• Join Us!
  • Feds cut key rate to 0.00%-0.25%
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feds cut key rate to 0.00%-0.25%

Stout1 is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 62
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Feds cut key rate to 0.00%-0.25%

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Fed cuts target for key rate to record low

ASSOCIATED PRESS
      12/16/2008

WASHINGTON — The Federal Reserve has cut its target for a key interest rate to the lowest level on record and pledged to use “all available tools” to combat a severe financial crisis and prolonged recession.

The central bank says it reduced the federal funds rate, the interest that banks charge each other, to a range of zero to 0.25 percent. That is down from the 1 percent target rate in effect since the last meeting in October.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and his colleagues also pledged to use “all available tools” as they struggle to contain a financial crisis that is the worst since the 1930s and a recession that is already the longest in a quarter-centur
      Thomas Jefferson - "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Feds cut key rate to 0.00%-0.25%

that is part of it,

obies plans are leaking out

so far all of his appointments are well liked

today, in the markets they basically leaded that mortgages will be going too 4.5% for most anyone, plus, for those that need a workout, it will be worked out banks will eat the hit, home builders are building less homes each month,

they are leaking out the plan, it is very simple plan, we have x of supply, we are doing this for present homeowners now, all future homeowners get 4.5% and excess supply should come in balance by y

problems right now is alt a - loans and teaser rate arms are coming due, and these are out of whack and foreclosures were going too skyrocket is nothing is done

so, now, they laid it out in a simple math way, everyone on wall street understand simple math, thus, the insecurity of HOW they will solve this is liked by all

which is basically lower rates for all too refi to present income levels, screw the value, u banks will eat it, tough dookie, you would eat it anyways and we are saving your arses

so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we finally have a KISS answer to the mess from the government

if all problems get a kiss treatment, and he rides hell on discipline

market is going too pahtay

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
      that is part of it,

obies plans are leaking out

so far all of his appointments are well liked
      Obama's plans? Which ones are leaking out? Please point me in the right direction as I haven't yet seen any of HIS plans being implemented yet and to go one step further he is already back pedaling on key promises.

His appointments are well liked? By who? The maid stream media? I thought Obama is part of the "CHANGE" movement?

Please read this link and tell me how this is change and how we (as a nation) voted him in to "change" things but he is part of the old boy network and just reappointed everyone with the same old line of thinking that got us in this mess

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...120502602.html

today, in the markets they basically leaded that mortgages will be going too 4.5% for most anyone, plus, for those that need a workout, it will be worked out banks will eat the hit, home builders are building less homes each month,

they are leaking out the plan, it is very simple plan, we have x of supply, we are doing this for present homeowners now, all future homeowners get 4.5% and excess supply should come in balance by y

problems right now is alt a - loans and teaser rate arms are coming due, and these are out of whack and foreclosures were going too skyrocket is nothing is done
      I'm in the housing industry so I see this first hand and let me tell you that this "bailout" for mortgages haven't done shit. So far we have an overabundance of people applying but they are all "800" borrowers. People that don't need the help and are shopping the **** out of lenders to lower their 6% to 4.5%.

To go one step further over HALF of the people that were in default with their CURRENT lender that got a re work on their mortgage are already back in the red again.

If you think rates of 4.5% are going to bring the balance back your missing something that i mentioned that the only people being helped by this are the already well off. We need jobs and a cash flow to get these people to qualify for low rates. The only people applying right now don't even need the help so how does it help to take someone that is and most likely nevel will be behind in their payments and lower it again?

You've missed the boat. Foreclosures have already skyrocketed a long time ago. 1 out of every 10 homes are in foreclosure or behind. No new lenders can help them only current lenders and if you think that banks are going to EAT this loss you're receiving wrong information.

What banks are doing is RESTRUCTURING loans to help ease the payments, they are NOT foregiving money. So if you owe 250,000 on a 200,000 home the bank isn't going to just EAT the 50,000 so your bank even they are going to extend payments and lower rates, not "give money away". That's wrong if you think banks are going to just give money away, maybe Obama supporters might think that but in real world that doesn't happen.

so, now, they laid it out in a simple math way, everyone on wall street understand simple math, thus, the insecurity of HOW they will solve this is liked by all

which is basically lower rates for all too refi to present income levels, screw the value, u banks will eat it, tough dookie, you would eat it anyways and we are saving your arses

so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we finally have a KISS answer to the mess from the government

if all problems get a kiss treatment, and he rides hell on discipline

market is going too pahtay
      Simple math? Where is this simple? It sounds nice and pretty 4.5% mortgage rates, freakign great but if there is NO economy or money to buy the homes then what good does it do?

You only get a refinance with a current lender if you are in default there is no such thing as refinancing to "current income levels". What happens if there is little to no income? Most mortgages are so deliquent they can't even be saved!

