• Join Us!
  • Homeowners insurance.....
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Homeowners insurance.....

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Homeowners insurance.....

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I find it very annoying that insurance is considered a mandatory thing for homeowners to have, yet the government lets the insurance companies continuosly rape our pocketbooks! Our premiums in Florida went up an average of 234%! I know alot of people are going to say "That's what you get for living by the coast"....But what about the parts of Florida that have been untouched by hurricanes for over 100 years? Why the hell are our rates getting jacked? Why do I have to pay for other peoples damage?

Now even the county is saying they don't have enough in the budget to cover the insurance costs for the county property. Meaning they will have to pass on the costs to the taxpayers. Big surprise there. Why would our government take the time to mandate what the insurance companies are allowed to charge? Before 2003 how many years went by where the insurance companies were making extreme amounts of money hand over fist, because there were no major tragedy's? Thats part of insurance, you win some and you lose some. They made a lot of money, and now they have to pay out a little. It's supposed to be a give/take relationship, not a take/take relationship.

If that wasn't bad enough along with the huge increase in prices now comes alot of coverages that are no longer included. Also the amounts that you will recieve have all gone down. So let me get this right......I pay more, and they give less?????? The government should not allow this price gouging!!!!!!!!!!! When are our citizens ever going to wake up and start rallying to stop this crap!! This is our country and we're letting it be run by corporations and politicians with an agenda! There needs to be a change and it needs to happen fast!!

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Homeowners insurance.....

BROTHER...I'VE BEEN SCREAMING ABOUT INSURANCE FOR YEARS. I'VE NEVER FILED AN AUTO CLAIM/ HOME OWNER CLAIM OR EVEN A MEDICAL CLAIM IN 20 YRS THAT I'VE BEEN PAYING IN. I WANT A PARTIAL REFUND!!! MY RATE'S CONTINUE TO GO UP AND THERE "PROTECTION" (FRIGGIN MOBSTERS), AND THERE SERVICE GOES DOWN......
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

That's exactly it! It's organized legal extortion.

That's just like the governments wonderful extortion tactics. They take money out of your check, then they tax any interest you make in your savings accounts(which they already taxed you on from your paycheck), then they tax you on any purchases you make, they tax you on any money you win like if you win the lottery. Now if you think about it, If they already tax you on your paycheck and then you use a little of what's left to buy a lottery ticket, why do they have the right to tax you again on it? That money has already been taxed.

Then you use your hard earned money that has already been taxed to pay your mortgage payments and such. Then when you decide to sell your house they tax you again on that (unless you get a bigger more expensive house than before which they don't tax you then). So basically it more than quadruple taxation. How is that even legal?

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I'm so sick of our scumbag governments ways to screw it's citizens. This country is not for the people. It's for the corporations. And lately not even for the american corporations since all the foreign ones are taking this country over little by little!

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

You only have to have insurance if you have a loan on your home. Also, the insurance is not mandatory from the government, it's madatory from your lender. It's to protect their investment. If they loan you 220k against your home and it burns down, the lose. But, if you have insurance, the house is rebuilt and life goes on. But, if you own your home free and clear you do not have to have home owners insurance. I think it would be crazy to invest so much money into something like a home and not insure it, but that's me.

PS - just speaking from my point of view, not attacking yours. And for the record, I totally agree that it sucks that your insurance has to go up because of what happens to those on the coast. If should be an area by area situation, IMO. I know in Colorado that your home owners insurance is done by zip code. I have a buddy who's in insurance and when he did my policy he put the wrong zip in and it changed my premium by $20 a month. I asked why. He said it was because there was a slightly higher crime rate in the my zip than in the other zip. It was the same with my car too. I live right in the middle part of town so there are very busy street close by. Because of the busier streets close to my home my car insurance was higher too. It sucks, but at least it makes sense.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

Waterboy is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

DJ, start writing and calling you congressmen and senators to push for a flat tax or a national sales tax and to eliminate the tax codes as they are now.
      This would be the best way to get each and every person to pay their share of taxes. Under this plan, the payroll taxes would be eliminated from your paycheck.
      Push it, Pull it, Rack it. Repeat untill wide!!

Take nothing I say as serious, What do I know, I sell water!!

Vet@FitnessGeared.com

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007
      You only have to have insurance if you have a loan on your home. Also, the insurance is not mandatory from the government, it's madatory from your lender. It's to protect their investment. If they loan you 220k against your home and it burns down, the lose. But, if you have insurance, the house is rebuilt and life goes on. But, if you own your home free and clear you do not have to have home owners insurance. I think it would be crazy to invest so much money into something like a home and not insure it, but that's me.

PS - just speaking from my point of view, not attacking yours. And for the record, I totally agree that it sucks that your insurance has to go up because of what happens to those on the coast. If should be an area by area situation, IMO. I know in Colorado that your home owners insurance is done by zip code. I have a buddy who's in insurance and when he did my policy he put the wrong zip in and it changed my premium by $20 a month. I asked why. He said it was because there was a slightly higher crime rate in the my zip than in the other zip. It was the same with my car too. I live right in the middle part of town so there are very busy street close by. Because of the busier streets close to my home my car insurance was higher too. It sucks, but at least it makes sense.
      I still think if you are mandated to have homeowners if you have a loan they should have to charge rates that match the areas income. It's absolutely no fair to anybody. I've seen in my neighborhood alone 19 homes that are now on the market and can't sell because of the raise in homeowners insurance. A lot of these people are old folks that are on a fixed income. If it's not bad enough we're getting raped at the pumps, now they have to screw people this way! Add that with rising health insurance costs and you have a winning combination to turn a huge percentage of american's into poverty.

