• Join Us!
  • Military guys. any tips?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Military guys. any tips?

sofargone561 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 535
      Overall activity: 10.0%
      Achievements:
      Got three FriendsFirst 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Military guys. any tips?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Some of you may know i tried to jion the military and due to bad dicisions in my past i could not. Well i want to try again. I like to learn as much as i can. i have many military friends and family but i still like to tal to others. Mentally i can handle it. physically whatever i am not good at i will adapt to. my only concern is my knees idk if they will hold up to what i want to do.
      I never meant to be better than anyone, I was just born that way. Its hard being a god amongst peasants!

rmewrench is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

What branch and what type of job are you wanting to get into?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
      “Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.”
      -Lao Tzu

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Military guys. any tips?

army or marines and i want infantry. i want to go to sapper and ranger school its been a life long dream to get into rangers. Leaning more towards army as i have many family members and friends in the army. a couple of my budies in the marines are not happy the way things are for them right now but everyone i know in the army is happy. I spent a few years at fort drum, k-town, ramstien and a few other bases in germany. its in my blood and been in my heart for a long time
      I never meant to be better than anyone, I was just born that way. Its hard being a god amongst peasants!

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Been to meps already. got a decent score on the asvab and passed my drug test and pysical and all that good shit im qualified. i just have a GED and they want you to have 15 credit hours. So i am thinking about getting the credit hours and joining

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

This is a very hard thing for anyone to give you advice on brother.Not knowing how bad your knees are its hard for us to say but having knee problems now will only worsen in the military,especially for those fields.

I know it sucks to hear but maybe this isnt the best choice for you.Not trying to step on your dream in any way brother but you have to weigh the good and the bad.You have to make the smart decision for your health and your future.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
      This is a very hard thing for anyone to give you advice on brother.Not knowing how bad your knees are its hard for us to say but having knee problems now will only worsen in the military,especially for those fields.

I know it sucks to hear but maybe this isnt the best choice for you.Not trying to step on your dream in any way brother but you have to weigh the good and the bad.You have to make the smart decision for your health and your future.
      yeah its what ive been doing. i have no idea how bad my knees are either. they dont give me problems all the time. i can run lift weights carry heavy things it have never stopped or slowed anything i have done im just worried that the high stress might cuase an issue with them. I mean ive had then looked at to be sure and the doc said there was nothing wrong with then and i pass all the physicals. so idk. the only way to know would be to go for it and find out. i was 20 minutes away from signing my contract last time and then they closed the GED slots it was terrible. i said screw it my shot it up. but lately ive been thinking. this is has been my dream for as long as i can remember should i realy give up cuase i hit a small road block?

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I didn't join the marines because they wouldn't guarantee my job before i shipped to boot camp. Along the lines of what fist said. Both army and marines run.... run a lot plus road marches with full load of gear. My knees were perfect before the military and i had issue just from running in the road as much as we did. Plus going into any special forces you'll either have to be airborne or air assault qualified and if you don't have bad knees before jumping out of perfectly operation aircraft you definitely will after. We called them dirt darts for a reason. . I'm sure irish can attest to the wear that jumping had on your joints.

-Lao Tzu

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by sofargone561 View Post
      yeah its what ive been doing. i have no idea how bad my knees are either. they dont give me problems all the time. i can run lift weights carry heavy things it have never stopped or slowed anything i have done im just worried that the high stress might cuase an issue with them. I mean ive had then looked at to be sure and the doc said there was nothing wrong with then and i pass all the physicals. so idk. the only way to know would be to go for it and find out. i was 20 minutes away from signing my contract last time and then they closed the GED slots it was terrible. i said screw it my shot it up. but lately ive been thinking. this is has been my dream for as long as i can remember should i realy give up cuase i hit a small road block?

Like I said brother,only you can say how bad your knees are.If the doc's are telling you that you're fine thats cool but if you do have problems with them than you would know whats best.

Its not giving up because of a road block,Its knowing when to accept things for what they are you know? If you feel confident that your knees can handle it,then I say go for it.But do so for the right reason and with the right frame of mind.Dont let your emotions of wanting this over power your actual health.
      If you decide on Marine Infantry,they will definitely put your knees as well as EVERY OTHER body part and more so your mind to the test!

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

^ yeah thats another reason i am not shooting for marines i just listed it becuase they are the only 2 branches i want to join. I know all about the running lol like a said i have a lot o friends who are in and some who are reserves who live near me. I know knees seen to be the weak piont in the military even my step dad now has knee problems thanks to slippin on ice while doing pt at ft drum. so i know i have i guess you could say a possible handicap. but for all a i know its nothing really and i dont really want that to discourage me. gotta pay to play right?

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.S.T. View Post

Like I said brother,only you can say how bad your knees are.If the doc's are telling you that you're fine thats cool but if you do have problems with them than you would know whats best.

Its not giving up because of a road block,Its knowing when to accept things for what they are you know? If you feel confident that your knees can handle it,then I say go for it.But do so for the right reason and with the right frame of mind.Dont let your emotions of wanting this over power your actual health.
      If you decide on Marine Infantry,they will definitely put your knees as well as EVERY OTHER body part and more so your mind to the test!
      very true brother and i see where your coming from and i know what you mean. I dont think my knees will hinder me on this road but i know that if anything will fail physically mentally or emotionaly it will be my knee first. but i dont think it will be a huge issue. if i thought that i would not join. I want to be an asset to the forces not a dead weight

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Im not rushing this thats forsure. I need 15 credit hours and i think i have 3 military will accept right now. What im thinking about doin is training with a reserve buddy of mine and doing a lot of running and everything and if a few months of constant running and training is hurting my knee then i wont go but if everything is fine then i will see what happens

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Well obviously you doubt the integrity of your own knees and as fist said only you and your doc know what kind of shape they are in . But if you have so many close friends and relatives that are in or have served. ... why you asking us? ??

-Lao Tzu

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I like to talk to everyone and hear many different sides. most of my family are ritired. my step dad is deployed my close friends all tell me i whoudl join i wAnt to join. Also most of you guys are older and have time under your belts. I am young most of my friends only have months to maybe 3 years under theres. my knee isnt whats keeping me from joining. I just dont want it to be something that cuases a problem. As i said ive never had an issues with it yet as far as severe pain or keeping me from doing anything. But as you guys said it is going to take a beating so i would hate to see it not hold up. But i confident that it will not bring issues.