Screw the value? lol This is another Obama follower notion to think that now he's in "power" or will be there will be handouts. You're mistaken. All homes that either get purchased or refinanced have to go through the appraisal process and if the home or current mortgages are over what current market value is your out of luck. There is no obama going to fix my mortgage because I lost value.

The only way I know of that a home does NOT have to go thru an appraisal is with a CURRENT lender and you're behind in payments and not all of them do this nor have I ever heard that they give you instant equity in your home that you lost in this market. Once again there are no handouts.
      Thomas Jefferson - "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i dont know man...i'm 2mo's behind and aint nobody showed me shyty for help. they wont even roll 2 payments back!! if they (my motgage company) have some way to help me, they are sure keeping it a fukin secret!!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Slightly Enhanced is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stout1 View Post

Please read this link and tell me how this is change and how we (as a nation) voted him in to "change" things but he is part of the old boy network and just reappointed everyone with the same old line of thinking that got us in this mess

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...120502602.html
      I have been surprised at the recycling too. I used to believe that conspiracy theories were all bs, but I am becoming a believer. All you see in gov't are ivy league skull & bones elitist. I'm reading Greenspans book now and he talks about the Nixon, Carter etc administration....it's the same people. When a Dem is elected the Rep's take corp board jobs then return to gov't when the Rep is back in power, same for Dems

R.I.P. GearedUp

Lord, make me strong, and let the weak find comfort in my strength.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly Enhanced View Post
      I have been surprised at the recycling too. I used to believe that conspiracy theories were all bs, but I am becoming a believer. All you see in gov't are ivy league skull & bones elitist. I'm reading Greenspans book now and he talks about the Nixon, Carter etc administration....it's the same people. When a Dem is elected the Rep's take corp board jobs then return to gov't when the Rep is back in power, same for Dems

I don't consider my self a conspiracy theorist but most others would differ. I tend to look at ALL things in life with an open mind. Most people, myself included, usually have one way of getting information which is thru the main stream media.

Tell me this how many stories are different on the main stream media? Not any they are all recycled too. The internet has been a blessing by providing unfiltered access to information that otherwise would of been unattainable.

I mean take this for example, the World Trade Center tragedy. Do I know what happened? No, but there are several ideas and it's hard to believe that the main stream media never addresses it or even brings up how a building which didn't even get hit by a plane nor was even really damaged fell to the ground. I don't see how CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CNBC, NAT GEO, DISCOVERY, etc can honestly just omit or not bring up the fact that a building just fell with no plane hitting it.

I'm not saying we brought it down or anything of that sort but how does an investigation of this magnitude not even bring up such a major thign as this. That just leads me to believe a lot of the "things" we're told in day to day life is hog wash.

Hell it took me till up until a year ago for me to realize our money isn't even controlled by our own government.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

What I'm getting at is continue to research, learn, etc and be able to take things in your not used to hearing/seeing. A lof of "conspiracy" theories are a bit far fetched but you have to remember there is no definitive information people are drawing their own conclusions from what they see is a lack of information.

How does the goverment release a bailout of TRILLIONS of dollars then say WHOOOPPPS we sent money out so fast there will NEVER be a way of finding out where all of it went and how it was spent?!??!!?!

Slightly Enhanced is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'm in 100% agreement. I don't know what the truth is, but the official 9/11 report is a large piece of wool pulled over the eyes of our country..

Quote Originally Posted by Stout1 View Post
      I don't consider my self a conspiracy theorist but most others would differ. I tend to look at ALL things in life with an open mind. Most people, myself included, usually have one way of getting information which is thru the main stream media.

Tell me this how many stories are different on the main stream media? Not any they are all recycled too. The internet has been a blessing by providing unfiltered access to information that otherwise would of been unattainable.

I mean take this for example, the World Trade Center tragedy. Do I know what happened? No, but there are several ideas and it's hard to believe that the main stream media never addresses it or even brings up how a building which didn't even get hit by a plane nor was even really damaged fell to the ground. I don't see how CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CNBC, NAT GEO, DISCOVERY, etc can honestly just omit or not bring up the fact that a building just fell with no plane hitting it.

I'm not saying we brought it down or anything of that sort but how does an investigation of this magnitude not even bring up such a major thign as this. That just leads me to believe a lot of the "things" we're told in day to day life is hog wash.

