• Join Us!
  • Collin Powells endorsement
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collin Powells endorsement

3sweeties
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Collin Powells endorsement

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Do you think it was racially and power motivated? I've always considered Powell to be somewhat of a conservative, I'm not sure other than I've read Obama will give a job and they are both partially black.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Collin Powells endorsement

i think he had a answer to that and i dont think it was racially motivated.
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

I guess we don't really know, but I somewhat think that he might have known this all along and came out with it now. He was confronted with this around the convention time.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i still have alot of respect for that man...regardless of his endorsements for whoever!

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      i still have alot of respect for that man...regardless of his endorsements for whoever!
      I think a lot of people feel the same way you do.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

quirkysmilin is offline FG Diva
      Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 192
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I personally think it is Powell's attempt to save face. I remember him speaking before Congress about the weapons of mass destruction and we all know how that turned out. The best way to disassociate yourself with an error made on this scale is to jump ship which is precisely what he is doing. He made some huge mistakes during the Bush administration which I feel Bush has been blamed for. This is a typical political game, avoid the blame,blame someone else and when that doesnt work, convert to the other side. I mean, did his choice for president really need to be known publicly? Has he really been relevant in the public arena since he passed the torch to Rice? I might have voted for him had he ran a few years ago, not now that I know his true character.
      A faithful heart makes wishes come true.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

powel feels obama is the right kind of president for the people powel is full of shit. this is just a slap in bush's face. this is a personal thing. powel says palin isnt ready to be president but obama is bull shit.there is no way in hell that obama has more expereince then palin this is a joke for powel to do this.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by quirkysmilin View Post
      I personally think it is Powell's attempt to save face. I remember him speaking before Congress about the weapons of mass destruction and we all know how that turned out. The best way to disassociate yourself with an error made on this scale is to jump ship which is precisely what he is doing. He made some huge mistakes during the Bush administration which I feel Bush has been blamed for. This is a typical political game, avoid the blame,blame someone else and when that doesnt work, convert to the other side. I mean, did his choice for president really need to be known publicly? Has he really been relevant in the public arena since he passed the torch to Rice? I might have voted for him had he ran a few years ago, not now that I know his true character.
      wow...i dont think i quite agree with you. (still love ya though buddy)...i think, at the time, he relayed the info that was given too him. i dont buy the whole conspieracy excuse. i buy the bad info excuse. yes, it was an embarrasement, but it was that for the whole admin. and, like a good little soldier (think Olie North) he sucked it up and took the heat! and i'm sure his choice had been asked for...so, i guess it would need to be known. (there was only 10-15 micro phones there which would indicate that there was a need and desire for his opinion)

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

are you calling quirky a buddy and still love her,lol quirky posted that dave,lol
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

snickers1 is offline Pocket Hercules Vet
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

wow...i dont think i quite agree with you. (still love ya though buddy)...i think, at the time, he relayed the info that was given too him. i dont buy the whole conspieracy excuse. i buy the bad info excuse. yes, it was an embarrasement, but it was that for the whole admin. and, like a good little soldier (think Olie North) he sucked it up and took the heat! and i'm sure his choice had been asked for...so, i guess it would need to be known. (there was only 10-15 micro phones there which would indicate that there was a need and desire for his opinion)

i agree with everything except the buddy part LOL!!!
      Don't worry about life, you're not going to survive it anyway.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The Bush Administration Cooperates with Pakistan's Military-Intelligence

The Bush Administration consciously took the decision in "the post September 11 consultations" at the State Department to directly "cooperate" with Pakistan's military intelligence (ISI) despite its links to Osama bin Laden and the Taliban and its alleged role in the assassination of Commander Masood, which coincidentally occurred two days before the terrorist attacks.

Meanwhile, the Western media --in the face of mounting evidence-- had remained silent on the insidious role of Pakistan's Military Intelligence agency (ISI). The assassination of Masood was mentioned, but its political significance in relation to September 11 and the subsequent decision to go to war against Afghanistan, was barely touched upon.

Without discussion or debate, Pakistan had been heralded as a "friend" and ally of America.

In an utterly twisted logic, the US media had concluded in chorus that:

US officials had sought cooperation from Pakistan [precisely] because it is the original backer of the Taliban, the hard-line Islamic leadership of Afghanistan accused by Washington of harboring bin Laden. 10

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Behind Close Doors at the State Department
      The Bush Administration had sought the "cooperation" of those, who were directly supporting and abetting the terrorists. Absurd, but at the same time consistent with Washington's broader strategic and economic objectives in Central Asia.

