• Join Us!
  • HELP....hard work and diet
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HELP....hard work and diet

scorpion is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 89
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default HELP....hard work and diet

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

My diet has been on PAR for the last 10weeks and I am currently around 10% BF... since the start of my cutting cycle I have not lost one pound only BF approx 3-4%....anyways I have been in University and since exams have been unemployeed.... I got a job starting today HEAVY labour [roofing] and do not want to fuck my diet up............ I will increase my daily calorie intake by approx 500cals or so [all good cals]...... is that too many ...... too little ........fuck guys help me out.... I rather quit this job than fuck up this cutting cycle [its going VERY well so fat]

I have been eating less that 100g of carbs per day previous but concidering that this is labour I will increase the carb intake or should I keep it the same???

HELP HELP...

[I know wrong forum BUT I NEED ANWSERS FAST]

thx guys
      EVERYTHING I SAY IS ONLY AN OPINION.

rowray
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

i do a lot of heavy labor too, including roofing, and i'm also cutting. if this new job is going to be drastic change from what you have been doing, i would definitely up your calories and protein to prevent catabolism. 500 calories per day increase is a good starting point. i always eat some carbs in the morning(oatmeal) and then only protein and healthy fats(natural peanut butter) for the rest of the day. to avoid getting overly depleted and flat for me i found that taking in simple sugars along with a good protein powder and r-ala immediately after a workout keeps me full and very vascular. my sources for simple sugars are glucose tablets and raisins along with some honey. for me it was very important to replenish the glycogen stores in my muscles. when i wasn't doing this the workload during the day accompanied by a hard training session was too much for my body to handle on a low carb diet. you'll probably think i'm crazy and i know this won't work for everyone but it sure did work for me. just to give you an idea of the amount i ingested here is what i eat after a workout.
      2 scoops designer protein
      2 tbsp wildflower honey(34 g sugar)
      1/4 c raisins(31g sugar)
      12 glucose tablets(48 g sugar)
      1 tsp cinnamon(helps spike insulin levels)
      1000mg r-ala
      like i said, you probably think this is way too many carbs but for me it was very important to spike my insulin levels and get the glycogen levels in my muscle cells filled back up. i was down to 207lbs and extremely flat b4 i tried this, now i weigh 212lbs at 5% BF. worked great for me. don't fall off the roof! good luck bro.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by rowray
      i do a lot of heavy labor too, including roofing, and i'm also cutting. if this new job is going to be drastic change from what you have been doing, i would definitely up your calories and protein to prevent catabolism. 500 calories per day increase is a good starting point. i always eat some carbs in the morning(oatmeal) and then only protein and healthy fats(natural peanut butter) for the rest of the day. to avoid getting overly depleted and flat for me i found that taking in simple sugars along with a good protein powder and r-ala immediately after a workout keeps me full and very vascular. my sources for simple sugars are glucose tablets and raisins along with some honey. for me it was very important to replenish the glycogen stores in my muscles. when i wasn't doing this the workload during the day accompanied by a hard training session was too much for my body to handle on a low carb diet. you'll probably think i'm crazy and i know this won't work for everyone but it sure did work for me. just to give you an idea of the amount i ingested here is what i eat after a workout.
      2 scoops designer protein
      2 tbsp wildflower honey(34 g sugar)
      1/4 c raisins(31g sugar)
      12 glucose tablets(48 g sugar)
      1 tsp cinnamon(helps spike insulin levels)
      1000mg r-ala
      like i said, you probably think this is way too many carbs but for me it was very important to spike my insulin levels and get the glycogen levels in my muscle cells filled back up. i was down to 207lbs and extremely flat b4 i tried this, now i weigh 212lbs at 5% BF. worked great for me. don't fall off the roof! good luck bro.
      Wow...thank alot for this great reply ..... the reason I will not start eating sugars is because I have not eaten ANY for the past 10weeks [besides natural sugars] and last year on my cutting diet I started eating those lean body bars and DID NOT RELIZE the amount of sugar in them and my blood sugar levels kept spiking and the dieting fail [CRAVINGS where unbarable ] do you think I should simply up my carbs [perhaps to 125-150g per day - b4 3pm] and up the omega 3 fats to approx 40-50g per day?? will this help my muscles look fuller??

again thx for the help
      EVERYTHING I SAY IS ONLY AN OPINION.

rowray
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

understood bro. great discipline. raising your fat intake is also usually a good way to stay harder and fuller, at least it helps me. i eat a lot of almonds and natural peanut butter with no sodium. if ya can get a hold of some r-ala i think it'd really benefit someone on a low carb diet. try and keep hydrated during the day, i know how hot it gets up there!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!