• Join Us!
  • Accutane
  • Accutane
  • Accutane
  • Accutane
  • Accutane
  • Accutane
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Accutane

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Accutane

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Accutane
      • Accutane

• Accutane
      • Accutane
      • Accutane
      • Accutane
      • Accutane
      • Accutane
      Accutane is a powerful, doctor-prescribed treatment for controlling acne. When used under the right conditions, it can be a very effective acne fighting treatment. However, great care should be taken before starting an Accutane therapy.

Accutane is a naturally-occurring derivative of Vitamin A, and therefore is quickly absorbed by the body. It works by altering DNA transcription, to decrease the size and output of sebaceous glands - in other words, reducing the amount of oil produced by the body. It also makes the cells in the sebaceous glands less "sticky" and therefore less able to form whiteheads and blackheads.

Accutane is usually prescribed for individuals with moderate to severe acne who haven't responded to other forms of acne treatments. Treatment usually lasts 4-6 months. Some people notice that their acne gets worse after beginning Accutane therapy. This is normal and the skin will usually show signs of improvement within 4 weeks.

Over two million people have used Accutane so it is a very well-known and monitored medication. While it has proven very effective in about 50% of respondents, it also has a long list of side effects. These include

• Birth defects

• Depression

• Thoughts of suicide

• Dry skin

• Red, cracked, and sore lips

• Nosebleeds

• Joint and muscle pain

• Hair thinning

• Headaches

• Decreased night vision

Because of this list of potentially dangerous side effects, and the cost of the medication, many doctors prescribe Accutane only after other acne treatments have failed. In fact, the birth defects that are attributed to Accutane are so severe that many doctors ask for two negative pregnancy tests before they even prescribe the drug. On the other hand, many of the people who have tried other acne treatments without success have found positive results with Accutane.

For a non-prescription alternative to Accutane, many people have found success with Vilantae. Like Accutane, Vilantae fights acne by controlling the amount of oil that is produced by the body. While it is less convenient than Accutane, it does not require a prescription and is much less expensive.

Bottom line: Accutane is an effective treatment for moderate to severe acne. However, it is expensive, only available via prescription, and has a long list of side effects. Accutane should only be used as a last resort.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

mtweighmore is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 55
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Accutane

thank you god for accutane, but your right it is mad scary to think a women could get birth defects

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Accutane is absolutely amazing. I only used it for about a month and that was all I needed, but I only kept like 1 or 2 pimples at a time. I witnessed it taking care of a serious case of acne that my neighbor had in about 2 months. Unbelievable stuff! It is stout though and pretty hard on ya, but worth it all day long if you're sick of a pimple staring back at ya in the mirror.

I remember reading the side effects in the little pamphlet that comes in the box and thinking..'holy shyt!'..but it's all good. I do have to use chap stick for the rest of my life apparently, and I would get very tiny bits of blood on the tissue when I clean my nose after a shower for about 6 months after useing it. I'm actually not having to use chap stick as much as I was for years. Also, your skin is smoother than a baby's ass after accutane. It's the freshest newest skin ever.
      1 up

Go Gators

Rebel Yell is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 48
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Accutane works. Could at times affect your mood.
      Rock On!

a-bomb83 is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i've often thought about this....i'm not sure the recommended dose of accutane, but would be safe/ok to use like 1/4 the recommended dose for a long period of time to keep acne at bay? that make sense? if 20mg/day for 2 months was the protocol, would 5mg/day for upwards to 6 months be ok? this is all an example, as i have no idea recommended dose/duration.
      Hey, I never saw a skinny bodybuilder before - eat away!
      - Testify

THE BEST WAY TO GET OVER A GIRL IS TO GET UNDER ANOTHER ONE

Rebel Yell is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 48
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Hey a-bomb83. Personally I use it on a "need to" rather than preventive measures alone. If I see or get skin problems , I'd take 20mg in the morning and 20mg at night UNTIL it clears. Accutane can be harsh on your liver alone AND can really affect your mood as in depression.
      Make sure to drink it down with lots of water, it can burn in your stomach otherwise.
      AND do not get a tan or stay in the sun when on accutane. You get serious sunburn.
      Hope that helps.
      Rock On!

MAK2102 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 274
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Ummmm gonna go against the grain and say with that list of side effects, I would deal with the acne if i had it. Its like those commercials that advertise certain breakthrough drugs......."side effects may include, cramping, diarrhea, headaches, sore throat, nausea, and in some rare cases have caused a fatal heart condition. But it has a 98% success rate in curing heartburn". F*CK THAT!!
      Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.

What lies before me and what lies ahead of me are small compared to what lies within me.

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Accutane
      • Accutane

• Accutane
      • Accutane
      • Accutane
      • Accutane
      • Accutane
      • Accutane
      I know 3 people that have taken Accutane including myself without any serious sides. I did it a little different than prescribed sorta like RebelYell mentioned. They usually want you to take it anywhere from 3-6 months. I think that I took it for a month total and that cleared me for life. I didn't have a severe acne problem like some folks do though. I just always kept a couple and that sucked. The first week or 2 of taking it, you break out real bad. Then your skin gets super dry and smooth as a baby's ass. It's the freshest, best skin that you ever felt. Once mine got like that, I quit taking it, which was about 3 weeks in but I took it for another week just incase. A month was ample for me because like I said, I have had very clear acne free skin ever since, and it was right after the new year of 2001 that I took it. It was well worth it. Accutane works wonders on your skin. It would not be cool to have one of the serious behavioral sides at all though.
      1 up

Go Gators