• Join Us!
  • How about that Dos Santos??
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How about that Dos Santos??

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default How about that Dos Santos??

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I'm telling you guys....the future of the HW division!! Walked through yet another one!
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: How about that Dos Santos??

The HW division is stacked now... can you imagine a fight between Carwin and Dos Santos... Love these HW fights
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

SOME GOOD FIGHTERS IN THERE NOW!
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

It's ridiculous how stacked it has gotten at HW over the past 1.5 years. This division used to be crap. Now it is actually getting exciting!!

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

they didnt televise it last night, but if anyone can get a link to the Brenden Shaub fight I would love to see it.. quick KO
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Yeah, I am glad for for Brenden...he seems like a pretty cool guy.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

What about the Howard KO? WOW!!! That is what I am talking about with the KO power. There a lot of guys that could have hit him right there and he would have still been fighting. When Howard hit him, his eyes rolled immediately!

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

dos santos proved he is a top guy but against a guy who can get him to the mat. to be the best you have to get past brock and he is so freakin big, strong and fast. i imagine it would be like trying to knock out a grizzly bear.

dos santos vs velasquez now thats a helluva fight
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
      dos santos proved he is a top guy but against a guy who can get him to the mat. to be the best you have to get past brock and he is so freakin big, strong and fast. i imagine it would be like trying to knock out a grizzly bear.

I don't know. They said that Dos Santos is one of the hardest guys in their camp to keep on the mat. He immediately got up from Gonzaga. And he trains with the Nogs so you know he has BJJ. He has some really good TD defense and a lot of power. And so far, we haven't seen Brock really get hit that much. I still want to see his chin get tested. He got hit with that knee in the Mir fight and he said that he was seeing brids after that, so we will have to see.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post

Ask and you shall receive..lol. Dos Santos says he would like to fight Cain:

After his first-round TKO of Gabriel Gonzaga on Sunday, Junior Dos Santos boldly announced that he was ready for a title shot. But there are some timing-related realities he has to deal with: The interim title fight between Frank Mir and Shane Carwin, Brock Lesnar's return this summer (hopefully), and Cain Velasquez's equally high standing in the heavyweight pecking order. So instead of pleading for a title shot, Dos Santos is angling for the next best thing:

"I don’t know who I’m gonna fight [next]. I’d like to fight against [Cain] Velasquez. He’s a tough guy, but the UFC has other great names too. I just wanna fight against the best and with the best, that’s what I’m waiting from the UFC now. [Velasquez is] a very complete guy. His wrestling is superior than mine, but I think I can surprise him on striking. I’d train a lot of ground game for this fight too, it could make some difference”

Well, we're already sold. Not only would Dos Santos vs. Velasquez establish a legitimate title contender after the Mir/Carwin winner fights Brock Lesnar, there's already a "you killed my master" storyline in place, considering that Velasquez is fresh off his drubbing of JDS's mentor, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Though to hear Dos Santos tell it, payback is not what he's after:

“It’s not about revenge, I’m cool with that, so is Rodrigo. I’d fight Cain for who he is, an undefeated fighter, a great fighter inside the UFC. I’d like to face him because of that. This revenge thing, I think Rodrigo can get that.”
      If you ask me, Dos Santos vs. Velasquez is the only heavyweight contender fight that makes sense. But Dana White doesn't seem very hot on the idea — at least not yet. During the UFC on Versus post-fight press conference, DW said he has to wait to see how Mir vs. Carwin shakes out before announcing Junior's next fight:

"They're all going to fight. All these guys in that lineup are going to fight, but we've got to figure out how it's all going to go down. Mir and Carwin are going to get this thing started. We'll see what happens there, and the great thing is, we're a week away from that."

So why would a contenders' match between Dos Santos and Velasquez depend on the outcome of Mir vs. Carwin? Allow us to speculate...

— Maybe Dana doesn't want to eliminate one of his potential title contenders by making them fight each other. Instead, he'll green-light Cain Velasquez for a title shot first, and make Dos Santos knock off one more guy, like the loser of Mir vs. Carwin.

— Maybe Dana feels it's too early for Mir vs. Lesnar III. So, if Mir beats Carwin on Saturday, he'll have to fight either Velasquez or Dos Santos before he gets Brock again, "interim title" be damned.

— Maybe Brock Lesnar isn't ready to return this summer, or needs a non-title tune-up fight first. If this happens, he'd probably be stripped of his title. In that scenario, the Mir/Carwin winner would need somebody to fight. Either Dos Santos or Velasquez would do.

None of these situations are ideal. Hopefully, everyone stays healthy, the interim heavyweight champ fights Lesnar this summer, and Dos Santos and Velasquez are free to fight each other, even if it means one of them gets knocked down a peg on the contender ladder. Doing it any other way means the best aren't fighting the best.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

gonzaga isnt a top contender anymore imo. Sure he is til a top 10 but not a contender anymore with his latests loses.Jipped is right getting brock down can be tough but lets not forget brock does train on his back and if he is that powerful and we all know that, he might be able to get up quick. Just think of it as this. can you hold down a rhino if you tip the rhino over,i say no the rhino will get up especilay if the rhino isd sweaty and slippery but then again who knows. But no matter what brock will be fighting carwin or mir. And I hope its Mir again so he can shut up mir once and for all because if mir loses then he cants say another thing about it.I hope mir comes in at 280 big and bulky because he is not brock who is naturaly gifted at 280-300 and quick and that weight. mir isnt.But a velaquez and santosd fight would be good to see. soo here it is

mir defeats carwin 1st round maybe 2nd then fights brock
      desantos fights velasquez probably go to a decision who knows.up for grabs
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      gonzaga isnt a top contender anymore imo. Sure he is til a top 10 but not a contender anymore with his latests loses.Jipped is right getting brock down can be tough but lets not forget brock does train on his back and if he is that powerful and we all know that, he might be able to get up quick. Just think of it as this. can you hold down a rhino if you tip the rhino over,i say no the rhino will get up especilay if the rhino isd sweaty and slippery but then again who knows. But no matter what brock will be fighting carwin or mir. And I hope its Mir again so he can shut up mir once and for all because if mir loses then he cants say another thing about it.I hope mir comes in at 280 big and bulky because he is not brock who is naturaly gifted at 280-300 and quick and that weight. mir isnt.But a velaquez and santosd fight would be good to see. soo here it is

mir defeats carwin 1st round maybe 2nd then fights brock
      desantos fights velasquez probably go to a decision who knows.up for grabs
      I don't know. I don't think Brock will fight as soon as he thinks. I saw a training video of him that was made at the end of January and he was really slow and fat looking. He has a ways to go still. The thing about not holding him down is true, but you have to be willing to take some big shots to get back up and that may be the difference maker. Alot of stuff still has to pan out.

Gonzaga is still a tough guy to beat because he has good skill and is aggressive. He made a big mistake against Carwin and it cost him. He had Carwin rocked and let his hands drop, and we all know that if Carwin connects, it's usually lights out.

But I hope that it all comes down to Brock and Mir again. This fight has to happen, no matter who you are cheering for.

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

sweet. i would love to see brock unconscious on the mat with dos santos standing above him hands raised
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe