• Join Us!
  • The teleprompter did not break
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The teleprompter did not break

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default The teleprompter did not break

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Sarah Palin delivered a powerful speech last night, but she did not "wing it."

Which is what Erick Erickson, citing sources close to McCain, has written on his blog, RedState.

Erickson writes that "the teleprompter continued scrolling during applause breaks. As a result, half way through the speech, the speech had scrolled significantly from where Gov. Palin was in the speech."

This claim has been picked up on Drudge and could quickly enter into the insta-mythmaking about a speech that need not be embroidered.

Perhaps there were moments where it scrolled slightly past her exact point in the speech. But I was sitting in the press section next to the stage, within easy eyeshot of the teleprompter. I frequently looked up at the machine, and there was no serious malfunction. A top convention planner confirms this morning that there were no major problems.

Erickson writes that the same malfunction happened during Rudy Giuliani's speech earlier in the night. Again, I watched the teleprompter during this speech, and it worked without problem. Giuliani, as is his wont, simply decided to go off-script and add some new lines, such as one attacking Obama for his "bitter" comments.

These extemporaneous comments, many of which drew huge applause, made the former New York mayor's speech run much longer than planned. So much so that a convention planner confirms that they had to scrap a planned video ahead of Palin's speech.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: The teleprompter did not break

WHAT EVER STRAY WHY DONT YOU GET SOME INFO FROM REAL SITES AND NOT BLOGS AND SUCH. ANYTHING TO DISCRIMINATE MCCAIN OR PALIN SEEMS TO BE YOUR JOB HERE.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by straydoglogic View Post
      Sarah Palin delivered a powerful speech last night, but she did not "wing it."

Which is what Erick Erickson, citing sources close to McCain, has written on his blog, RedState.

Erickson writes that "the teleprompter continued scrolling during applause breaks. As a result, half way through the speech, the speech had scrolled significantly from where Gov. Palin was in the speech."

This claim has been picked up on Drudge and could quickly enter into the insta-mythmaking about a speech that need not be embroidered.

Perhaps there were moments where it scrolled slightly past her exact point in the speech. But I was sitting in the press section next to the stage, within easy eyeshot of the teleprompter. I frequently looked up at the machine, and there was no serious malfunction. A top convention planner confirms this morning that there were no major problems.

Erickson writes that the same malfunction happened during Rudy Giuliani's speech earlier in the night. Again, I watched the teleprompter during this speech, and it worked without problem. Giuliani, as is his wont, simply decided to go off-script and add some new lines, such as one attacking Obama for his "bitter" comments.

These extemporaneous comments, many of which drew huge applause, made the former New York mayor's speech run much longer than planned. So much so that a convention planner confirms that they had to scrap a planned video ahead of Palin's speech.

I do believe journalists are like attorneys and you have to read their words from a literal perspective (Charlie Gibson - perfect example) and from the way this story is written it can be interpreted (and the interpretation is probably correct) as there was no malfunction with the machine but the operator did not pause the teleprompter during applause.

The reason I think this interpretation is probably correct is in the first part of the story the author is very specific in stating the issue is he is going to challenge but then when gets to the part of the story where he challenges the validity of Palin's "winging it" he starts questioning whether the teleprompter malfunctioned. The teleprompter did not have to malfunction in order for the operator not to pause during applause - two different issues and because the author threw up this separate issue and attacked it instead of his initial claim - i would conclude he is being dishonest.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      WHAT EVER STRAY WHY DONT YOU GET SOME INFO FROM REAL SITES AND NOT BLOGS AND SUCH. ANYTHING TO DISCRIMINATE MCCAIN OR PALIN SEEMS TO BE YOUR JOB HERE.
      if you look in another post where i said that people are coming out about this..and we'll see what happens..you will see that i said that we will see how it all unfolds...im bringing information to light..thats all im doing...
      and if you feel that my only job here is to tell the truth about mccain..err..."discriminate"..which im not doing..slandering maybe..discriminate..umm no...but if thats how you feel then you have the power to tell me to leave...
      listen..just because our views differ and i want to give people the other side of the coin doesnt mean that i have an agenda...the majority of people here have become so pro-mccain lately and that is due in large do to your influence..which of course by you owning the board is your right..you can do whatever you want...
      but all i would like to do is give people the other side of the story...
      ive posted a ton of info and a ton of videos proving my point..has it changed anybodys mind...probably not..but the information is out there...and it is only fair that people are informed and educated...
      i understand that you may not like some of the things i post about your guy but the truth is what it is...you can put lipstick on a pig..but its still a pig....lol

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

THEN YOU SHOULD POST INFO ON BOTH CANIDATES THEN STRAY NOT JUST ONE AND FROM LEGIT SITES. AND IF YOU THINK JUST BECAUSE I OWN THE BOARD AND THE MEMBERS ARE SIDING WITH ME ISNT TRUE. THESE MEMBERS HAVE A MIND OF THERE OWN.AND THAT INFO YOU POSTED WAS IT FROM A BLOG OR FROM A LIBERAL SITE. CAN YOU CONFIRM THE AUTHENTICITY OF THAT TELPROMPTER. AND IF KLASH THINKS THE AUTHOR IS LYING WHY WOULDNT YOU TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT BUT YOU WONT TAKE MINE.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Wow! If Fuzo can influence people that much, on who they should vote for, maybe he should run for president! Even though Fuzo is my husband, I still have a mind of my own and I choose McCain as well.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
      Wow! If Fuzo can influence people that much, on who they should vote for, maybe he should run for president! Even though Fuzo is my husband, I still have a mind of my own and I choose McCain as well.