The meeting behind closed doors at the State Department on September 13 between Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage and Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad was shrouded in secrecy. Remember President Bush was not even involved in these crucial negotiations:

"Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage handed over [to ISI chief Mahmoud Ahmad] a list of specific steps Washington wanted Pakistan to take".13 "After a telephone conversation between [Secretary of State Colin] Powell and Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said Pakistan had promised to cooperate." 14 President George W. Bush later confirmed (also on the morning of September 13th) that the Pakistan government had accepted "to cooperate and to participate as we hunt down those people who committed this unbelievable, despicable act on America''. 15

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Cover-up and Complicity?
      The existence of an "ISI-Osama-Taliban axis" is a matter of public record. The links between the ISI and agencies of the US government including the CIA are also a matter of public record.

Pakistan's ISI has been used by successive US adminstrations as "a go-between." Pakistan's military-intelligence apparatus, constitutes the core institutional support to both Osama's Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Without this institutional support, there would be no Taliban government in Kabul. In turn, without the unbending support of the US government. there would be no powerful military-intelligence apparatus in Pakistan.

Senior officials in the State Department were fully cognizant of General Mahmoud Ahmad's role. In the wake of September 11, the Bush Administration consciously sought the "cooperation" of the ISI which had been supporting and abetting Osama bin Laden and the Taliban.

In other words, the Bush Administration's relations with Pakistan's ISI --including its "consultations" with General Mahmoud Ahmad in the week prior to September 11-- raise the issue of "cover-up" as well as "complicity". While Ahmad was talking to US officials at the CIA and the Pentagon, the ISI allegedly had contacts with the September 11 terrorists.

According to the Indian government intelligence report (referred to in the Times of India), the perpetrators of the September 11 attacks had links to Pakistan's ISI, which in turn has links to agencies of the US government. What this suggests is that key individuals within the US military-intelligence establishment might have known about ISI contacts with the September 11 terrorist "ring-leader" Mohamed Atta and failed to act.
      Whether this amounts to the complicity of the Bush Administration remains to be firmly established. The least one can expect at this stage is an inquiry. What is crystal clear, however, is that this war is not a "campaign against international terrorism". It is a war of conquest with devastating consequences for the future of humanity. And the American people have been consciously and deliberately misled by their government.

Ultimately the truth must prevail. The falsehoods behind America's war against the people of Afghanistan must be unveiled.

Source: https://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO111A.html

Okay - so is this now a connection we could potentially read more into? Powell endorses Obama who folks have been suspect of having ties to terrorist groups. Meanwhile, while Powell was doing his "job" he could have had knowledge of terrorist connections with people he was holding face to face meetings with? How much of the urge to take on the weapons of mass destruction was really Bush's and not a joint consensus. It appears to me that all of these folks have egg on their face. Armed with this knowledge and knowing that Powell will have a spot in Obama's administration has really got to make you open your eyes.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

olie north endorses MCcain.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by quirkysmilin View Post
      Cover-up and Complicity?
      The existence of an "ISI-Osama-Taliban axis" is a matter of public record. The links between the ISI and agencies of the US government including the CIA are also a matter of public record.

Pakistan's ISI has been used by successive US adminstrations as "a go-between." Pakistan's military-intelligence apparatus, constitutes the core institutional support to both Osama's Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Without this institutional support, there would be no Taliban government in Kabul. In turn, without the unbending support of the US government. there would be no powerful military-intelligence apparatus in Pakistan.

Senior officials in the State Department were fully cognizant of General Mahmoud Ahmad's role. In the wake of September 11, the Bush Administration consciously sought the "cooperation" of the ISI which had been supporting and abetting Osama bin Laden and the Taliban.

In other words, the Bush Administration's relations with Pakistan's ISI --including its "consultations" with General Mahmoud Ahmad in the week prior to September 11-- raise the issue of "cover-up" as well as "complicity". While Ahmad was talking to US officials at the CIA and the Pentagon, the ISI allegedly had contacts with the September 11 terrorists.

According to the Indian government intelligence report (referred to in the Times of India), the perpetrators of the September 11 attacks had links to Pakistan's ISI, which in turn has links to agencies of the US government. What this suggests is that key individuals within the US military-intelligence establishment might have known about ISI contacts with the September 11 terrorist "ring-leader" Mohamed Atta and failed to act.
      Whether this amounts to the complicity of the Bush Administration remains to be firmly established. The least one can expect at this stage is an inquiry. What is crystal clear, however, is that this war is not a "campaign against international terrorism". It is a war of conquest with devastating consequences for the future of humanity. And the American people have been consciously and deliberately misled by their government.

Ultimately the truth must prevail. The falsehoods behind America's war against the people of Afghanistan must be unveiled.

Source: https://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO111A.html

Okay - so is this now a connection we could potentially read more into? Powell endorses Obama who folks have been suspect of having ties to terrorist groups. Meanwhile, while Powell was doing his "job" he could have had knowledge of terrorist connections with people he was holding face to face meetings with? How much of the urge to take on the weapons of mass destruction was really Bush's and not a joint consensus. It appears to me that all of these folks have egg on their face. Armed with this knowledge and knowing that Powell will have a spot in Obama's administration has really got to make you open your eyes.

Go quirky go.