Hell it took me till up until a year ago for me to realize our money isn't even controlled by our own government.
      R.I.P. GearedUp

Lord, make me strong, and let the weak find comfort in my strength.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

hold it, youre saying the wtc was not hit by a plane

i know all the mortgage numbers, i was telling folks in 04 it was a bubble, why, simple math, incomes could not support the payments

so, my bottom line is i trust me, and my numbers, as u do your own

what i also know is i pulled my money out of market last oct

over the last two months i have been in and out of it several times for a net 2.4% total return, booked and in the bank, with a max risk of approx 20%

i started easing in on friday, and added on monday, i have 1.5% total unrealzed gains, with set stop losses if we go back down that would put it at 0.20% of gain for 15 hours of investment

i will raise stop losses as market rises

i'm posting my analysis of the market

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Maybe this will help.

the government is SCREAMING at private investors to invest there money and take on risk

here is a simple way that might help

if you borrow 100k from the fed at the end of a year u owe him 250 bucks

with 100k could u make 250 bucks, and not lose your 100k

um, you could buy 50 different distrssed debt bonds at 2000 a piece

average interest as a basket, let's say 17.5%, that is 17,250 in your pocket after expenses

after 3 years, your risk is how many of these companies will go bankrupt

hm, off top of head le'ts say 20%, so ten bonds will go bust, which ten no one knows, let's say we bust 25% in next year as max risk for a horrible economy.........the big risk is armageddon and all are f'd

so, after one year you have lost 25k in bonds, your principle

you take in 10k in interest

a year later we are down 10k on investment

year 2, 10k,
      year 3, 10k
      year 4, 10k
      year 5, 10k

end of five years we owe

fed 100k
      1,250 interest

we have 48k in our pocket

if 50% went bankrupt in year one we get 7,500 a year in interest payments

at end of five years we will be owe out of pocket 15k

if only 15% go bk, you make 65k

so, top max of investment is 85k
      armageddon -15k

you risk is what will future look like in 1-3-5 years

if we have jobs, and banks, we will grind thru this mess, if not it will not be purdy

what

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

hold it, youre saying the wtc was not hit by a plane

i know all the mortgage numbers, i was telling folks in 04 it was a bubble, why, simple math, incomes could not support the payments

so, my bottom line is i trust me, and my numbers, as u do your own

what i also know is i pulled my money out of market last oct

over the last two months i have been in and out of it several times for a net 2.4% total return, booked and in the bank, with a max risk of approx 20%

i started easing in on friday, and added on monday, i have 1.5% total unrealzed gains, with set stop losses if we go back down that would put it at 0.20% of gain for 15 hours of investment

i will raise stop losses as market rises

i'm posting my analysis of the market
      Tower #7 was not hit by a plane but it fell likea house of cards.

I'm still curious as to where you read or think that banks are paying people the equity they lost in their home.s

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

they are not paying

they are doing anything too keep people in homes, it is the best alternative on some properties

yeah, saw the tower 7 go, house of cards, yeah, would agree, the shock from the two towers falling was like a huge bomb, all the towers were tied togher with same electrical and water piping

so the vibrations they expereinced were on the proportions of an earthquake, first time they broke lot's of stuff, second time they fractured major supports, add fire

and the fact they were not designed or engineered to withstand earthquakes, especially two within 45 minutes

also alot of that piping would be like attaching a 747 to a telepone line, and it has the force of take off for 20 seconds, how far down the line will the damage stop, all the lines are bolted to telephone poles, eventually you reach a pole that is undmamged yet, it would be hard to engineer which one

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

they are not paying

they are doing anything too keep people in homes, it is the best alternative on some properties

yeah, saw the tower 7 go, house of cards, yeah, would agree, the shock from the two towers falling was like a huge bomb, all the towers were tied togher with same electrical and water piping

so the vibrations they expereinced were on the proportions of an earthquake, first time they broke lot's of stuff, second time they fractured major supports, add fire

and the fact they were not designed or engineered to withstand earthquakes, especially two within 45 minutes

also alot of that piping would be like attaching a 747 to a telepone line, and it has the force of take off for 20 seconds, how far down the line will the damage stop, all the lines are bolted to telephone poles, eventually you reach a pole that is undmamged yet, it would be hard to engineer which one
      they aint doing shyt for me!!! i cant get them to roll 2 payments. how fukin stupid is that. they pick up the added intrest and they dont have to deal with a 3rd forclosure on my street. (13 houses total, 5 for sale, 2 bank owned, 1 about to be....)
      i dont see it trip. i dont see it in the people here, the papers here, the ,orning news here....they are NOT trying to help...i wont buy into that. atleast not here!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

here is what U don't see dave

they play bad mo fo bad ass, right up until a week before foreclosure

then they are working out whatever they can to keep folks in homes

it is how the industry works and has always works

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

How does the goverment release a bailout of TRILLIONS of dollars then say WHOOOPPPS we sent money out so fast there will NEVER be a way of finding out where all of it went and how it was spent?!??!!?!
      everyone wants to talk about how bad bush did just wait after 4 yrs of obama. And you are exactly right stout
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/