• Join Us!
  • Scar Tissue and Bone Spurs
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Scar Tissue and Bone Spurs

Farrar is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 136
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Scar Tissue and Bone Spurs

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I have two AS-related health questions I would like everyone’s opinion on.

My 1st question deals with scar tissue. I seem to be having problems with scar tissue again. My 2nd cycle in June of 2002 was a learning experience and I did 55 injections over 12 weeks in both quads. I was afraid of trying different sites so I have developed scar tissue in my quads with injections there being next to impossible or taking 5-10 minutes due to the slowness of the injection. But, I have not tried a quad injection in over 6 months so it may possibly be better now.

Now, I seem to be having the same problem with my right tricep. I inject 1.5 MLs of Test in each tricep every 7 days but seem to have a problem with only the right tricep. I use my delts, biceps, and pecs for my fina injections. My question on scar tissue is will the areas, given time, return to normal of am I quickly running out of injections sites?

My second question involves bone spurs. I have bone spurs in my left shoulder and both elbows. The shoulder bothers me moderately and I can live with it but my doctor has suggested a surgery that would require me to take off from weight training for 4-6 weeks and I really do not want to miss that much time. I had surgery in April on my right forearm for an Entrapped Radial Nerve and it was 3 months before I could open the fingers on that hand so I am somewhat leery of further surgery. The doctor did give me cortisone at my request, which helped tremendously for about 3 weeks and has said he will try more if I want to go that route. I asked him about the elbows and he replied that he does not do elbows. I cannot extend my right arm fully due to the spurs still liking 10-15 degrees being able to fully extend it. The right arm CAN be fully extended but I have quite a bit of pain doing anything like dips, nose breakers, etc. A doctor I work out with says he would consider the shoulder surgery but says to avoid any elbow surgery until absoulutely necessary as a hyper extended elbow would keep me out of commission for some time.

Any suggestions on the scar tissue, shoulder, and elbows? I am 42 years old and have been training now for about 18 months.

Thanks,

Farrar
      "Some animals eat grass while other animals eat THE ANIMALS that eat grass."

drab4
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Hi mate.

A few weeks or months off is not going to hurt your gains much. Even though it will probably feel like you're shrinking daily, in reality any muscle and strenght loss will be easily reversible when you get back to training. Sometimes a break of a couple of weeks can actually help a bit. I would get your surgery done sooner rather than later if it were me. Follow the docs advice on which to get done and which to leave etc.

Scar tissue does seem to fade with time in my experience.

BTW use the glutes as well bro, I notice you didn't mention them.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

YOU NEED TO GET THOSE BONE SPURS REMOVED. IT WILL HINDER YOUR LIFTS BIG TIME.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

jsjs24
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I would take the docs advice on the surgery....4-6 wks isn't that bad.