• Join Us!
  • R6 bottom end
  • R6 bottom end
  • R6 bottom end
  • R6 bottom end
  • R6 bottom end
  • R6 bottom end
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: R6 bottom end

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default R6 bottom end

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end

• R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end
      I can't really tell much about the new R6 until I get it broke in and can actually ride it, but I can vouch for some of the editorials that I've read that mention they aren't as strong as the CBR off the bottom. I tryed to pick it up in 1st gear and it won't do it where my CBR would. It won't do it a thousand RPM higher. I didn't go any higher because I shouldn't even be trying to walk it yet. It don't need to see no wheely RPMs until it's broke in, but I just wanted to see. So, it doesn't have the (umph) the CBR does at lower RPM, but those same editorials said it's the one to beat on the track, which is the
      top half of the RPM range.
      1 up

Go Gators

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Re: R6 bottom end

ITS ALL ON THE RIDER ANYWAYS
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

yes it is, and don't think that I'm going from Honda to Yami. I've kinda always wanted to see what the R6 is about. I grew up on Honda, and know Honda is, and has always been 3 steps ahead of everybody else. Best engineering in the biz.

You know me. We've went over this before.
      1 up

Go Gators

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Well, now that I'm on up around 750miles. I only have a couple more hundred to go before it's officially broke in. I'm gonna change the oil this week, it'll be the 2nd change. First change was at around 350, I think it was, because most of the shavings come off in the first couple hundred miles. But the deal is, I've been riding it a little harder and hitting some RPM like you need to do once you cross that 500mile mark, and this bad boy has turned into a beast. It all the sudden there's bottom end that wasn't there. I picked it up around 7or8k in first with power. I thought I'd have to clutch it up...even in first. But I walked it out nice in 2nd. I clutched those up a couple times though, but I'm thinking it will power up pretty much like my last bike. It may take a slightly higher RPM by a grand or 2 but it'll do it. Ive never been into clutch wheelies. They just don't seem to have the control of when you throttle it up, but I gotta say, From cluthing it up a few times, I think I'm gonna like that better. They look more controlled when you watch it done by someone that can wheely good, and the guys that stunt, clutch 'em up. I like it. They claim it's more controlled. I think the reason they claim more control is when you clutch it up, you don't have to be as high in the RPMs so when it sets sail, the throttle isn't nearly as twitchy.
      But I don't know. I do know I love to wheelie. That's something thats looked badass to me since I was a little kid...to see a sportbike coming down the road walking down on the back tire. I love it. I gotta see how far I can stoppie this bytch now. I haven't even done the first one yet. Not even a little cheezy one. And that's about as tricky as I'll get. I ain't beating the hell outa my new bike.
      1 up

Go Gators

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

1-2-3 gear on my gsxr750 the bike will lift right off the ground. ive never done a wheelie but i'm getting devlish and getting the front tire off by just slamming the throttle while in first while i'm doing like 20mph
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end

• R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end
      • R6 bottom end
      Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      1-2-3 gear on my gsxr750 the bike will lift right off the ground. ive never done a wheelie but i'm getting devlish and getting the front tire off by just slamming the throttle while in first while i'm doing like 20mph
      If I'm just running thru the gears with this one. It will walk up 1-4th. If I speed shift, it'd go over, or I'd have to be letting off to let it back down.

But yeah dude. You gots more power. You should have no problem powering it up in 1 or 2 at a lower RPM than a 600. How you're doing is how I learnd to walk a little 1st gear wheelie. I'd power it up to almost the balance point and then power it out in first, which isn't far. Then I learned to click 2nd, and ride it out. You don't use the clutch ofcoarse or it's coming down. You can shift these bikes without using the clutch. You just barely twirk the throttle and it'll hit the next gear. I used to do stand up wheelies in 2nd from about 45mph. I would shove down on the front, and on the rebound, gas it and lift off, then walk it as far as you wanted me to. I always heard clutch wheelies are more controlled though, so I'm gonna get those down. I noticed last night that you have a broader rpm range to do them from too. Power wheelies, at least on a 6...you have to be right around a certain RPM. And that rpm is higher than where you can clutch them up at.

The main thing about wheelies is that once you lift off, the throttle adjustments are so tiny. It takes just a millimeter to adjust, or you're giving it to much, resulting in going too high or bringing it back down. Just a tiny twitch of the throttle is what keeps you walking it. And don't worry aboout going over. Another great thing about sportbikes is the engine brake. Which I'm sure you've noticed. Some people will say, "cover your rear brake, duh huh",..but you ain't gotta do that. You have plenty of engine brake that will slam the front down if you're not careful just by letting of the throttle. And the balance point is way back there. You know that point where your heart skips a beat and you loose your stomach?...You're almost at the balance point right there.
      1 up

Go Gators