• Join Us!
  • Caloric Intake???
  • Caloric Intake???
  • Caloric Intake???
  • Caloric Intake???
  • Caloric Intake???
  • Caloric Intake???
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caloric Intake???

rnixon is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 400
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Caloric Intake???

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Caloric Intake???
      • Caloric Intake???

• Caloric Intake???
      • Caloric Intake???
      • Caloric Intake???
      • Caloric Intake???
      • Caloric Intake???
      • Caloric Intake???
      So here it goes according to this link my Kcal should be over 2000 a day and that is at the bottom of the least active activity level. I have been on Visalus a meal replacement program and using my fitness pal app. to count calories. The app. originally with my stats of working a moderate activity level of a job and I think I only put in a 20 min workout per week suggested I intake just over 1600 Calories a day and when I updated that I lost 15 lbs it dropped a 100 calories off of that. I've never been able to get to a low body fat so even though It did seem low I figured it was what I had to do and it is working for
      Losing weight but now I am on Gh and test and don't what to loose results
      Bc of too low of caloric intake. My diet for the most parts consists of: morning a coffee, shake 90 cal 12 g of soy protein and 60 cal almond milk, first coffee break some fruit and sometimes a oatmeal or yogurt/cottage cheese low fat, lunch I use as my main meal of the day eating some chicken, with a salad/ alone/ or on whole wheat bread sometimes, last break I have a bean salad I've been eating lately portioned to
      170 calories. Some snacks may include a visalus nutra cookie, visalus low cal supposed to be healthy energy drink, trying to drink enough water. Dinner I'll have another meal replacement with almond milk and mb a few other snacks
      Like cheese if I'm starved lol. Also I am taking omegas, a metab-awake metabolism booster and the visalus appetite suppressant that seems pretty good made with calcium, chromium, potassium, l-tyrosine, carnitine, & l-theanine, garcina cambogia, hydroxyxitric acid, most of which I have used as a workout supplements in the past with the exceptions of the last few listed. So I did a really good workout last night and the test E I am is def. starting to work, my Gh dose is low right now and I will up it when more arrives
      In mail Wednesday as well as start on some T-Bol. So I was speaking to an Admin here and it was suggested to post my diet as the calories seem too low??? Can they be too low? Also it has been awhile since I have done a cycle but in the past I would intake 1.5-2 times my weight in grams of protein, is this needed? My diet is fairly high
      In protein and eat some sort of veggies every day. But how high should it be. According to the app. I have I am going over in a few things and under in a few keeping in mind some things I just do a quick add calories so nutrient wouldnt be tracked sugars are a lil high like 68 grams and the goal is 34, under on sodium nad potassium as well as fats and cholesterol which some I would think would be good staying low like cholesterol where the others I could use more of. I am over in things like vit. C etc. and under in iron. Protein is suggested at 64 and at 86 grams. These were for Saturday keeping
      In mid it may not be exactly accurate.
      So any input greatly appreciated!
      Thanks
      RJ

https://https://www.fitnessgeared.com/...ad.php?t=92502

Dream Big and create it...

Michelle Hayden is offline Platinum Vixen
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 233
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Caloric Intake???

