrenFreak3
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I like to seperate arms and chest to a full day themselves, but thats just me, IMO you do what works for you. Everyone is different in how they grow, ect. Just check out different stuff and you will find out what works for u.