YOU BETTER *****,

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

THEN YOU SHOULD POST INFO ON BOTH CANIDATES THEN STRAY NOT JUST ONE AND FROM LEGIT SITES. AND IF YOU THINK JUST BECAUSE I OWN THE BOARD AND THE MEMBERS ARE SIDING WITH ME ISNT TRUE. THESE MEMBERS HAVE A MIND OF THERE OWN.AND THAT INFO YOU POSTED WAS IT FROM A BLOG OR FROM A LIBERAL SITE. CAN YOU CONFIRM THE AUTHENTICITY OF THAT TELPROMPTER. AND IF KLASH THINKS THE AUTHOR IS LYING WHY WOULDNT YOU TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT BUT YOU WONT TAKE MINE.
      im not taking klashes word or yours on it...because i said that we will see what comes to light..it may be true or it may not..or it may amount to nothing at all...we'll just have to see what pops up...i didnt only read that from that persons blog..i heard it somewhere else and that is what prompted me to look more in to it...so again..we'll see what happens with it...

Scalleywag is offline Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by straydoglogic View Post
      im not taking klashes word or yours on it...because i said that we will see what comes to light..it may be true or it may not..or it may amount to nothing at all...we'll just have to see what pops up...i didnt only read that from that persons blog..i heard it somewhere else and that is what prompted me to look more in to it...so again..we'll see what happens with it...
      With all due respect Stray you just contradicted yourself. You state that you are putting out there only the truth about McCain and Palin but then you follow that up with the statement it may be true or not. Im pretty sure all Fuzo is asking is that if you are going to be the "beckon of truth" then do it for both sides.

There's no doubt that McCain and Palin take it on the chin in today's liberal media. Then you have us citizens that wish the media would call it both ways so we find ourselves taking up for McCain and Palin because we feel like they're being treated unfairly. That is my frustration and I am sure that is a lot of Fuzo's frustration.

Bottom line, call it both ways. post something about Obama's questionable ties, his earmarks that resulted in Michelle Obama's hospital receiving millions of dollars, his inability to take a side and vote on anything in the Senate. The way I see Obama is getting a free pass on most of this stuff.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scalleywag View Post

Bottom line, call it both ways. post something about Obama's questionable ties, his earmarks that resulted in Michelle Obama's hospital receiving millions of dollars, his inability to take a side and vote on anything in the Senate. The way I see Obama is getting a free pass on most of this stuff.
      i dont need to post about these things because they are already known...lol..
      and the reason i post so much negativity about mccain and palin is because they are the topic of discussion..if someone posted something positive about obama i would seek the truth in that as well...but the negativity on obama is already being taken care of here..
      and you may be right about me contradicting myself...i did say i like to find and post the truth..and i did say that something may or may not be true...but i was bringing it to everybody's attention..
      maybe i should have been more clear in that..thanks for calling me out on that...

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

fuzo, come on man, accusing stray of doing something u do 24-7 with a propaganda bias

stray is upfront and clear in how he see's it, and why, he states and opinion, and oh my gosh actually says it is an opinion, how blasphemous, how can someone be so crazy as too be honest in a conversation

fuzo how many links do you posts that the only credibility is that..........IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN.........IT HAS BEEN SAID.........THUS IT IS THE TRUTH AND ONLY TRUTH.........AND ANYONE WHO QUESTIONS IT IS.....WELL....UN-AMERICAN.....UN-INFORMED.......HAS AN AGENDA

propaganda 101, rove is an expert, first class for all the neo-con troops, if you lie long and hard enough and often enough, enough will stick to get some stuck............oh my oh my, that's also a terrorist tactic, yet, rove uses words like bombs.......same principle, and same lack of integrity and scruples

firstenrgy is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

AND IF YOU THINK JUST BECAUSE I OWN THE BOARD AND THE MEMBERS ARE SIDING WITH ME ISNT TRUE. THESE MEMBERS HAVE A MIND OF THERE OWN
      I agree! I for one enjoy having a board with members of like mind.
      I do not know what stray wrote but the title "The Teleprompter Didn't Break" Doesn't sound like "opinion" to me.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
      fuzo, come on man, accusing stray of doing something u do 24-7 with a propaganda bias

stray is upfront and clear in how he see's it, and why, he states and opinion, and oh my gosh actually says it is an opinion, how blasphemous, how can someone be so crazy as too be honest in a conversation

fuzo how many links do you posts that the only credibility is that..........IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN.........IT HAS BEEN SAID.........THUS IT IS THE TRUTH AND ONLY TRUTH.........AND ANYONE WHO QUESTIONS IT IS.....WELL....UN-AMERICAN.....UN-INFORMED.......HAS AN AGENDA

propaganda 101, rove is an expert, first class for all the neo-con troops, if you lie long and hard enough and often enough, enough will stick to get some stuck............oh my oh my, that's also a terrorist tactic, yet, rove uses words like bombs.......same principle, and same lack of integrity and scruples

GO CLIP YOUR TOE NAILS OR SOMETHING

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

da truth shall set u free, like mccain a man of honor calls for a public lynching today of SEC chariman cox, men of integrigy do it behind closed doors if it is at all neccessary, which it aint'

yet, we know cause it is a fact john will say anything to get elected, one erratic man no doubt

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
      da truth shall set u free, like mccain a man of honor calls for a public lynching today of SEC chariman cox, men of integrigy do it behind closed doors if it is at all neccessary, which it aint'

yet, we know cause it is a fact john will say anything to get elected, one erratic man no doubt

AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH MCCAIN WANTING HIM FIRED MR LIBERAL