Dont really watch my cals right now..cuz im naturally fat, lol

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Haha can't see much from your pic but it looks like quite the opposite.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by rnixon View Post
      So here it goes according to this link my Kcal should be over 2000 a day and that is at the bottom of the least active activity level. I have been on Visalus a meal replacement program and using my fitness pal app. to count calories. The app. originally with my stats of working a moderate activity level of a job and I think I only put in a 20 min workout per week suggested I intake just over 1600 Calories a day and when I updated that I lost 15 lbs it dropped a 100 calories off of that. I've never been able to get to a low body fat so even though It did seem low I figured it was what I had to do and it is working for
      Losing weight but now I am on Gh and test and don't what to loose results
      Bc of too low of caloric intake. My diet for the most parts consists of: morning a coffee, shake 90 cal 12 g of soy protein and 60 cal almond milk, first coffee break some fruit and sometimes a oatmeal or yogurt/cottage cheese low fat, lunch I use as my main meal of the day eating some chicken, with a salad/ alone/ or on whole wheat bread sometimes, last break I have a bean salad I've been eating lately portioned to
      170 calories. Some snacks may include a visalus nutra cookie, visalus low cal supposed to be healthy energy drink, trying to drink enough water. Dinner I'll have another meal replacement with almond milk and mb a few other snacks
      Like cheese if I'm starved lol. Also I am taking omegas, a metab-awake metabolism booster and the visalus appetite suppressant that seems pretty good made with calcium, chromium, potassium, l-tyrosine, carnitine, & l-theanine, garcina cambogia, hydroxyxitric acid, most of which I have used as a workout supplements in the past with the exceptions of the last few listed. So I did a really good workout last night and the test E I am is def. starting to work, my Gh dose is low right now and I will up it when more arrives
      In mail Wednesday as well as start on some T-Bol. So I was speaking to an Admin here and it was suggested to post my diet as the calories seem too low??? Can they be too low? Also it has been awhile since I have done a cycle but in the past I would intake 1.5-2 times my weight in grams of protein, is this needed? My diet is fairly high
      In protein and eat some sort of veggies every day. But how high should it be. According to the app. I have I am going over in a few things and under in a few keeping in mind some things I just do a quick add calories so nutrient wouldnt be tracked sugars are a lil high like 68 grams and the goal is 34, under on sodium nad potassium as well as fats and cholesterol which some I would think would be good staying low like cholesterol where the others I could use more of. I am over in things like vit. C etc. and under in iron. Protein is suggested at 64 and at 86 grams. These were for Saturday keeping
      In mid it may not be exactly accurate.
      So any input greatly appreciated!
      Thanks
      RJ

https://https://www.fitnessgeared.com/...ad.php?t=92502

As was suggested about the cals possibly being too low,this could be the case.If you take in less calories than your body needs to properly process its nutirents it may go into a panic mode and start storing cals.Instead of using fat as an energy source it will start to store it and use protein as energy.Its a natural defense mechanism the body has in times of stress.I know we all get into this paranoia about consuming too much fat or too many carbs so we can sometimes under cut these vital nutirents which puts us in a negative loop.The idea of addding fat or cvarbs to ones diet to LOSE weight is a foriegn concept to many but just may be what is needed sometimes.

Finding your bodies perfect numbers takes time and only you will be able to find these numbers thru trial and error.Slowly and slightly add some fat and carbs into your diet and see how things go.

Also,whats your training like? Are you doing enough cardio? Another fear by many.Everyone while cycling (especially when bulking) avoid cardio like the plague for fear of losing muscle mass.Not only is this not true,but of course can also hinder your gains.

Either way,please keep us posted with your progress and what changes you have tried and/or made and the results from each.Just give each change the time needed to see if they actually help or hurt your progress.

exphys88 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
      Overall activity: 19.0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Post up your stats (age, wt, height, bf% if you have it), activity level, and goals, and I can give you some examples of how I would break down the macros for a client.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

5'6" 137lbs, bf? 16-18%, 40 something haha. I do around 3.5 miles ed running and 1.25 miles on climber that is my cardio. I was doing around 6.5 miles, but dr told me to cut back, so doin around 5.25 miles. I concentrate on lower body, abs and some upper, but mostly just for tone. Not trying to build mass in upper. My goal is to be around 12% bf. Loose another 7-9lbs and make some lean mass. Currently eating almost all protein. No added sodium, fat, and hardly no carbs other than oat bran. Only fat is in the nat pnut butter i my shakes and flax oil. Doin primo 50mg ew and clen..right now 25mcg, 2 on 1 off.