I've heard this years ago when listening to the O'Riely factor and it's now starting to come true. He said that there will no longer be Upper, Middle, and Lower class. That it will be either Upper, or Lower. If you look at the current trends with the rising costs of virtually everything, and at how the wages aren't rising with the costs of things, you have a recipe for disaster!

The government needs to open it's f'n eyes and realize that if it doesn't make changes quick there's going to be some serious problems in this country! They need to mandate and put a cap on the insurance companies because they are all getting out of control!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy
      DJ, start writing and calling you congressmen and senators to push for a flat tax or a national sales tax and to eliminate the tax codes as they are now.
      This would be the best way to get each and every person to pay their share of taxes. Under this plan, the payroll taxes would be eliminated from your paycheck.
      I think I will. I've been learning an awful lot about government ever since I got into business and am sick with what I have learned. There is so much that is crooked that people don't realize about our government it's unbelievable!

Here's a perfect tax flaw......I buy tools for my business and have to pay tax just like any other citizen. At the end of the tax year I got a letter from the county to pay taxes. I called them to explain to them that in my profession I don't charge state tax on purchases as per the law. She tells me that I don't owe state tax on sales. That I have to pay a state tax on all of the tools I own. I explained that I already paid tax on all of my tools and have the reciepts to prove it. She said it doesn't matter I still have to pay the state tax again on any tools used for my business. I asked her if this was considered double taxation. She said it doesn't matter if it is or isn't, that it's the law and there's nothing I can do about it. Oh and of course even though I was polite and kept my cool, she was an absolute ***** from the minute she answered the phone. Makes me sick to my stomach!

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'm going to learn Chinese and move to China!!!
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER
      I still think if you are mandated to have homeowners if you have a loan they should have to charge rates that match the areas income. It's absolutely no fair to anybody. I've seen in my neighborhood alone 19 homes that are now on the market and can't sell because of the raise in homeowners insurance. A lot of these people are old folks that are on a fixed income. If it's not bad enough we're getting raped at the pumps, now they have to screw people this way! Add that with rising health insurance costs and you have a winning combination to turn a huge percentage of american's into poverty.

I've heard this years ago when listening to the O'Riely factor and it's now starting to come true. He said that there will no longer be Upper, Middle, and Lower class. That it will be either Upper, or Lower. If you look at the current trends with the rising costs of virtually everything, and at how the wages aren't rising with the costs of things, you have a recipe for disaster!

The government needs to open it's f'n eyes and realize that if it doesn't make changes quick there's going to be some serious problems in this country! They need to mandate and put a cap on the insurance companies because they are all getting out of control!
      Yeah, I agree with you about the tax thing being location specific. But, there is no way they can cover their losses by just raising taxes on home by the coast. It sucks. As far as the people having to sell, that really sucks. There should deffinately be some kind of government help for those on fixed incomes, like seniors and disabled.

I don't even want to talk about gas prices, ther are going up here too. You know what pisses me off about that, we have the technology to switch to ethanol and I've been told by a few engineers that the conversion is very simple. So, we could be completely and totally self sufficiant when it comes to fuel source. But, that's not the only thing, I know for a fact that we have crude oil taps all over this country that the government is just sitting on. My uncle was doing some kind work with the government and it involved drilling. Well, everytime they hit oil they called this number and a group of government vehicles showed up and they tapped off the oil and numbered it. He said in Louisiana alone there are literally hundreds of these tapped oil resevoirs. He said they are everywhere, but the government doesn't want anyone to know. Now, here's why I think they are doing that. Scientists have predicted that the oil in the Middle east will run out in 20 to 50 years. So, IMO, I think out government is waiting until it does and then WE will be the source of oil for the world. IMO, that's a dumb idea. We need to swith the ethanol and get the rest of the world to jump on board. Crush the income going into the Middle east NOW! That will also hurt the terrorists too. But, who's gonna listen to me.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Yeah, I agree with you about the tax thing being location specific. But, there is no way they can cover their losses by just raising taxes on home by the coast. It sucks. As far as the people having to sell, that really sucks. There should deffinately be some kind of government help for those on fixed incomes, like seniors and disabled.

I don't even want to talk about gas prices, ther are going up here too. You know what pisses me off about that, we have the technology to switch to ethanol and I've been told by a few engineers that the conversion is very simple. So, we could be completely and totally self sufficiant when it comes to fuel source. But, that's not the only thing, I know for a fact that we have crude oil taps all over this country that the government is just sitting on. My uncle was doing some kind work with the government and it involved drilling. Well, everytime they hit oil they called this number and a group of government vehicles showed up and they tapped off the oil and numbered it. He said in Louisiana alone there are literally hundreds of these tapped oil resevoirs. He said they are everywhere, but the government doesn't want anyone to know. Now, here's why I think they are doing that. Scientists have predicted that the oil in the Middle east will run out in 20 to 50 years. So, IMO, I think out government is waiting until it does and then WE will be the source of oil for the world. IMO, that's a dumb idea. We need to swith the ethanol and get the rest of the world to jump on board. Crush the income going into the Middle east NOW! That will also hurt the terrorists too. But, who's gonna listen to me.
      Absolutely right Tmann!

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

your right...but, insurance for auto is reguired by law regardless of lien or not. (just was pointing that out, but your right alltogether)
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by daved150
      your right...but, insurance for auto is reguired by law regardless of lien or not. (just was pointing that out, but your right alltogether)
      Yeah, but that's to protect the other driver. The only mandatory car insurance is liability. Which makes sense. Of course, it's smart to carry home owners insurance anyways because of personal injury too. Someone gets hurt on your property, insurance pays. I guess since the possibility of someone getting hurt in your house is so low that there is no mandatory insurance.

I guess the big difference is the government requires auto insurance and financial institutions require home owners insurance.