• Join Us!
  • Lesnar could return in May
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lesnar could return in May

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Lesnar could return in May

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

With the silence finally broken, now the speculation can really begin.

After UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar (4-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) revealed on this morning's edition of ESPN's "SportsCenter" that he has been blessed with a miraculous recovery from a potentially career-ending case of diverticulosis , UFC president Dana White issued a generic target date of "summer" for the champ's return.

On a media call following the "SportsCenter" appearance, White and Lesnar both got a little more specific about the possibilities.

With the UFC's December announcement that it would hold its second-ever UFC Fan Expo in conjunction with a Memorial Day weekend event, believed to be UFC 114, White today admitted that scheduling the heavily anticipated return of Lesnar at that card might make sense.

"Yeah, it's a possibility," White said when asked about Lesnar fighting at the May 29 event in Las Vegas. "In a perfect scenario, (Frank) Mir and (Shane) Carwin fight. One of them wins, comes out healthy, and then we do the Brock fight."

White had already stated during the ESPN appearance that the winner of the UFC 111 interim title fight between Mir and Carwin would get first crack at Lesnar.

With that fight scheduled for March 27 in Newark, N.J., the winner would have just nine weeks to turn around and prepare to fight Lesnar if the May 29 event was identified as the host of the bout.

But the allure of Lesnar in the main event of a card associated with another UFC Fan Expo may prove too great to pass up. If so, White has stated that the winner of the UFC 110 fight between top heavyweight contenders Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cain Velasquez could also find his way into the matchup.

With Nogueira and Velasquez meeting on Feb. 21 in Australia, the winner of the bout would likely have ample time to recover.

Lesnar said he's set to begin training on Thursday, and he's open to any option.

"I'll be back in the gym on Thursday morning," Lesnar said. "I'm going to have a mini-camp.

"I'm getting ready for anybody and everybody. I know the (fighters in the) heavyweight division are definitely back on their toes again because Brock Lesnar is back."

While Carwin, Nogueira and Velasquez all provide enticing matchups for Lesnar, the most marketable contest would undoubtedly entail a rubber match with Mir.

Mir defeated Lesnar in Feburary 2008 in the first meeting between the two. But after being defeated by TKO in a UFC 100 contest with Lesnar this past July, Mir has openly discussed his focus on a third fight with the champ. The former WWE star has obviously taken note of the comments.

"I don't think I beat [Mir] as bad as I could, so for me to get my hands on that stalker again – Frank Mir has made it a mission of his life," Lesnar said. "Frank Mir the stalker – it's been a while since I've had a stalker, but we'll take care of that if I ever face him again."

But Mir wasn't the only heavyweight for which Lesnar had a message.

"I'll just sit back, I'll sharpen my skills, and I'll be prepared for either one of those guys," Lesnar said. "If it's Nogueira, if it's Velasquez, I know one thing: all them guys are [expletive] their pants right now."
      This gives him plenty of time to get ready, but I am kind of "iffy" on him jumping right back in with the top guys for his first fight. But if he feels confident, then he knows better than me.
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Lesnar could return in May

Well we know he's gifted in genetics so that helps him. And wjo knows he may recover even better know taking that time off and be even better. But we will see. I;'m sure if he isnt ready he will tell dana and the fight wont happen in may
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

They were saying that he was only fighting at 60% before the illness. I can't say that I believe that, but I am sure he will probably feel better now.

Does anyone know if this is something that is recurring or is it something that once you take care of it, it is gone?

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

if thats the case and he was only fighting at 60% then watch out if he is truly healthy. and you have to watch your diet very carefuly for what he has for the rest of his life because it could come back
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

He said it was because he ate a "high protein" diet. He said that he only ate meat and potatoes and never ate any fiber.