• Join Us!
  • Can You Hit a Perfect Credit Score?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Can You Hit a Perfect Credit Score?

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Can You Hit a Perfect Credit Score?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Credit scores are statistical calculations used to determine a person's creditworthiness. The most common credit score is the FICO score, named after software developer Fair Isaac and Corporation. FICO scores are typically provided to lenders by the three major credit reporting agencies -- Experian, TransUnion and Equifax -- to help lenders assess their risk in loaning money to individuals.

A person's credit score, which may differ by reporting agency, affects both his and her ability to qualify for different types of credit and to receive favorable interest rates. Based on national averages in December 2010, a homeowner applying for a $200,000, 30-year fixed mortgage with a credit score between 760 and 850, for example, may receive a 4.353% APR, resulting in monthly payments of $996. The same loan for a person with a lower credit score between 620 and 639 would result in a 5.942% APR, or $1,192 per month. Over the life of the loan, the person with the higher credit score would save approximately $70,000 in interest. While many people strive to achieve the highest credit score possible, few will earn that elusive perfect score -- the 850.

Keeping Score
      Credit scores range from 300 to 850. According to MyFICO.com, approximately 13% of FICO credit scores exceed 800, and only 1% of consumers achieve a perfect score of 850. In general, the higher the score, the lower the risk to any potential lenders. Five factors are included and weighted in calculating a person's credit score:
      1. 35 percent -- Payment history
      2. 30 percent -- Credit utilization
      3. 15 percent -- Length of credit history
      4. 10 percent -- New credit
      5. 10 percent -- Types of credit used

The One Percent
      While many people have excellent credit scores, what are 1% of Americans doing differently than the other 99%? Since a perfect score is so difficult to earn, those who do achieve it are often actively and consciously trying to do so. Whether you are gunning for a spot in the top or simply trying to improve your credit rating score, these tips can help.

Pay bills on time -- Even one late payment can hugely impact a person's credit score. Paying every bill on time -- from credit cards, mortgages and medical bills -- is important to maintaining or achieving a high score. A perfect credit score will typically show no late payments in the last seven years.

Use only a fraction of your available credit -- In general, the less credit you are using, the better. The ideal number to aim for is to use only 10-20% or less of your available credit each month. Thirty-percent of your credit score is based on credit use -- the ratio of your debt to your credit limit. The higher the number, the lower the credit score. People with perfect scores usually have a low utilization rate of less than 10%.

Review your credit report -- Looking at your own credit report will not negatively impact your credit score. Consumers are entitled to at least one free credit report each year from one of the three major credit bureaus, and should review the report for any errors such as incorrect credit limits or delinquencies.

Manage your credit card quiver -- Too many credit cards can make you appear desperate for credit. As such, it is better to have only a few credit cards, with the bulk of spending placed on one card since you can be penalized for having multiple large balances. Many issuers now automatically close inactive credit cards, so be sure to make small charges every few months on the lesser-used card(s) to keep the account open; otherwise, request that the account be closed.

Diversify your credit -- Having multiple types of credit is a plus when it comes to your credit score. A consumer who has a variety of debt types may be considered financially responsible (assuming the payments are being made on time). Credit cards, mortgages, automobile loans and retail accounts can increase your credit score -- to a point. Too many accounts may reduce your score. A good number to aim for is six: this is the number of accounts that perfect credit holders typically have.

Wait for it -- It takes time to build credit and to get a perfect credit score. Ten years of positive account history is generally needed to score above 800; people with a perfect score opened their first account 20 years earlier.

Is 850 Worth the Effort?
      Is getting a perfect credit score worth the effort? In general, no. Consumers with perfect scores probably will not have access to better loan rates than those with scores in the upper 700s to low 800s. In fact, when it comes to mortgage rates, the best APR rates are awarded to those in the 760 to 850 range, so there may be little financial reward for reaching 850. That said, like going for an Olympic Gold medal, or earning a 2400 on the SATs -- some people simply want that perfect score.

The Bottom Line
      Can you score a perfect 850? For most people, the answer is probably not. Those who do earn an 850 are committed to the cause, actively evaluating and controlling all aspects of their finances. A credit score in the high 700s is likely to land consumers the same advantages as a perfect score, but 1% of Americans will succeed in reaching the perfect 850.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

tn94z is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Re: Can You Hit a Perfect Credit Score?

I have read something like this in that past. The one I read basically said most people that achieve that perfect credit score are well into their years. It had the age but I can't remember....it was higher than the 40s though
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

that's an easy 'negative ghostrider'. for me. The highest I've ever seen was when I mortgaged my 1st house. The highest of the 3 was 720somethin. I doubt I'm even in the 600s.
      My credit score was at it's highest when I had allot going out. For some reason. When you pay stuff off, and don't have much revolving credit. It doesn't seem to help your score. I'm not that concerned about it at the moment. Not until I wanna by something.lol
      1 up

Go Gators

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

boo-boo was a 820 and i got mine to 780....thats about it. now i'm hovering somewhere around that -250 or yellow area!!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

jamescb77 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i use to be in the upper 700's but now im at abotu a 660 but working on pulling that up.

rc10j1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 53
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

It's really a debt score and not a credit score Dave Ramsey says.
      They call you paranoid until the worst happens, and in the aftermath they will call you a hero.

bowbow is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Mine is over 800 I know. Last time I got a loan.
      Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups