• Join Us!
  • a few targets
  • a few targets
  • a few targets
  • a few targets
  • a few targets
  • a few targets
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: a few targets

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default a few targets

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • a few targets
      • a few targets

• a few targets
      • a few targets
      • a few targets
      • a few targets
      • a few targets
      • a few targets
      a few targets
      This rainy weather we've had has been terrible for work, but it gave me a chance to get up to the camp and throw a few rounds with my new G19.

Every mag was fired at a pretty decent pace. I'm guessing that's the only reason my friend acted so impressed, because, there ain't nothin impressive about this. But...it's the 1st mag that was ever shot.

and the 2nd:

I mainly wanted to see how the gun felt, shot, and functioned.
      I love the trigger on the Glock. It is sweet. It has such a sweet break with no, and I mean absolutely no, mushy, variation, or grittyness. The trigger is listed at 5.5lbs. I would've guessed it to be about 4lbs, at the most.

Still firing about twice the pace that I'm most accurate at, but the Glock was proving to live up to the reports of accuracy everywhere ya read and hear. but...it is an accurate piece. It will hit POA. period.
      Now I can't wait to go when I have some time. So I can relax and shoot for accuracy, and really go through some rounds. I only got to go through 2-in-a-half boxes(125rds). not hard to do firing 15rds per mag @ semi-rapid fire. My friend was wanting me to sight in a couple of his rifles. A couple of badass rifles at that, so we had some fun shooting those which forced me to have to squeeze in my Glock time.
      Next time. It'll be on. I'm putting, at least, 250rds through this thing. And hopefully have some decent targets to post up.

Oh, I almost forgot. One thing that surprised me about hitting at the speed I was squeezing them off. The recovery for follow-up shots with the G19 must be the answer to that riddle. Because I've never shot a brand new piece like that right out of the gate. (not saying that's great shooting) I'm just saying. With the Glock being such a different platform than I'm used-to, e.g. feel, trigger. I would've thought it would take time to get a feel for before grouping half decent.

So...I'm ready for the next outing! I'm ready for some cooler weather!!!
      I'm tired of feeling like I've entered this dude's room.lol...
      1 up

Go Gators

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      Overall activity: 0%
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Re: a few targets

I'd venture to say you're shooting left. Lol. Good shooting though.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      I'd venture to say you're shooting left. Lol. Good shooting though.
      yes. pullin some on the 1st couple mags. 1st time I pulled a G19 trigger. It took a some pullin to learn the breaking-point. Then I started to squeeeeze.

We can have ourselves a little shoot-off.lol..."shoot-off"lol

More like
      1 up

Go Gators

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      yes. pullin some on the 1st couple mags. 1st time I pulled a G19 trigger. It took a some pullin to learn the breaking-point. Then I started to squeeeeze.

We can have ourselves a little shoot-off.lol..."shoot-off"lol

More like
      I'd like to have a shoot off with you. I'd like to shoot a Glock to see how it compares to my XDM 9mm. You know how pleased I am with that gun. If Glock would just make a darn ambi mag release I'd buy one.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

a few targets
      Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      I'd like to have a shoot off with you. I'd like to shoot a Glock to see how it compares to my XDM 9mm. You know how pleased I am with that gun. If Glock would just make a darn ambi mag release I'd buy one.
      Come out to the Emerald Coast, while it's still something nice to enjoy.
      Then again, Vegas would be nice for a long weekend. A shoot-off...My wife would be like, 'you can come up with something better than that..."lol

I wish we were in closer proximity. I know one thing's for sure. Ammunition would become a monthly bill. That's a good thing. a blast, it would be! You gotta really go through some rounds of 9mm for it to get the slightest of costly though.($50 gets ya 250 Federal FMJ) and one of the LGS always has a bulk sale.
      But, none of my friends will really get competitive. All 3 that I've taken with me. Only the trusted though.

I'm gonna shoot the Glock lefty next time I go, which might be next weekend.
      I was just holding it lefty to see where the mag release would be.
      Here. I'll just show ya.
      dayum...and half-an-hr later...

I hope that didn't blind anyone.
      But, as you see. The mag release isn't in your way. I tried it with my finger on the trigger as well, and it doesn't even touch the button. What's nice about the mag release on these guns is it has to really be pressed to drop the mag. I really like this because of accidental mag releases during a session with certain guns. That's never fun. It would be difficult with this one because of the need for a very deliberate press to free the mag.
      ...dude!..I just operated it full lefty...useing the bird-finger like we were talking about. I want another one to dual-wield.lol...nah, but really. Get to a range that will rent you a Glock, and watch how fast you get used to useing your middle finger. And, how much faster it is to operate it that way than with your thumb.
      2 things. I bet you won't have an accidental mag release. Not even close. It ain't happenin.
      2nd. I bet you'll dig the fast lefty operation. You'll see what I mean by the way you have to press the mag release.
      1 up

Go Gators

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

a few targets
      Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      Come out to the Emerald Coast, while it's still something nice to enjoy.
      Then again, Vegas would be nice for a long weekend. A shoot-off...My wife would be like, 'you can come up with something better than that..."lol

I wish we were in closer proximity. I know one thing's for sure. Ammunition would become a monthly bill. That's a good thing. a blast, it would be! You gotta really go through some rounds of 9mm for it to get the slightest of costly though.($50 gets ya 250 Federal FMJ) and one of the LGS always has a bulk sale.
      But, none of my friends will really get competitive. All 3 that I've taken with me. Only the trusted though.

I'm gonna shoot the Glock lefty next time I go, which might be next weekend.
      I was just holding it lefty to see where the mag release would be.
      Here. I'll just show ya.
      dayum...and half-an-hr later...

I hope that didn't blind anyone.
      But, as you see. The mag release isn't in your way. I tried it with my finger on the trigger as well, and it doesn't even touch the button. What's nice about the mag release on these guns is it has to really be pressed to drop the mag. I really like this because of accidental mag releases during a session with certain guns. That's never fun. It would be difficult with this one because of the need for a very deliberate press to free the mag.
      ...dude!..I just operated it full lefty...useing the bird-finger like we were talking about. I want another one to dual-wield.lol...nah, but really. Get to a range that will rent you a Glock, and watch how fast you get used to useing your middle finger. And, how much faster it is to operate it that way than with your thumb.
      2 things. I bet you won't have an accidental mag release. Not even close. It ain't happenin.
      2nd. I bet you'll dig the fast lefty operation. You'll see what I mean by the way you have to press the mag release.
      I may pick one up next week when I get my AR or order one.

jipped genes is online now VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • a few targets
      • a few targets

• a few targets
      • a few targets
      • a few targets
      • a few targets
      • a few targets
      • a few targets
      thats a helluva deal on 9mm. i love glocks. you can mod them so easily and make them even more effective
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe