• Join Us!
  • Libertarians issue warning to Tea Partiers
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Libertarians issue warning to Tea Partiers

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Libertarians issue warning to Tea Partiers

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

WASHINGTON - Looking toward the 9/12 Tea Party events in Washington, DC, Libertarian Party executive director Wes Benedict issued the following warning to Tea Partiers: "Republicans are trying to fool you again."

"There are two kinds of Tea Partiers," said Benedict. "One kind is so blinded by its hatred of Obama and Democrats that it cannot see fault with Republicans. It's the other kind the Libertarian Party is reaching out to."

Libertarian Party staff and volunteers will participate in the Washington, DC Tea Party events on September 12. They will distribute flyers pointing out how the Top 10 Disasters of the 2009-2010 Obama administration mirror the Top 10 Disasters of the 2001-2008 Bush administration.

Benedict continued, "Libertarians have much in common with Tea Party goals of reducing government spending and taxes. While many Tea Party supporters will admit that George W. Bush's administration grew government, Libertarians want to remind Tea Partiers about previous Republican administrations that loved big government.

"Republican Newt Gingrich and the Contract with America promised to eliminate the Departments of Education and Energy. Yet once Republicans took control of Congress, they failed even to reduce the spending on those departments.

"Republican President George Bush, Sr. remains famous for coining the phrase 'Read my lips, no new taxes,' and then raising taxes.

"Republican President Ronald Reagan grew federal government spending to the highest level it had reached since World War II. He also 'saved Social Security' by raising payroll taxes.

"Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole was a huge supporter of taxpayer subsidies for corn and ethanol.

"In 1971, Republican President Richard Nixon instituted wage and price controls. That made a group of free-market supporters so angry that they decided to form the Libertarian Party.

"Republicans seem to think we're idiots. For decades they have paid lip-service to shrinking government, while consistently doing the opposite in office.

"Our fear is that Tea Partiers might say 'This time it will be different.' No it won't. If you vote for Republicans this time, it will just reinforce the message that they can lie to you and grow government with impunity.

"Current Republicans are just as bad as past Republicans.

"This year, Libertarian Party co-founder David Nolan is running for U.S. Senate against Republican John McCain, who famously suspended his 2008 presidential campaign so he could rush back to Washington to bail out the banks.

"Republican leader John Boehner might end up as the next House Speaker, and he voted for George W. Bush's huge 2003 Medicare expansion.

"John Cornyn, Republican senator from Texas, and current chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, voted for the TARP bailouts.

"Ron Paul is probably the only Republican congressman willing to point out the huge cost of America's foreign wars and empire building. Other Republicans pretend that spending trillions on the military just doesn't count as big government.

"With Social Security, Medicare, and military spending making up the vast majority of federal spending, you can't cut significantly without cutting those. But Republicans refuse to touch them.

"Libertarians welcome the Tea Party movement's focus on the problem of government growth. However, we are concerned that Tea Partiers might fall for the Republicans' trickery.

"Republican leaders have brought up distractions like New York City mosques and gay marriage to distract voters from Republicans' big-government track record. We hope that Tea Partiers will see through the smoke and mirrors.

"While our nation is declining dangerously right now, a turnaround could be straightforward and simple with Libertarian steps like these: 1. Bring our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan; 2. Stop rewarding failed companies with bailouts; 3. Cut taxes and spending and let the free market work.

"The Libertarian Party is fielding 168 candidates for U.S. House, and 20 candidates for U.S. Senate this year. Win or lose, a vote for a Libertarian sends a clear message for smaller government and more freedom. What message does a vote for John McCain send?"

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Libertarians issue warning to Tea Partiers

The more I hear garbage like this the more I beleive that there are alot of libertarians that have the same belief type as liberls do.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      The more I hear garbage like this the more I beleive that there are alot of libertarians that have the smae belief type as liberls do.
      That's just nonsense.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by straydoglogic View Post
      That's just nonsense.
      nonsense

where do you want me to start by picking out qotes that are the same as liberals do.See stray the republicans have no trickery but some of you way off base libertarians want to think so just like the liberals. But the botton line is we are going to win. so tell e why if the libertarians are so right why arent they wining now or in the past
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

It is true that both parties are guilty of growing government. It is also true that this administration is growing government at a rate that will possibly become irreversible. Will a Republican Party in office fix the current economy? I doubt it, but it will stop the out of control spending I hope. However, the damage has been done, and once money velocity kicks in we are doomed to levels of inflation never seen, not even in 1980 when we had 20%. All I do lately is think of how best to invest my savings so I don't become broke when inflation sets in. Gold and silver are options but no way will I dump all my money into a potential bubble. I'm thinking real estate is the only answer. The only hope we can have is that velocity does not grow to the levels it was at prior to the recession. Unfortunately, the only way to get businesses borrowing money again means velocity kicks in. But with a $14 trillion deficit this would be catastrophic. I have been pondering this for the last few weeks and have not come to a conclusion. It is possible that velocity does not get to the high levels it was at before since the housing boom played a major role. However, with legislation like was recently passed forcing banks to loan to businesses we will see it begin to pick up. It's a double edge sword, and one that I have not heard any economists talking about. It is the key to inflation and the reason we have not seen inflation yet. It could send gold and silver skyrocketing virtually infinitely. Who knows, don't have a crystal ball. But this is the most important thing I can think of to research at the moment. Forget about the parties, none of that matters right now. The money has been created, now the question is when will it hit the economy.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

nonsense

where do you want me to start by picking out qotes that are the same as liberals do.See stray the republicans have no trickery but some of you way off base libertarians want to think so just like the liberals. But the botton line is we are going to win. so tell e why if the libertarians are so right why arent they wining now or in the past
      You see Fuzo, here's the difference between us. I as a Libertarian can look at other parties and see what they've done wrong or done right and agree or disagree with them equally. You toe the party line so much that it's almost just like a game of winning. Your party must win and nobody from another party is right about anything. I don't know why the well being of our country has become a contest. And if you don't know why our party isn't winning now or in the past then you may never get it. The party was founded in 1971 and quickly rose to become the 3rd largest party in America. The reason they haven't won is due to many factors. One being biased media. Two is the effort of the two parties to keep all other parties out. And there are many more reasons if you open your mind and dig a little deeper. So yeah, if you wouldn't mind taking the time, please point out those quotes. And your way off base or out of touch if you think the Republican party uses no trickery. They both do it.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Every party has screwed and if there was a libertarian party they would of screwed up to . It seems you dont think that the libertarians would of ever screwed up up bad. But now that our country is in the worst shape ever the republicans are going back to the constitution and will stop the spending and repeal this bull shit health care and so on.The democrats have crossed the line this time and spent more then ever before in history even when the republicans held the house and senate.You talk about media well hello they rip the republicans apart every day and imo we dont need another party to divide our country even more and that would happen. You cant have 3 partys in the usa it would be chaos. Its chaos now but you want another one to make things even more difficult.

Your party must win and nobody from another party is right about anything
      Yes my party must win to get this country in the right track because there program is the right way to do it.. Less taxes get small business's going again,quit raisng the debt all that stuff. democrats want more spending more debt,there beleif system is screwed up.. You say war is wrong but you have to be realistic that war will always happen and we have to defend our country.

You say when will the money hit the Economy when this president is out of office and in 30 days when we take back the house.All this president will have is his veto power.This scum bag has failed us

[

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Every party has screwed and if there was a libertarian party they would of screwed up to . It seems you dont think that the libertarians would of ever screwed up up bad. But now that our country is in the worst shape ever the republicans are going back to the constitution and will stop the spending and repeal this bull shit health care and so on.The democrats have crossed the line this time and spent more then ever before in history even when the republicans held the house and senate.You talk about media well hello they rip the republicans apart every day and imo we dont need another party to divide our country even more and that would happen. You cant have 3 partys in the usa it would be chaos. Its chaos now but you want another one to make things even more difficult.

Yes my party must win to get this country in the right track because there program is the right way to do it.. Less taxes get small business's going again,quit raisng the debt all that stuff. democrats want more spending more debt,there beleif system is screwed up.. You say war is wrong but you have to be realistic that war will always happen and we have to defend our country.

[
      I tend to think the opposite. If the two party system keeps screwing up then it would be wise to try a third party. The reason libertarians believe the libertarian party would do a better job is because libertarians for the most part, truly do stand for individualism and personal liberties. The republicans have strayed away from this and moved to big government policies. This is a fact with both parties that cannot be disputed. All one has to do is read the policies put in place by each administration. There are new laws proposed and passed every day, which means the government is constantly growing larger and liberties are retracting. The opposite of liberty is government, thus the more government the less liberty. However, if the Libertarian Party ever becomes a major office holder in Congress and the Senate, I don't doubt for a minute that corruption would find its way in the party eventually. In politics it seems to be the norm no matter what party they are in.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.