exphys88 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
      Overall activity: 19.0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Hayden View Post
      5'6" 137lbs, bf? 16-18%, 40 something haha. I do around 3.5 miles ed running and 1.25 miles on climber that is my cardio. I was doing around 6.5 miles, but dr told me to cut back, so doin around 5.25 miles. I concentrate on lower body, abs and some upper, but mostly just for tone. Not trying to build mass in upper. My goal is to be around 12% bf. Loose another 7-9lbs and make some lean mass. Currently eating almost all protein. No added sodium, fat, and hardly no carbs other than oat bran. Only fat is in the nat pnut butter i my shakes and flax oil. Doin primo 50mg ew and clen..right now 25mcg, 2 on 1 off.
      This is how I would set up your macros:

Your BMR is 1300, with your activity level it's approximately 2200. This means that if you ate 2200 cals a day, you'd stay the same weight, theoretically. An 18% reduction in calories would put you at 1800 cals a day. This deficit should result in fat loss. Here is the macro breakdown:

Protein-140 grams=560 calories
      Fat-70 grams=630 calories
      Carbs-150 grams=600 calories

total calories=1800

adjust after 2 weeks (if needed) depending on how you feel. ie. how is your energy, hunger, training, weight changes?

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

So many questions! Lol and so much to learn & grow. Just got home from the gym but will post all my stats tmra at slow work.
      Thanks R

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

sorry for the hijack haha! Im SORRY

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

That's ok hun, anytime :-)

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

168 lbs. bf my buddy measured for me with calipers the other day and was 20% if It was done correctly. I am a 29 year old male this is my 4th or 5th cycle. I prob. Could have gotten my exersize back on track A lil better before I started on gear as I had ACL done and just trying to get back In shape finally. I plan to workout 2 on 1 off and yesterday my workout consisted of 10 min elipticAl warmup, some hamstring curls, lunges, light shoulder workout, Sit-ups with med ball, and some skipping in between to keep my heart rate up, another 10 min elipticAl cool down total of around 70 min an then to hot tub and sauna.
      So I've always believed that warm up cool down are important especially to get heart rate up An try to keep it up through workout and cool down for lactic acid?. I checked my hr before I left the sauna and it was still sitting around 130. I want to concentrate on legs and abs/core as much as I can as they are my weak points. Always thought I had strong legs but my knees feel way better when I work them. Want to maintain and tone upper body and try to become lean. :-)
      Goal=Abs and just all around a healthy strong body.
      3ml of test-E 250 every 2 weeks due to work
      2.4 iu Gh/day and will up a bit when more arrives as well as start on 20 mg T-Bol for first week stepping up on weekly basis.
      I think I figured the gh iu amount properly lol I mix 2.5 ml water and take .6/day
      Thanks again everyone loving this site now that a have a iPhone app. For it
      Rob

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

How are you taking the test? You said 3ml's every 2 wks but does that mean all 3 mls at once at the 2 wk mark? If so,I would re-think this dosing.Please post up your dosing schedule and everything you are taking.

Also,why the gh so early in the game? IMHO,GH should only be used after a long history of cycling.Just don't need it this early in the game.

Also,are you using any AI during the cycle like adex? If not,get some and start using it to help control water weight.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

How are you taking the test? You said 3ml's every 2 wks but does that mean all 3 mls at once at the 2 wk mark? If so,I would re-think this dosing.Please post up your dosing schedule and everything you are taking.<br />
      <br />
      Also,why the gh so early in the game? IMHO,GH should only be used after a long history of cycling.Just don't need it this early in the game.<br />
      <br />
      Also,are you using any AI during the cycle like adex? If not,get some and start using it to help control water weight.

I started with 1 ml and another 2ml 2 days later before I left for work in the past I've never dosed like this but my buddy said it would be fine to do but obviously not? I always stepped up before but was told since ive done it in the past and had no problems that as long as i tapered off it would not be a problem. As far as the GH I didn't know that it was not recommended so early as I did read something about it recently but already started so didn't really think it would be bad thing just costly lol.
      No al never have but you think I should hey. I'll ask if he has any.
      I am gong to start on T-Bol 20 mg a day soon as well.
      Thanks for your input :-)
      R

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level