• Join Us!
  • Glucose tablets?
  • Glucose tablets?
  • Glucose tablets?
  • Glucose tablets?
  • Glucose tablets?
  • Glucose tablets?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Glucose tablets?

Muscleguy40oz is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 68
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Glucose tablets?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?

• Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?
      Well i am taking slin an just bought some glucose tablets and each tablets contains 4gs of carbs and 0 fat... Would it be ok if i took a tab everytime i inject slin? It will not make me fat, will it? I figured i should stay on the safe side...

Muscleguy
      "Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment, heredity, and the movements and changes in the world around him. Then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, 'This I am today; that I will be tomorrow.' The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds."

Hypertrophyguy is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 338
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

YOu can, it won't hurt you however I would think you don't need it if you are taking in adequate carbs from other sources in your post workout meal (im assuming you are taking it post workout)

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Yea i am taking it post workout and i am going to start taking it when i wake up in the morning... I was thinking about going a little higher then 10ius since i would have adequate amount of carbs...I just didnt know if they would make me fat...

Muscleguy
      "Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment, heredity, and the movements and changes in the world around him. Then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, 'This I am today; that I will be tomorrow.' The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds."

Hypertrophyguy is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 338
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Well no they won't make you fat but the best carbs post workout are aparently malto dextrin.
      WHen Im on insulin I just carry around glucose in a little man purse for the few hours the insulin is active.

But the only time I have taken them was when I was trapped in a Ballet with my girl threatening me with a life of cellabacy if I brought mcdonalds in. So I had to resort to eating my glucose tabs. haha now thats hunger.

prolangtum is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 239
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I dont recomend slin in the morning. One reaosn, post workout is enough, in the AM is just inching closer to more long term sides.
      Insulin post workout slams the door on muscle catabolism form working out, and refills depleted glycogen stores, and infuses amino acids. In the AM, you are somewhat glycogen depleted, but some carbs will do just fine, without overcompensating. Your not catabolizing either, and are in no rush for Aminos. Plus, its much easier to get fat that way too. The insulin will block fat from being released into your blood stream that woudl normally be released, not allowing normal fat burning for 2-4 hours.
      I eat at least 6 times a day to build my body
      I pray at least 6 times a day to build my soul

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by prolangtum
      I dont recomend slin in the morning. One reaosn, post workout is enough, in the AM is just inching closer to more long term sides.
      Insulin post workout slams the door on muscle catabolism form working out, and refills depleted glycogen stores, and infuses amino acids. In the AM, you are somewhat glycogen depleted, but some carbs will do just fine, without overcompensating. Your not catabolizing either, and are in no rush for Aminos. Plus, its much easier to get fat that way too. The insulin will block fat from being released into your blood stream that woudl normally be released, not allowing normal fat burning for 2-4 hours.
      I feel what you are saying... But i figure that if you have more insulin in your body during certain times of the day that you will have more insulin attaching to the IGF receptors than normal.. I understand that insulin bind poorly to IGF receptors... Any thoughts?

Muscleguy

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Insulin wont affect your IGF-1 recpetors, and really only interacts with IGF-1 when your taking HGH. Insulin may be the thought of the most "anabolic substance" but in all reality, the only studies where insulin has been shown to be anabolic, was when it was infused IV at insane doses like 100ius, of course under constant vital stats and BGL supervision. Insulin at our reasonable doses refills glycogen better, and stops catabolism. Basically, it speeds up recovery, and helps assimilate nutrients. There is a thin line too, between not taking enough carbs, taking too much, or getting it just right. Take too much carbs, you will get fat. No need for 150 grams of carbs after 10ius of insulin. I barely eat 125g of carbs while its active, with 50g of it coming from very low glycemic carbs. Although hypoglycemia does stimulate GH release, hypoglycemia also lowers testerone and increases cortisol, both of which arent good post workout.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Hey prolangtum that is some good info... Where did you read it? Or do you just know it from school or whatever?

Muscleguy

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?

• Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?
      • Glucose tablets?
      It seems if you raise insulin 100 fold x the physoilogical range it does act upon IGF-1

https://ajpendo.physiology.org/cgi/co...74/6/E1067#B21

After obtaining baseline samples, a balanced amino acid mixture (10 % Travesol; Clintec Nutrition, Deerfield, IL) was continuously infused at a rate of either 0.004 (n = 4: 4 females, 0 males), 0.007 (n = 6: 4 females, 2 males), or 0.015 (n = 4: 2 females, 2 males) ml · min1 · kg1 for 4 h. The former two doses were selected in an effort to maintain phenylalanine concentrations near basal in arterial and venous plasma, respectively. The higher dose was selected to raise phenylalanine approximately twofold, a level comparable to that studied by us previously during physiological hyperinsulinemia. In the arm containing the arterial catheter, insulin (5 mU · min1 · kg body wt1) was continuously infused intra-arterially. The insulin infusion was interrupted for <30 s every 5 min, and 1 ml of blood was withdrawn for measurement of plasma glucose. Twenty percent dextrose was infused into the contralateral arm at a variable rate to maintain the plasma glucose at fasting concentrations.

The authours made this observation:

"In the current study, the effects of extreme hyperinsulinemia to stimulate protein synthesis, enhance oxygen consumption, markedly increase blood flow, and induce a strongly positive phenylalanine balance are each similar to the actions of locally infused IGF-I in human forearm and differ from the effects seen with physiological hyperinsulinemia concentrations. As the insulin concentrations achieved in the current study were 4-7 × 108 M (100-fold above the physiological range), stimulation of the IGF-I receptor by insulin is entirely plausible [dissociation constant (Kd) of insulin for the IGF-I receptor ~108 compared with Kd 1010 for IGF-I ]. Furthermore, as the mitogenic effect of insulin in vitro is mediated via the IGF-I receptor rather than the insulin receptor an analogous effect with protein synthesis is possible."

The authors concluded that

"In summary, these results indicate that insulin at high concentrations strongly stimulates muscle protein synthesis in the human forearm. This effect is quite consistent with the action of insulin described in a number of in vitro studies using similar concentrations of insulin but distinct from what is observed with physiological hyperinsulinemia. Therefore, much of the discrepancy previously reported between insulin action on protein synthesis in vivo vs. in vitro may result directly from differences in insulin concentrations used. In addition to stimulating protein synthesis, high-dose insulin resembles the action of IGF-I observed previously. As IGF-I receptors can be stimulated by high concentrations of insulin, the present results together with findings from in vitro studies raise the possibility that some or all of insulin's action to stimulate protein synthesis may be mediated by pathways other than the insulin receptor."